Stop it devs!!!

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by dannys95, Dec 14, 2008.

1. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    Devs, STOP IT!! I know I will be criticized but I can't take it. Stop things like putting your game on sale saying for "a limited time" when it will become that prize. Examples? Pangea's first sales, Clusterball has been on sale for a limited time since Nov 20! Also stop promising things we will not get. It's annoying. You want us to respect you but give US some respect too!

2. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008

I actually think that most of the time customers treat devs better than devs customers.

If you want another example: Spawn illuminati was selling so well at .99 cents that the dev decided to put a 1.99 price tag on it and said it was a "limited time introductory price"..now the game is back to .99 cents

3. dannys95

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    SEE?!!! oh and btw, update your signature. :)

4. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    :D
    ARggghhh I know! It's so har do to keep up...wait no its not.... I AM A LAZY PERSON!!!!!! ARGHHHH

I shall update now, thanks for the reminder AGAINST LAZYISM

5. dannys95

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    LOL! Just change it to something like:

Last purchase: Never stop

:p

6. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    #6 istopmotion, Dec 14, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2008
    This is a waste of a thread. Just because you got mad at a couple developers doesn't mean all devs are bad. Some devs are very nice people (I've talked to quite a few while beta testing and giving feedback, etc).

If you don't like a developer for something they do, then don't post about it, keep it to yourself because no one really wants to hear you complaining that they drop the prices. Yeah, sometimes it sucks if you just buy a game for $5 and it drops to $1, but that's your own fault. Use AppSniper or something if you don't want that to happen.

The developers actually listen to their customers! You can email them and 90% of the time they'll actually respond back and even listen to you! You're complaining about the devs when they work their butts off for games that you like to play. If you're sick of it, don't buy games. It's as simple as that.

PS You probably think I'm overreacting but you're saying that all devs need to stop doing something just for you. You can be mad at a few devs but don't make it seem like they all do the same thing. That's all I have to say

7. dannys95

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    my thread is not saying devs are bad. its saying to stop it and for those who have not done to not do it. i agree, devs are really nice. i myself have beta tested too u know........

8. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    Ok, well don't make it sound like all devs are bad because that's what I'm understanding from this.

Also, I'm not saying I 100% completely disagree with you. SOME devs really just tick me off (Urban Tycoon developer).

And, just because something says "limited time sale" or whatever, doesn't mean it will only be a one week sale. Clusterball might be on sale till 2009, and that's perfectly fine. In my opinion, it's better to have sales because that's what gets me to consider buying a game. Usually I like to wait a bit before I buy a game just in case the dev decides on a sale.

9. dannys95

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    Agreed. I made contact with the Urban Tycoon dev just so you know. He says the update was pushed back. And he does have a unity game engine cause he has a 3d app in the app store.