iPad Still on the Fence about CozyQuest or never heard of it??

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by blk04a4, Apr 30, 2009.

1. blk04a4

blk04a4 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    xray tech
    bay area cali
    CozyQuest is a new MMORPG released last Friday by accident. If you are into the imob, imafia, undead live games then u will love this! there are no stupid codes to spam, just questing, getting loot, and enjoying the company of your fellow CQ'ers in the general chat room.
    Of all the games i have played on the app store i have never come across a game where the developer sits in the chat room every now and then and listens to your suggestions. if the suggestion is a very good one you will see it implemented/changed usually immediately. Like i said earlier this game was released earlier than expected and the dev has been working non-stop making this the best iphone gaming experience i have encounterd thusfar.
    There has been a review written on this already, but i just wanted to get those people that still havent taken the plunge to do it!! or simply just to inform people about the game!!

2. Stykman

Stykman Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Beta Tester, Student
    United States
    this is by far the Best MMO on the app store and the dev works hard to make his game the best it can be

he makes daily updates to the game for free
    and they are ingame updates so there is no need to submit to the app store

i recommend just ask candy :)

3. dayna

dayna Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    Plus, it's fun. Way better than any of the iMob games (or any of the derivatives).

4. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    never heard of it.... :(

5. iFonePhanatic

iFonePhanatic Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Student
    USA
    Same here...

6. Stykman

Feb 6, 2009
    Beta Tester, Student
    United States
    well heres a link

BEST MMO FOR THE IPHONE

5$ but its totally worth it

7. iFonePhanatic

Mar 22, 2009
    Student
    USA
    What did you mean "by accident"

8. Stykman

Feb 6, 2009
    Beta Tester, Student
    United States
    hey means the dev didnt mean to submit it but submitted it to apple by accident

9. ksl2006

ksl2006 Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Gamer
    Planet Earth
    5 dollars is quite too much for me X.x

10. iFonePhanatic

Mar 22, 2009
    Student
    USA
    Oh, that's what I thought. So the dev just decided to leave it because it was a success?

11. Stykman

Feb 6, 2009
    Beta Tester, Student
    United States
    well hes making up for it by doing daily ingame updates he is constantly adding things and fixing bugs at the same time

ksl yes 5$ may be alot but it is worth it

12. AchillesReborn

AchillesReborn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    #12 AchillesReborn, Apr 30, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2009
    I think he means the dev submitted it to apple early by mistake, not that the dev hadn't intended to release it at all! This game looks interesting, but I don't like games where the number one player is the person with the most free time to spend boosting stats etc.

13. ksl2006

ksl2006 Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Gamer
    Planet Earth
    I meant I don't have the money xD

14. yankjenets

yankjenets Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    Honestly, I'd much rather be playing something like iMafia or RageSpace. In this game, all you do is spam "attack" to level up and the only time-based/limiting actions are the "skills," which, as someone said above, means who ever has the most free time moves to the top. There is no strategy involved at all.

15. blk04a4

blk04a4 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    xray tech
    bay area cali
    #15 blk04a4, Apr 30, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2009
    plz dont post about something u have very little info about, ty,
    there is a lot of time spamming atk, but theres alos lots of other things you can do, there is an auction house you can put all your rare things up for others to buy, there is an in-game chatroom where u can just chill and talk to everyone! there are guilds, the dev is planning on adding grouping with others to do quests etc.

all the people asking about the accidental release... the dev sumbmitted it but there was miscommunication between apple and the dev, it was supposed to come out in a couple days. the dev has been working lamost non-stop to keep us all happy!! this is the best dev ever!

my ingame name is DvEight btw guys!!

16. yankjenets

yankjenets Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    If you want others to take you seriously, please use correct grammar/spelling. Now, you use the auction house as a counterexample to all of the "spamming" I claim there is. Okay, now how do you get gold in order to buy things from the auction house? Oh, you can repeat the quests an infinite number of times to get gold and xp. Now, if there was a penalty for dying, then the infinitely-renewable quests could make sense. However, as it is now, you respawn with 20 health and there is no penalty. You can then go back to finding a berry or killing a monster or whatever the quest was 1000 more times. If this is your idea of fun, then be my guest and play this game. If you want a game with strategy, I suggest UniWar or RageSpace.

17. s0mah

s0mah Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    failing PHY tests
    little town of bethlehem
    This game has a long way to go, and atm is pretty meh.

As it is, Cozyquest plays like a clipped version of LoRD. You grind and you grind, and every 5 minutes you hit your trade skill button. Then you go back to grinding and see this msg 5000 times:

You have tripped over a rock! Lose 2 endurance for 20 rounds! You have tripped over a rock! Lose 2 endurance for 20 rounds! You have tripped over a rock! Lose 2 endurance for 20 rounds! You have tripped over a rock! Lose 2 endurance for 20 rounds! You have tripped over a rock! Lose 2 endurance for 20 rounds! You have tripped over a rock! Lose 2 endurance for 20 rounds! You have tripped over a rock! Lose 2 endurance for 20 rounds! You have tripped over a rock! Lose 2 endurance for 20 rounds! You have tripped over a rock! Lose 2 endurance for 20 rounds! You have tripped over a rock! Lose 2 endurance for 20 rounds!

Sometimes though, it's spiders that eat your dexterity or whatever.

The art style is pretty awesome, but you rarely see any of it because of the tremendous amount of lag. You'll probably kill whatever you are fighting before the image manages to pop.

Speaking of lag, it's horrible. Not only does this drag the game down, but it makes item duplication possible. wowowowowow

For those interested in classes and skills, you might be disappointed. Each class has roughly 2 abilities which skill up via consumables.

The classes are unbalanced, with warriors out powering everyone. There is no PVP so that is really a nonissue, I suppose.

Races seem to be a novelty atm, as they don't seem to influence skills or stat points.

The dev's have are working to fix some of the problems that I have mentioned, but this game is really not worth $5 for now. If the devs can't get a handle on the lag, the game will never be worth that price tbh.

Especially with duping/exp glitching being so easy.

I will admit that it seems better than all that iMob shit (I've never played any of that code based garbage though).

Anyways, jusitfy away CozyQuest fanboys.

18. Stykman

Feb 6, 2009
    Beta Tester, Student
    United States
    this game is very different than the other MMOs

1. There are no respect points to buy
    2. No stupid long ass codes
    3.no rankings
    4.has chat !!!
    5.I actually play it
    6. The dev is active in improving the game

19. Lovelyman

Lovelyman Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    I don't like MMORPGs but for those who do it looks well made.

20. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    Not to be missed!

CozyQuest is THE BEST MMORPG in the app store! The daily growth of this game is amazing! The community we have is super, we got the Salty Siren chat room, we have Guilds now, we have an Auction house where players can buy/sell, we have Quests that are good and new ones are added on a regular basis!

Right now CQ is set in the city of Felrona but Nils will add even more cities in the future so that will be totally kick ass!!

The stats, experience and powers of your character are growing daily and are awesome. Critical Strike has been just added for Warriors plus Mages have had some changes and Priests have too I believe.

This is actually a REAL Massively Multiplayer game and it's literally getting bigger by the day. Look in the chat room if you get this game and see how popular it is, The Travelers of Eluna Guild that DonBurns heads and I am in already has over 150 members!

If you are interested, BUY IT!