Universal Storm Casters (by Get Set Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jun 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Breinstein

Breinstein Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2012
    The Netherlands
    That's the download size. Installed it is 228 MB

2. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Buying this to support the dev. I love dungeon crawler and do hope the game time for this will be sufficient for me haha.

3. sharfaust

sharfaust Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2013
    Thanks much!

4. nickfury

nickfury Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    Founder and Creative Director at Get Set Games
    Toronto, Canada

Thanks kenken - if you're really powering through, Storm Casters has a play time of around 8 hours, but at a normal pace you should get a lot more out of it!

5. DanRiverBrew

DanRiverBrew Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2013
    Hi Devs,
    The game freezes on my iphone 5C (i don't have 7.1.1 installed) at the "Entering Dungeon" line just as the progress bar fills up. I tried resetting and still it freezes, FYI.

6. birnbe

birnbe Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 8, 2012
    The game bugged out on me. I played it last night for a bit, got to level 9, maxed out my attack. When I started the game this morning, I have no battle cards so it can't start a quest... Game over.

7. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Fantastic game and a blast to play.

My only gripe...you should start with all your hearts full vs only starting with one life.

Other than that, this game is spot on. Great progression and defienetly has that "one more try" vibe.

8. Egokiller

Egokiller Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2013
    I am having the same problem. I can select a character, but after the loading bar fills the game freezes. I've tried restarting my phone and reinstalling the game. Im on an iphone 5 running 7.1.1

9. DanRiverBrew

DanRiverBrew Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2013
    I just updated to 7.1.1 and still freezing at the "Entering Dungeon...". It happens on both characters Rufus and Alena.

10. nickfury

May 3, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    Sorry to hear that Dan - have you been able to play the game at all, or did it happen from first run? Perhaps you could try re-installing? If you're still having issues, you can contact us directly at [email protected] or visit our support forums here: https://getsatisfaction.com/getsetgames/products/getsetgames_storm_casters

11. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    #71 Nekku, Jun 26, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
    Yep, same here. After two hours playing, closing it and starting it up again all my cards are gone.

iPad Mini Retina 7.1.1 non-jailbroken here.
    Considering it already was non-functional the first time I've installed it and it tooked a second installation to be able to play it and saving my progress...hmm, I think there are some poorly implemented anti-piracy/anti-hacking mechanics. Just a guess^^
    So this is the second time the game is bugging out but this time I cant fix it by just re-installing it cause the bugged savegame will be loaded after re-downloading the game. Where the hell are you saving game progress?? It will be there even without a internet connection o_O. You better fix this up dev or it's refund time.
    I dont want to be that harsh but I rly have enough of this. It's just a punch in the face of legit players.

12. DerDree

DerDree Active Member

Jun 12, 2014
    Same problem for me on iPad Air.

13. nickfury

May 3, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    Thanks for the bug reports, and sorry to hear you're having problems. We're looking into these two issues right now.

14. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Same here...

15. nickfury

May 3, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    Progress is saved in iCloud so you can keep your progress between devices, or uninstall and not lose anything. It's designed for player convenience rather than anti-piracy, which is tough to fight anyway :\ We're looking into these issues right now.

16. birnbe

birnbe Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 8, 2012
    Do you have battle cards? I have the same loading bar problem, but its b/c there are no cards. It shows the back of 3 cards when I try to begin a guest, but no actual cards.

17. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    #77 Nekku, Jun 26, 2014
    I can't see it in my Settings/iCloud Account :/

btw: I've iFunbox'ed into the games folder and made a comparrison of the plist file (which were is the progress saved in) after a fresh install without internet connection and after enabeling my WiFi. As soon as I enable my WiFi the file will be kinda "cleaned up" and it's mostly empty after that. That's why all my cards are gone I guess. Don't ask, I have been jailbroken for a long time until 7.1.1.
    Seems like something server specific.

18. MeanDinosaur

MeanDinosaur Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Getting the same problem; stuck at the end of the loading bar. First time trying the game. Tries killing the the app and relaunching as well.

19. sharfaust

sharfaust Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2013
    Just my luck. I decided this would be my app to buy this week. I buy it, and as it is downloading, I check this forum and notice these problems. I try starting the game: same freezing problem at the same point. I tried restarting and reinstalling as well. Iphone 4S running 7.1.1.

20. Saucepolicy

Saucepolicy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2009
    Crispy ex-game developer
    #80 Saucepolicy, Jun 26, 2014
    Add another one to the list: 5C, 7.1.1, not Jailbroken.

I downloaded it having read this forum so I knew what the risks were.

If it helps, with a fresh install on a 7.1.1 devices it seems to be failing to save the player state at all, or possibly creating a save that the game considers corrupted. After it freezes at the first load screen, restarting the game forces the player through the character picker again.