Universal Storm Casters (by Get Set Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jun 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

I agree.

2. killwhitey

killwhitey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Maxed level 50, lots of cards. I've recently started to experience lag at the card screen too. When I click on reshuffle it lags and takes my money but the cards don't flip. Anybody else having that issue?

3. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    I haven't had any problems with lag on my iPad Air, and I don't mind starting with one heart.

My only problem right now is the lack of a relative v-stick. Probably half my deaths are due to my thumb sliding off the fixed stick.

Other than that, this game is brilliant. I hope the sale works out and it continues to get love and updates.

4. thecomichunter

Jan 1, 2014
    #304 thecomichunter, Jul 13, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2014
    Super fun game but after level 30 or so, I've started experiencing some major lag issues in game and a big where I don't have any cards and the level won't load from the card screen.

Fun, but I haven't really been able to play properly in a bit...

5. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Wow this game is fun. I would kill for Game Center achievements for this. It really has that one more run feeling.

6. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Amen, brotha (man, I've been wanting to do that for some time...)

7. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Lol :)

8. killwhitey

killwhitey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Just thinking of this now, but to appease everyone, why not just add in a legendary card that gives an extra heart to start? The fifth combine would have to add something else since hearts max at five, but it would give people awesome runs when it came up.

9. CaptLudd

CaptLudd Well-Known Member

May 1, 2013
    this^^^^

10. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Will Game Center ever be integrated with this?

11. ColeDaddy

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Great idea, kw.

12. Machiknight

Machiknight Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2013
    Oh man! Really!?

I just saw this on your tips guide:

Max your attack and portal time before evolving! Each evolution comes with new pricing on your stat upgrades, get the most out of each level before you evolve.

This makes me really sad, because I DIDN'T do this, and my starts are starting to get STUPID expensive to raise. 17k per ATK and my ATK is only 53 right now at Clevel 46.

I cant imagine having to pay 100k to level up my ATk at some point, as it is getting 20k gets pretty time consuming. This makes me sad, otherwise I'm totaly hooked on this game, and love every aspect of it. I dont think having to start with 1 heart is any kind of big deal either.

13. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    So being further along, perhaps I have softened my view a bit. I would support adding an additional heart AFTER the second evolution. I am at level 31, and although I do ok, the bullets and other flying object killing you in a one hit kill makes it a bit tedious, as getting through some area is more luck of the draw if any hearts show up.
    I don't think it critical, as I noted, it becomes a bit tedious and easier to put down if you get one hit kills despite the otherwise superpowers you have collected. I think with 4-5 hearts max where I am, having 2 hearts at the start at least allows a single unanticipated shot, but still can make it pretty far into the levels.
    As referenced earlier by others, some of the strengths that are superlative is keeping everything you get. If that were removed that would make grinding not so much fun.

14. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    I'm in the 4th chapter now and I can't beat zones anymore. When there is supposed to be a boss, there isn't one, and the rooms just keep going indefinitely until I die or run out of time. Has anyone else experienced this?

I have a screenshot of text saying "room 11" but I can't upload it in the TA app.

15. ColeDaddy

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    I've never had an 11. I think I went as far as room 6 or 7 right before level 50. Hopefully the dev will chime in...

16. bilboa

bilboa Well-Known Member

May 23, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    I still haven't beaten zone 12, so I haven't made it to the 4th chapter. I did have that happen at least once in a lower level though, where the room number just kept going up much higher than usual until I ran out of time. When I repeated the zone it didn't happen again.

17. ColeDaddy

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    I know the devs are squashing bugs, but it would be great to add new evolution levels, chapters and challenges (non-spoiler alert: which were hinted at at the end). As it is, I keep playing the levels and just keep accumulating gold coins.

Also, I'd like the coins to be rolled-over in the update, too. I mention this because I have a game that I completed with a boatload of cash leftover. However, when the update came out, all of my money was irretrievably wiped out. I hope GetSet considers this when they decide to add more content.

Attached Files:

18. nickfury

nickfury Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    Founder and Creative Director at Get Set Games
    Toronto, Canada
    That's too bad, but it's duly noted. As you've seen there is a lot of debate on the number of hearts. We're currently leaning toward a card-based solution (a Legendary card that will give you hearts at the start of your run, which "killwhitey" also described a couple of pages back.) I think this might give a good balance between those who would like a bit of a reprieve from the difficulty and those who prefer the high-stakes feel of the game.

The great thing about the card system is that you can modify the game to your play style in this way, so everyone's happy (as long as you can find the card!) :)

We're always looking for ways to make the game more enjoyable for everyone, and sometimes changes will be made, but we do seem to have a pretty good sweet-spot right now with the game. Bugs are the biggest issue, but we've got some great new features lined up as well.

This is a new bug that cropped up and it's a known issue that we are currently trying to track down. We do extensive testing before a release, but once the game gets into the hands of thousands of players, new bugs tend to surface. We get automated crash reports and monitor forums for people reporting bugs, so we're very much on top of the situation. We would love to release a crash-free game, but it's a bit like playing whack-a-mole, especially for a smaller developer like us.

We've made some significant tweaks to the control sticks that will really help with responsiveness. They aren't dynamically placed (yet) but we've increased the touch area very noticeably and it makes a big difference.

As noted above, the sticks have been improved to be more responsive, although still not dynamic.

This is what we're leaning towards now and I think it will help close the gap between those who like 1-heart and those who would like a bit of relief.

Putting in achievements is on our todo list for sure and we'd love to get those in at some point.

This should be offset somewhat by the amount of gold you're collecting, but yeah, it's kind of a hidden trick based around a feature that's in there to help balance the game. We're thinking about ways to point this out more clearly.

Thanks - this is a known issue and we're working to fix it right now. This shouldn't happen 100% of the time - do you ever see a boss or do you always get the infinite room bug? Does it always happen on the same floor?

As an FYI, you can get out of this by choosing QUIT from the pause menu. This will allow you to end the game but keep everything you have collected.

Thanks again to everyone for the bug reports, feature suggestions and general comments - we've had more discussion around Storm Casters than any of our previous games and we love it!

One thing we'd love to hear more of is what kind of cards (from fun to functional to game-changing) would you like to see added to the game?

19. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Nick,
    Thanks for working to make this a better game. The heart card I think would also be a reasonable fix for those that like to start a bit stronger.

For new cards - I have not got through the game so perhaps some of these are in there - is there a place we can go to see all the cards? -

Fun - warp card - run into the space and it warps you to a random place within the current level - please don't cheap shot us and drop us into a lava pit

Functional - an armor card that lets you absorb several hits (3 maybe) before your hearts stop dropping (you can call it Charge of the Light Brigade :p) I would recommend that this would be like a bomb card that actually needs to be activated for strategic use, and it keeps one from being too powerful

Game Changing - something along the lines of a short time of invincibility, or doubling hit power maybe? Perhaps something that doubles the crystals collected - although that would really be a pisser if one did a run and received no crystals...

I don't know that new cards are really needed, although I am only through Chap 3, and enjoy just playing the game with whatever I get served. I have found the balance very good and really just find the lag when there are lots of enemies on screen to be the only problematic thing.

20. Wicked8146

Wicked8146 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    A card that turns your weapon different colors.
    A card that makes you the size of the bosses.
    A card that gives you all boss dungeons, but with a timer
    A card that makes your weapons go through enemies, attacking the ones behind it
    A card that makes you immune to spikes
    A card that gives you chests that only contain other cards (super rare!)
    A card that makes dungeons come pre-populated with gold

:)