Universal Storm Casters Ultra (by Get Set Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by nickfury, Sep 10, 2015.

1. kidd546

kidd546 Active Member

Jan 31, 2014
    I lost my starting cards (regen, hydra, etc), which is super frustrating since the buffs don't seem to drop unless you have the associated cards. If there is any info I can provide to help you troubleshoot let me know.

The popup ads are a little much as well. I loved the original but I'm not liking the changes for Ultra.

2. nickfury

nickfury Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    Founder and Creative Director at Get Set Games
    Toronto, Canada
    Sorry to hear you lost those cards - is any of your progress kept when you restart the game? Or did you just lose those cards but kept others? As for the pop-up frequency, thanks for the feedback - this test period will help us figure out what players like and dislike, and will help us make sure the game is as good as it can be for the global launch. so we appreciate the input. What other changes aren't working for you if any?

For anyone else playing, what do you think about the game, and what do you think we could improve? Thanks again for all your feedback!

3. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Talk about addictive man wow....

4. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    This may be a bit much but I think what this game is missing is a more solid movement and fire system. Everything else is amazingly addictive but the character doesn't seem to have enough directional input or animations making you have to line up shots that would seem awkward since you can only shoot at an angle. I'm think of the style of a traditional shooter where you can rotate freely. If it's too much, I think in a sequel you should definitely implement this :)

Also the shot sound for the standard fireball just doesn't seem to have much impact. I'd love an improved sound. I guess it lacks the "omph!"

Overall I do think these would make your game a lot more impressive that it already is. Goodluck!

5. kidd546

kidd546 Active Member

Jan 31, 2014
    My other progress is saved, just lost the 3 original cards (regen, hydra, and forgot the other).

Pop ups are by far the biggest problem- just now I logged in to check progress, I get an ad when the game launches, click to play, then ANOTHER popup to watch an ad for a free chest.

I think the Warp stone earning rate/ prices could be retooled. Since the packs jump from 10 to 50 and stones are earned so slowly, you don't get to open many packs. Opening new cards is the most exciting part of the game (see: Hearthstone), so reducing prices or something of the sort would entice people to play more so they can open more packs.

6. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    #26 Zeillusion, Sep 12, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
    The original you earned stones much faster and could open packs with gold I believe. That's the best part, earning new skills and testing them. They've added lots of little cards like 1% to gold or 2% enemy explodes with gold or 2% XP ect. I guess they're filler cards. Would be nice to earn packs faster.

I can't buy any as of now because of my region barrier but it appears it's going to take a very long time to earn 50-80 stones.

I think you earn one per level? Which isn't to bad. I'd assume as you get higher it'll take longer to level of course.

I love that they kept the evolve system in. It's great seeing your character change cosmetics / look stronger. Is there a max level?

7. bluspacecow

bluspacecow Well-Known Member

May 3, 2012
    #27 bluspacecow, Sep 12, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
    Having a herp derp moment here.

Are you meant to start each new game with 1 of 2 hearts ? I'm on to zone 4 and seem to start every game now with 1 of 2 hearts.

That coupled with switching the control scheme to dual stick certainly has made the game more challenging for me. Not that that's a bad thing :) it's more fun it being harder to get through the levels. Makes the rewards sweater :)

8. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Even though you have two heart slots you need to earn them in dungeons. Same goes with having 3 slots. You'll need to fill them by finding hearts in dungeons. Try to avoid getting hit since the hearts aren't as common as you think!

& also thanks for the suggestion about buying a Canadian iTunes card. It seems a bit sketchy on eBay. I'll have to wait until they allow beta codes, or for the game to worldwide launch. I'll just to play for free for now haha

9. IzumiNowa

IzumiNowa Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 31, 2015
    Unemployed/part-time job
    Does this game have cloud sync?

10. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    I am really looking forward to the worldwide release.
    Watched the video. It looks fantastic!

11. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Loving this game all over again. I'd does seem a little longer to upgrade, but other than that, it's still the same great game that it originally was with stuff added. As long as there's no timers on how often I can play, I'll be happy. I love the grind in this game.

12. TywinTheVile

TywinTheVile Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2013
    Never played the original, glad they released a new version though. Still some game breaking bugs like sometimes going to the next room or floor results in a pitch black room with no exit and the only solution is quit or let the timer run out.

13. TywinTheVile

Sep 24, 2013
    Fyi, if you switch your main appstore account to Canada instead of creating a whole new account you'll be able to purchase IAPs upon switching your region back to your home region. For example, my account in US, I switched to Canada, got the game, switch back and can buy IAP.

14. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Serious?

15. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    That has never worked for me in the past but I'll have to try it again I suppose

16. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    Do you have credit in that account right now? If i remember correctly, this works only if you don't have any store credit in said account.

17. osoBlanco

osoBlanco New Member

Aug 28, 2015
    IOS Developer
    Armenia
    This is Niceeee

I absolutely Love this game <3 <3

18. henryfakesmile

henryfakesmile Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    usa
    thanks for the reminder

19. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Whats everyones level so far to make sure I am not too addicted compared to others lol. I am level 22.

20. TywinTheVile

Sep 24, 2013
    Right, you need to have $0 balance, but I play almost exlusively softlaunch titles and can always purchase using this method.