Universal [STO] Special Tactics Online (by Beast Mode Games LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jul 22, 2015.

1. GameHopper

GameHopper Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2015
    we got an expedited review on a fix. Ill PM you to help you out.

2. Cerxop65

Cerxop65 Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Ok thanks

3. Cerxop65

Cerxop65 Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    And believe me I love this game it just sucks to see them go away

4. dontonka

dontonka Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2014
    Indie Game Developer (www.naturalbornsoldier.com)
    Montreal, Canada
    #104 dontonka, Aug 29, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
    Hello guys. I just updated to 5.4, and soon after to 6.4, as it was mandatory. I have to say I really enjoy this game :). I like the small chat feature added, as the 2 new maps, which are kind of simple but still allow some new strategy play :). It would be nice if players could choose the map, but it's a nice to have probably.

I'm currently ranked #5, and unfortunately with this new upgrade, I cannot defeat player which have buy the Pro pack anymore. On the first release, having to beat the new shield guy was ok, still tough but possible. Now with this upgrade, snipers being limited to 2 max, but mainly those which have the new weapon (the kind of assault sniper with silencer), this really provides an edge to premium player, as this weapon is giving stronger damage, and you don't see where the person is firing from... which put the bar really high for not premium player to beat them, even if being better skilled. I guess I'll continue playing, but maybe less... Thankss that way I can complete my game :) lol. It state at many places weapon are well balanced, not pay to win, but now I'm wondering a little bit about it.

It remains a really good game, and I strongly recommend it, keep up the good work game hooper :)!

Cheers,
    Eric

5. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    if you love the game and play it so much why don't you just buy the pro upgrade?
    I bought it after only playing a couple of games :D
    I don't even play that often but it was well worth the few pound to have skirmish mode and the extra features.
    you can't expect the same full experience for free as the devs wouldn't make a living and keep supporting the game.

6. The Son of Anarchy

The Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Actually paying for the game cannot be considered pay to win. If you actually pay for the game (which is what the pro pack is) then all you are getting is the full featured game, not extra stuff that falls into the pay to win argument. Why not just shell out a few bucks (one time iap) seeing as you like the game so much to rank #5 on the leaderboards. All your problems will disappear and you'll feel good about yourself for supporting such a good game.

7. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    Thanks for the update and patch (I had lost progress as a result of bug, but didn't have much)

Think I have a bug... In training for boosters, im unable to set the focus point for sniper, (second move after assault sent out with armour) ... So execute unavailable, have to quit out.

8. dontonka

Sep 23, 2014
    Montreal, Canada
    @sexy pirate / @son of anarchy: you guys are totally right :).

9. Sexy Pirate

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    Getting really sick now, people just keep disconnecting and I don't get any gold or wins for it :mad:
    Please award us with both the win and some gold if the other person disconnects or there's no point playing online because people are just leaving if there losing and it's not very fair.

10. GameHopper

Apr 16, 2015
    Update

Hey guys,

we were super stressed getting out a new update within 24hrs and hopefully things are working. Let us know via our forums, emailing our community manager [email protected] or PMing me if you have any further stat issues.

The game NOT Pay to Win as there should be a counter to everything and has been carefully designed around that. The hard counter to a Shield is a frag grenade :). Limiting to at max 2 snipers might not be a final decision but something we are testing. I think it's a net benefit as it allows newer players to not be instantly killed and opens up new avenues of play.

Regarding forfeits/quits: We will be addressing that more harshly in the next update so stay tuned. If you get a kill in a game and the opponent quits you should at least get a trophy. We will add some gold to that too.

also, email [email protected] if you have lost gold/weapons.

thanks

11. GameHopper

Apr 16, 2015
    It also says to give armor to the Sniper. Did you do that?

12. skoptic

Apr 3, 2015
    Thanks for reply, actually it was muppet user error on the focus .... Sorry!

13. dontonka

Sep 23, 2014
    Montreal, Canada
    Thanks for the grenade hint, indeed that make the work :). Yeah agreed, at some points it's hard to get the trophy as player can Forfeit at any point, and your hard work for winning is not rewarded, only win a +1 stat, but only trophy count for the ranking :). It's hard to draw the line, but I would maybe do the following:

After a certain time elapsed in a match, Forfeit is disabled. Because getting to the end of a match, and the player calling a Forfeit, is cheap, just so you don't get the trophy, but I did it couple of time myself, but felting bad :) lol. Now player can still force quit the app to get around this too, when this happen, you should give at least 1 trophy for the player that didn't leave IF he was actually winning the match (by the number of remaining player only?).

Stressed, I totally understand :) lol. good luck.

Cheers,
    Eric

14. scottsoapbox

scottsoapbox Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Loving this game, but it desperately needs pinch to zoom (in & out).

15. GameHopper

Apr 16, 2015
    We will try to add this in in the coming update. Lots of requests for this.

Thanks!

16. skoptic

Apr 3, 2015
    Yeah zoom out specifically is a major drawback... If this was added it would be awesome :)

17. Sexy Pirate

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    Any news on the update? I miss playing this but until your awarded the win for people quiting there's no point trying to play online.

18. GameHopper

Apr 16, 2015
    BIG Content Update #2 OUT NOW

We listened and improved and added lots of great stuff :)

Specifically from here:

- PINCH TO ZOOM is added for smaller screens
    - Proper forfeit and disconnect handling
    - Part I of Campaign is now FREE
    - Part III has been added for PRO Pack Players FREE
    - 30K of GOLD has been added to PRO Pack Players FREE

details:

-=New Features=-

- ***Campaign + Survival Part 1 is now FREE for all players***
    - Campaign Part III is added FREE for PRO PACK #1 players (New Assassination Type Missions!)
    - Survival for STO_GALLERY + FY_ICEWORLD is added FREE for PRO PACK #1 players
    - 30K of GOLD is deposited to all PRO PACK #1 players
    - new ELITE SMG: P90
    - PINCH TO ZOOM for iPhone 4S + iPhone5 screen sizes
    - new chat messages
    - chat messages enabled at end of the game (viewing scoreboard)
    - new Prestige Levels up to VIII

-= Fixes =-
    - New back-end network protocol for high quality connections
    - Forfeits are treated as FULL WINS for the winner (trophies + GOLD)
    - Proper disconnect detection: if you close the app or device mid game it's treated as a loss + disconnect
    - Disconnect counter showing how many disconnects you have
    - Fixed broken Friends Leaderboard
    - iCloud fixes that broke in last update

19. Sonox

Sonox New Member

Sep 14, 2015
    I am amazed about this update!!!
    I quickly got the new smg when I had my gold, but one con of it is I can't review version 6 replays anymore TT_TT

I enjoyed watching my battles over and over again, especially two against a top 20 player.
    I even stored them on 'Everyplay'
    https://everyplay.com/videos/20760303
    https://everyplay.com/videos/20760580

Why wasn't the 'pinch and zoom' option added towards iPhone 6 and ipads?

20. GameHopper

Apr 16, 2015
    Unfortunately it's way too much software maintenance to keep backwards compatibility on replays as there's lots of changes between updates such as gun tuning and gameplay tuning that it won't replay properly. It's good to record to video if you want to watch your kick ass replays later on :)

pinch to zoom was added only for smaller screens because it doesn't seem needed for larger screens as it's an added complication to the controls. We can revisit this decision if there's enough need to add it for larger screens.

enjoy!