Universal Storm Casters (by Get Set Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jun 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bryson

Bryson Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2012
    I was really really enjoying this game, and I find 9/10 games on iOS shit until I tried to play this morning and all of my progress was gone.

I didn't know if it was a bug or if that was the way the game was supposed to be played but I see now I am not the only one.

I didn't switch devices or do anything out of the ordinary. The only thing I can confirm is that I did get a message that my ipad storage was getting full. I had about 200-300mbs left in case that is somehow related.

Really want to keep playing but would hate to lose my progress again so I might just wait for the update to hit.

2. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

I am really bummed out. I had the device low memory warning and all of my cards are now gone:-(

3. BazookaTime

Has there been any word on a fix for the lost cards/gems?

4. Kevd

Kevd Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Where do we stand with the update? Had to stop playing due to lag/control issues. Hoping we will see the update released soon...

5. nickfury

nickfury Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    Founder and Creative Director at Get Set Games
    Toronto, Canada
    NOTE: STORM CASTERS IS NOW ON SALE FOR $0.99

Get it here!

An update has been submitted to Apple that fixes a number of issues and smooths out some problems with performance. That update should go live any day now. There are still known issues, but the next update will fix many of the bigger problems that some people have run into.

6. maikelg

maikelg Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    I hope the memory issue is among the issues that were fixed, looking forward to getting back into the game!

7. graison

graison Member

Dec 14, 2011
    Saskatoon, Canada
    Updating now!

8. rockhount

rockhount Active Member

Jun 27, 2013
    updated, bug with "no enemys" still existing. i am very disappointed...

9. maikelg

Dec 2, 2008
    And the freezing bug after clearing memory is also still there. So what bugs DID you fix?!

10. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Really dissappointed. No enemies for me too. Changing my rating to 1 star cause i bought the game and essentially have no game to play. Shame.

11. rockhount

rockhount Active Member

Jun 27, 2013
    I do not understand their priorities.
    Crashes etc are annoying but you can at least play UNTIL that happens.

The 'no enemies' bug is game breaking, there is no, and I mean absolutely NO reason in playing this game while this bug is not fixed...

And after waiting several weeks for at least one patch (i am aware of the submission procedure and I know that it takes usually two weeks to get apples approval), I cannot find the right words to describe my disappointment

12. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    #352 Intendro, Aug 28, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
    Argh!
    Why?!
    :(
    That should be fixed already! It can't be that complicated to set the save data not to be considered junk files. Why wasn't that fixed here?
    Now how long is it going to take for the next update?

...Sorry, I'm just really annoyed at this. #

I accidentally almost filled up my space and it triggered iOS's cleanup. If I had actually started the game yet, my data would be gone.
    (That was before this update, I haven't actually tested this update myself yet.)

I don't want to have to worry about this. This shouldn't happen. When is this going to be fixed? :(
    I want to play my game.

13. #Bonk3rZ

#Bonk3rZ Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2014
    top of the world
    Finally! After three months of thinking whether to keep or not to keep the game on my phone the (announced as coming soon ...) update with bug fixes finally arrived. Und suddenly - nothing happened ...

Everything is still as it has been, what in my case basically means that the game is still incapable to save my game progress. But hey, thanks to this update my thinking is over. App deleted. Finally!

14. nickfury

May 3, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    #354 nickfury, Aug 28, 2014
    Here is the list of fixes for this update:

Fixed crash on load after selecting a character
    Fixed progress not being saved when the game is sent as a gift
    Fixed issue with iCloud syncing and backup of progress
    Fixed issue with tutorial progress not being saved
    Fixed crash when accessing the Battle Cards screen
    Fixed problems with certain room configurations
    Fixed infinite rooms bug
    Optimized texture compression
    Optimized text rendering in game
    Added ability to reset/restart the game
    Optimized the behaviour of some enemies for better performance

Sorry to hear your frustration. :( Unfortunately we can't restore progress that has been previously wiped by a memory cleaner. iCloud syncing has been updated so that you shouldn't need any local files to store your progress in future, but if your iCloud data is currently corrupted by the memory cleaning process, we can't alter that without resetting your iCloud data.

We've added an option to reset your game in the Help menu. On the Main Menu, tap the Gear icon, then tap the Help button in the top right corner. You will see the option "Reset All".

Tapping Reset All will allow you to start the game with a clean slate. This will, however mean you lose all your current progress, but any progress you do make in future should be safe.

The no enemies bug is very high priority for us, but to date we haven't been able to replicate it, after hundreds of hours of testing. It's frustrating that we haven't been able to track it down yet, but we didn't want that one bug to delay the patching of other bugs that are affecting users. It's on our radar, and we will make sure it's fixed once we can replicate it.

The nuclear option for this bug at the moment is to reset your game as described above. This will reset all your progress and start you off with a clean slate. The bug is very rare so it's unlikely you'll run across it again.

15. nickfury

May 3, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    Sorry to hear that - it would be very helpful if you could describe what effects you were seeing from this issue. Was it along the lines of: Play the game > Quit the game > Restart game > Progress from the last session was lost ? Or is it that the progress you had made before the patch was not restored?

Additionally if you can provide any more information on the following, it would really help:

Were you playing the game with an internet connection or were you offline?
    Do you have iCloud disabled?
    Did you switch devices at all?
    Did you run any memory cleaners after playing the game?

For anyone that is still seeing problems with saving progress, if you could describe the effects of the problem, that would really help. We may be dealing with two different bugs here. One that was fixed, and one that is harder to track down.

16. BazookaTime

After Updating I have all of my cards again, not sure how but I am happy about that. I did free up a bunch of memory, so I am not sure if that helped.

Even if I end up needing to start again at some point, this is still one of my top five all time iOS games, really disappointing that it didn't do better.

17. #Bonk3rZ

#Bonk3rZ Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2014
    top of the world
    As I already described to you three months ago: Every time I start the game I have to start from the beginning. Regardless of how many chambers or even zones I finished - when starting the app again, I have to choose a charakter, go through the dark, meet the fellow who gives me the ability to shoot, etc. ... Got it? Every time. Absolutely no progress saved. To make things even worse, "sometimes" the game "remembers" some cards and / or upgrades. So it can happen that I start my first chamber with 60 seconds time etc.) But gameplay is always from the beginning.

Online.
    No.
    Only got one.
    Never.

18. maikelg

Dec 2, 2008
    #358 maikelg, Aug 28, 2014
    After I reset the game and started from the beginning (after I cleaned my memory to test) the game starts up but crashes immediately upon entering the first dungeon. My guess is by cleaning memory you actually delete files the game needs to run and that it's not a save issue, it's actual game files being deleted (which would also happen if your device runs out of memory the natural way).

19. nickfury

May 3, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    Thanks for the detailed feedback. I understand if you don't want to try the game again, but it would be very interesting to find out what happens if you used the new Reset All option in the Help menu, and if that would help clear up any corrupted data that might be causing this.

So to be clear, you ran the memory cleaner after getting the latest update? Which memory cleaner did you use?

Thanks again for any and all replies. It really does help.

20. maikelg

Dec 2, 2008
    Yes I updated to the last version, reset the game, then i played the first level so I would have a save file. Then I quit and ran my memory cleaner (Battery Doctor) to test. I opened the game again, went through all the menu's but when i enter the first dungeon the game crashes.