iPad Stickwars *UPDATED*

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Arland, Apr 20, 2009.

1. Arland

Arland Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Version 1.1 includes:

What's new

- Game is now called 'StickWars'.
    - Adjustable difficulty levels.
    - Adjustable amounts of blood.
    - Online high-score rankings.
    - Bug fixes.
    - Interface improvements.
    - Archer upkeep halved.
    - Added wizards and repairmen.
    - Decreased shake sensitivity for bombers. Also added option to disable shake to release bomber.
    - Added a button on screen to release a bomber.
    - New enemy! The Siege Engine is immune to your finger and must be killed by a bomb, a meteor, or archers.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

http://appshopper.com/link/stickwars-siege

Looks pretty sweet right?

2. Ph4ntom4

Ph4ntom4 Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    So this is the game that got taken off the app store because it was a clone of 'Defend Your Castle', and this is the update that changed the graphics and made it different enough to put it back up for sale? Or was that a different game.

In any case, it looks really nice and for 59p i'm very tempted but might wait for some reviews first.

3. jFND

jFND Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Fun game, but my thumb gets sore from flicking the stickmen out of the screen for 45 minutes.

4. Rexinator

Rexinator Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    This is an awesome game for 99c. I saw this morning that there was a new game on the US top 50 and picked it up right away. If you usually don't like this sort of game though, I wouldn't get it. I don't know how you couldn't like it though!

5. Chumbake

Chumbake Well-Known Member

This game is really fun and I definitely recommend it. I've put hours into it already.

@Ph4ntom4: From what I hear this game was not pulled because it was a clone, but because the developer wanted to improve it before it got bad reviews.

6. you scared me thought 1.2 update was out. 1.1 has been out for a bit now. Fun little game.

7. Spiral75

Spiral75 Well-Known Member

I never thought to purchase this game. But today I just figured what the heck. And I gotta admit...I love it!! Its like a mix between so many different types of games. And .99 cents you cant go wrong

8. Ph4ntom4

Ph4ntom4 Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    Is there a good video of this? I saw a video of Defend Your Castle and can't decide between them.

9. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    hmmm......... this looks fun

10. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    LOL, I have to admit, I thought it looked boring until I saw the blood. That made it seem so much more interesting for some reason.

11. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    So, anyone have an opinion on which is better, Defend Your Castle or this?

12. mek

mek Well-Known Member

just picked this up, looks good, tried it once and got to level 8, plan on playing some more in a lil bit

since i haven't gotten the Archers and all that yet, are there more than one way to kill them besides flicking them up and killing them with gravity?

13. jchampl

jchampl Well-Known Member

well the bombs, archers, and such will kill them as well

14. crimson.

crimson. Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    I don't have one...
    In AMERICA.
    This is better and cheaper.

15. Seishu

Seishu Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Student
    us of a
    This is so much better. Cheaper, polished, better looking, fun. Defend your castles is just a wiiware/DS port and the graphics are messed up along with the stick figures with buttons for heads.

16. Arrested_Development

Apr 21, 2009
  17. soccerstud652

soccerstud652 Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    I'm glad I bought this game when it first came out. The update makes it a completely revamped experience.

18. Arland

Arland Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    So true Defend your castle looks awful, this one is soooo fun can't put it down

19. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Wow it looks WAY better than before. Good job!

20. Rexinator

Rexinator Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    I personally think that this is better for several reasons. Its simplicity, that may not be a good thing for some people but I think that it adds to the attraction of the game. Price, Wooohooo you save 99c go buy pocket god! Graphics, some people may like the graphics style in Defend your Castle better but I like these better personally. Hope that helps you choose!