Universal Storm Casters (by Get Set Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jun 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    This looks awesome.

Anyone know if this has GC and achievements?

2. MikeGetSet

MikeGetSet Member

We will also be doing a live stream of the game today starting at 5:00pm EST. We're going to be answering questions and giving out promotion codes so you can get a free copy! You can check out our Twitch Channel at http://www.twitch.tv/getsetgames

3. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    #23 redribbon, Jun 25, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
  4. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    This was the one that was originally called "battle casters" right?

Once you unlock certain levels you start from there or do you always start at the beginning?

5. Ninjastar13

Ninjastar13 Member

Oct 7, 2009
    I have been waiting since this was called Battle casters. I will download this the moment it becomes available.

Do we know if further updates will bring more cards?

6. hellscaretaker

hellscaretaker Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    Im a youtube gamer/streamer
    reading the comments from the developers this sounds like a lot of fun...im sold as well...

7. nickfury

nickfury Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    Founder and Creative Director at Get Set Games
    Toronto, Canada
    Yes - Storm Casters was originally called Battle Casters, which was apparently a little too close to a certain transforming robot-themed game on the App Store.

I'm not sure what you mean by starting at the beginning. Card levels can be upgraded and just get more powerful as you fuse them. Characters can be evolved and your power will increase with each evolution. You're constantly getting more powerful as you collect more cards and upgrade your Attack Strength and Portal Time.

While there are 60 cards in the game as it is, there are a lot of cards that were cut or weren't fully developed by the time we shipped, including fun stuff like Dragon Familiars and Skeleton Minions, so expect some cool stuff down the line!

8. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New York, NY

9. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New York, NY
    This looks sweet. Been pouring all my efforts in Wayward and will be a nice change up.

10. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    Looks cool! Looking forward to some impressions and if they don't come fast enough I'll have to buy it because I'm weak.

11. nickfury

May 3, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
  12. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    I was lucky enough to get a code, haven't tried it yet though. Looking forward to it!

13. Avatre

Avatre Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    I was lucky enough to get a code from the Twitch Stream, made my day! :) I've only had a short go with it so far, but I love it. Beautiful and clear graphics, fun gameplay and seems quite a bit to it, can't wait to dive back in :)

14. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    In work couldn't join : ( will take a look at more impressions when I finish work later.

15. nickfury

May 3, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    Thanks for checking in everyone - that was super fun, and it went pretty well for our first Twitch experience. We'll definitely be doing more of those in future. Great feedback and questions, and congrats to everyone who got a promo code!

16. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Is there different classes you can play as? Is there loot?

17. sharfaust

sharfaust Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2013
    Could someone post the install size? Thanks!

18. Tonk Montana

Tonk Montana Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Ahh. This is scratching my dual-stick itch. I will post impressions soon. I want to play it a bit more to understand a few mechanics...

19. Tonk Montana

Tonk Montana Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Ok, my impressions of the game are quite favourable. There are some interesting mechanics at play here in this genre mash-up. The most interesting mechanic for me is the timer. Nothing is groundbreaking but it all comes together in a cohesive and fun experience. In short, if you are interested in this game, download it without fear that you are getting a lemon.

The way the game is currently built makes it seem a finite experience (which is a shame) but saying that, definitely worth the time in pure fun. Hopefully added modes will expand the experience. There is no class system (your choice is basically male/female) but this is not a bad thing. The all-decisive IAP seems fair and completely superfluous (use it to support the Devs if you want) but until I get to higher levels I can't tell what the necessity of having legendary cards or not.

My rating: 4 out of 5 treasure chests.
    Detailed impressions below...