Universal Storm Casters (by Get Set Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jun 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickfury

nickfury Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    Founder and Creative Director at Get Set Games
    Toronto, Canada
    #81 nickfury, Jun 26, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
    *****PROBLEM FIXED!******

Please uninstall and re-install the game and everything should be back to normal, and your progress will be restored from iCloud.

New users will not be affected by this.

Yep - it was a problem on our server, which we've now disabled. For the time being, this means IAP is also disabled, which I'm sure won't make many people unhappy :p

Sorry for the screw up guys, and thanks for the quick reports!

2. birnbe

birnbe Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 8, 2012
    That did it, thanks! Have to go through the tutorial again w/o battle cards, rechoose your hero, etc. but after the tutorial all is restored.

3. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Okay a big thanks for this but I still have one question: you said progress is saved on iCloud but how is the game capable off loading the savegame from iCloud without any internet connection? I mean, it's there after a fresh install and immediatly turning off the connection without starting the game first.

Anyways, disabled IAP's arent that great...really.

4. Tonk Montana

Tonk Montana Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2010

5. troyau

troyau New Member

Jun 26, 2014
    I also had the no card problem, glad it was fixed by reinstalling :) Loving this game so far and for my first pack of cards (10gems - bought without iap) I received a legendary and two epics!

6. nickfury

May 3, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    Your progress is also stored on your device, so it's double secure :)

Interesting idea! The Portal Timer was pretty contentious while we designed the game, but people seem to like it overall. A non-timer mode might be cool to try out though!

That's what I like to hear!

======

REMINDER: If you recently had a game not starting/lost progress bug, please un-install and re-install to fix this issue.

7. PhoenixWing

PhoenixWing Active Member

Jan 29, 2014
    So far enjoying the game :D One problem though, my screen always stutters when I pick up weapons or bombs from the ground, and this sometimes got me killed :( . I am using iPhone 5.

8. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    #88 Nekku, Jun 26, 2014
    Okay nickfury, I get it. You wont tell me where it is stored exactly xD
    But then, how do I start fresh without to be able to delete my progress? D':
    I've choosed the female character but want to start with the male character. :/

And pls think about removing this unnecessary server check. Now we can't buy additional cards with IAP and if a game doesn't require online connectivity from ground up it makes no sense to add online anti-piracy/-hacking measures check ups. It's possible to just block this connection and the game will doing fine. Even IAP's are unlocked again by just blocking this connection. This makes totaly no sense.

9. birnbe

birnbe Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 8, 2012
    #89 birnbe, Jun 26, 2014
    ----

10. sharfaust

sharfaust Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2013
    Since I was one of the people affected by the freezing at the starting loading screen, I thought I would let you guys know that the issue seems to be resolved. I was able to play a little, and the game is pretty cool.

11. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I dislike timers generally as I like to explore every nook in a level and make sure I find and pick everything up.

But I'm glad to see maybe you'd be interested in adding more to the game. Most games get released and then that's it.

12. nickfury

May 3, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    That's a feature that we know people will want, but it's not implemented yet. Expect it in an update fairly soon!

Great - that's a relief! Thanks!

13. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    It's annoying me trying to remember but I'm sure I own or have played another iOS game in the not too distant past where you get cards and those are randomly drawn with each game? It's just so familiar

14. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    #94 ojtitus, Jun 26, 2014
    This game is definitely a lot of fun but I don't like how you start with one heart. So basically you have to replay a previous level to get your health to max before you start the level you really want to play if you don't want to worry about getting killed after one hit.

Are you thinking of Pocket Mine?

15. Saucepolicy

Saucepolicy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2009
    Crispy ex-game developer
    Hey there,

I wanted to let you know that turning off your servers and doing a fresh install did fix the freezing problem...at first.

Now that I've opened up area two, instead of freezing the game now crashes to home at the end of the progress bar. :\

I deleted the game and reinstalled a second time, same issue.

However, if I turn off Wi-Fi, it works again.

This would indicate that there's an issue with error handling in your client when talking to the server.

16. bigghurt

bigghurt Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2012
    The game where cards are randomly drawn was adventure land it was released a few weeks ago. Most people refer to it as rogue legacy runner or rogue legacy lite. In that game you had to traverse a metroidvania castle with a new character each time. This game is basically a mash up of rogue like games smash tv dual stick shooters and ccg probability rolls.

17. nickfury

May 3, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    Thanks for the heads-up Saucepolicy - we're looking into it.

18. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    The starting with one heart is killing this for me

19. nickfury

May 3, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    We admit it's definitely old-school in that way, but there are a few things that will help you:

• Regeneration Card - this will give you extra hearts to pick up as you play
    • Increasing your Attack Power - kill them before they get near you!
    • Shield Cards, like Sacred Aura - will stop enemies from touching you
    • Shrinkify Card - this will shrink you down and make it harder for enemies to hit you

As you Evolve, you will also get more heart slots, which can give you up to four Hearts.

20. SonixManix

SonixManix Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2013
    Is there any way you guys can add an option to lower the graphics quality for the people stuck with an iPhone 4? The lag really is not too terrible for me, but I would like it with less. :)