Universal Storm Casters (by Get Set Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jun 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #Bonk3rZ

#Bonk3rZ Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2014
    top of the world
    Ok, of course I gave that one a try. This was a bit tricky, since you need at least some progress to leave the tutorial part behind and are able to access the menu. On the way I had two crashes and therefore to start the game again. When I finally reached the menu, there was no reset button. It was then when I realised that new updates have to be installed again after downloading the app. I updated, startet over again, had two crashes, (and you remember: I have to start from choosing your charakter every time ...), and finally made it. I pressed the reset button, startet again and played until I cleared the first zone. (Probably for the 30th time or something like that.) Closed the app, opened the app: choose your charakter ... :(

2. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    I didn't mention earlier (I just edited my post), I haven't tried filling up storage space on this update yet.

I also use Battery Doctor.

Every attempt before this update was while offline... so there should have been no corrupted data beforehand.

And my device naturally filling up had also triggered the issue. It's a big problem. :eek:

I will be updating tomorrow... I wonder what exactly will happen this time. Judging by others' results, it won't go well. :(

3. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    Great update!
    Now the game is totally unplayable! Before the update there weren't any monsters on the last floors but now the game gets stuck on the loading screen. What a scam!
    Nice work!

4. chriswing

chriswing Member

Sep 23, 2013
    Running on 5s with latest IOS. This update made my game forever stucked in entering dungeon loading screen...

@developer : please indicate a lead time to fix this issue. Is totally unplayable

5. Intendro

Aug 6, 2013
    #365 Intendro, Aug 29, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
    *updates*

*starts game, game loads*

*runs Battery Doctor's space fill to trigger iOS's junk cleanup*

*game gets stuck at Get Set screen like before, like others reported still happened to them*

*sigh*
    :eek:

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1.2.

Found a glitch. In the beginning tutorial, I brought up Control Center, which suspended the game: it was paused when I got back. The attack button/stick showed up, even though I hadn't met the character who gives you magic.

6. fivejane

fivejane Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 23, 2009
    post-cap packs?

Is it possible to get any Warp Stones through play once the level cap has been reached? The only places I can remember getting them are in the level-up pouch and rarely from a level-up treasure chest.

Am I forever stuck with 9 dead Warp Stones? That's kind of a drag, design-wise.

7. bilboa

bilboa Well-Known Member

May 23, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    I've found lots of them in treasure chests. Also I'm pretty sure I've gotten them sometimes when finishing a zone. If you can get the cards which increase your chances of finding chests, you'll also have a better chance of finding stones.

8. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Hang in there. I have all the cards, currently 211 warp stones and over a million gold coins. I finished the game sometime ago and keep playing the last 4 levels over and over again as I wait for new levels.

9. Intendro

Aug 6, 2013
    #369 Intendro, Aug 30, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2014
    After clearing storage once...
    While offline, it got stuck at the Get Set screen.
    While online, menu loads, but starting the game results in loading bar reaching full but then the game is stuck at the loading bar screen.

I'm guessing the game tries to find a cloud save when it can't load the save, and thus actually starts the menu. And then fails to load the save anyway, so it gets stuck at the end of the loading screen.

I will erase my data while online and wait for an update to make the save not considered "junk."

Do I have a cloud save even though I don't use iCloud? That's the case in at least one other game...

I wonder if I could actually play and retrieve the cloud save after junk clearing... though I don't want to risk the cloud save itself getting corrupted and thus requiring starting over again anyway. :(

I don't use iCloud due to horror stories of auto-backups overwriting newer saves with old ones... Uh... My computer's files have a "date modified" stamp. Does the save data of apps not have this? Can it not read? How is this possible?
    I know that's Apple's problem, however...

Speaking of cloud saves, I have a suggestion: how about manual uploading and downloading of cloud saves? That would be better than automatic. It would even get around the data corruption issue if that isn't fixed soon. :)

10. terrence92

terrence92 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2013
    Ohhh comooon man the enemies just dissapared mid game!!! Pfff

11. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    I just bought this game the other day (since the last update).

I had a great time playing for a couple of hours. Then I restored my iPad to factory settings and restored my backup (as I do intermittently to clear the “other" space in my storage).

When I ran it again I was faced with choosing a character and starting the tutorial again from scratch. I tried reinstalling - and still had to play the tutorial - though it did remember my character choice. On getting through that I found all of the levels I'd unlocked were still unlocked and I still had all of my cards, but all of my levelling up and, and attack boosts, portal time and money had gone.

I hit reset and started from the beginning - and I tried out using Battery Doctor to clear my junk - just to see what would survive. Now whenever I collect money in the game, I get a red bar appear on the screen for a moment. Although I've collected cards and can get them before I go into battle, the actual card list itself shows as empty.

Is there any point in playing this game at the moment? Especially considering that I'll be restoring from a backup again in the next month or so when I upgrade my iPad? I don't relish having to start again when I do.

12. Kevd

Kevd Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Where is the update that is supposed to fix the lag and improve the controls? Thought it would have been hot on the heels of the first update that didn't seem to do much of anything....

13. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    I'm at chapter 3 (floor 27-29) and I've already reached max level. Stuck at 42 gems, have never gotten any gems from chests.

14. Kevd

Kevd Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    It is looking more and more like we won't be getting that promised lag fix/improved controls update. Close to deleting this for space.

Devs, any reason to keep this on my device at this point or have you abandoned it?

15. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Considering buying this game, but it seems like some serious bugs still remain?

16. Dunan

Dunan Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2013
    Australia
    I still can't get past the loading screen myself to load into a dungeon. Spare yourself the pain.

17. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Right, recently it's so hard to find a good dual stick shooter :(

18. Alex Wolf

Alex Wolf Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    This was my favourite game of ios alltime

And this stupid bug that no enemys respawn kills me!!!

Did anyone manage to fix that problem yet?

19. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    It's a shame this great game has been abandoned, but Pocket Mine 2 nicely scratches the card collecting/upgrading itch for me. It feels very similar, even though the actual gameplay is different.

20. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    I still get some lag on this game, but it's fun.