Universal Stickman Tennis 2015 (by Djinnworks)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Mar 5, 2015.

1. heikPhone

heikPhone Well-Known Member
    Patreon Top Tier

Sep 5, 2010
    Players diving for the ball... now on todo list!

2. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    Game Impressions

This is a pretty amazing little tennis game. It's hard to be believe how well it replicated the real thing on a iPhone screen.

3. robertsze

robertsze Well-Known Member
    Patreon Top Tier

Oct 20, 2009
    Thanks for all your feedback. We just submitted an update for iOS and released the update on Android already containing fixes as you suggested:

- Adjusted speed when playing with your own player
    - Adjusted tolerance based on good/perfect shots
    - Added tutorial tips if buttons are pressed too short or too late
    - A lot of more minor improvements

If you find anything else which should be addressed please let us know. We prepare the next update already.

4. heikPhone

Patreon Top Tier

Sep 5, 2010
    Thank you, glad you like it!

5. Samulaan

Samulaan Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2011
    Bali
    Been playing this on and off but can't seem to get into it too much. The player seems to have only one speed, so u can't have this little sprints from one end of the field to the other. It would be nice if you hold the e control all the way to one side that he bursts into that direction and when you quickly press the opposite direction he would burst in said direction.

I would also like to see where the ball is gonna land right before you hit as to fine tune the position u want your opponent to run to. Maybe in tutorial only but it would be nice to see how much of an effect you are expressing with the controls given. In this regard I would change the serve completely and use some sort of timed button but with a visual, both in accuracy and strength. Ideally would be a way to place the ball right where you want it exactly.

I know this is not virtual tennis and it is a valiant effort, it just feels not to be too much of a strategy as much as a gamble.

6. Mikiesque

Mikiesque Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2013
    Recycled gameplay for many years now over and over starting with Tennis Tour which was breath of fresh air at the time.

I wish you start taking the gameplay a bit further rather than updating graphics only. Potential is there but can't escape a feeling of 'been there done that' many times already.

Unlike some people here I actually paid for the game rather than asking for a code in a hope you put more effort into the gameplay in the next iteration.

Good luck!

7. heikPhone

Patreon Top Tier

Sep 5, 2010
    #47 heikPhone, Mar 25, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
  8. heikPhone

Patreon Top Tier

Sep 5, 2010
    Ball landing prediction.. definitely will try this, would be at least good to try this when playing with ball machine. Really like that idea.
    For the rest, I will bring it in to our next discussion about game updates and improvements, thank you very much for really helpful feedback!

9. Samulaan

Samulaan Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2011
    Bali
    Ball landing prediction sounds about right. Not sure how to convey the concept into words but I think u understand what I meant. I`m downloading the new build as we speak and look forward playing some more :)

10. bluewomble88

bluewomble88 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    I think there should be a change to the way the player reacts to balls that are going out. If I press a button to strike the ball, my player won't do it if the ball is going out. That seems really stupid to me as it removes the possibility of playing a shot that you didn't need to.

I'd also like to see incorrect calls made and challenges to see if it was right or not.

11. heikPhone

Patreon Top Tier

Sep 5, 2010
    Thank you for the feedback, we will change that, so that a player can decide by himself if he hits a ball or not. At least at easy level we could leave it as it is now, what you think?
    Incorrect calls and challenges... noted!

12. bluewomble88

Nov 8, 2009
    With the incorrect calls idea - it's important to implement it scarcely. Make it only happen occasionally when a fast serve is played and it lands very close to or on the line. You'd have to remove the little marker that shows where it touched the surface though otherwise it's a pointless feature.

13. Stephan0711

Stephan0711 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    I love to play games on my ios devices. I also love to play tennis in the real world. If you still have promo codes could you PM me one please? I've been dying to play your game ever since I seen the trailer! I really like the characters in the game and the Gameplay. Thanks in advance!!

14. orton1227

orton1227 Active Member

Nov 14, 2013
    I think I'm done with this one. Going back to stickman hockey. Just never could get the timing down. I played easily over 100 games and won about 3. If there ever were an option for a more arcade hitting system, I'd be interested. I remember when the tennis games on the PS3 went to this system (pressing the button after the bounce at the appropriate height) and couldn't ever get those down either. Still love the stickman sports franchise. Hopefully baseball is next.

15. bluewomble88

Nov 8, 2009
    Try pressing and holding down the button after the AI hits the ball. Your guy will automatically run to the right spot. Just release the button when the ball reaches you.

16. heikPhone

Patreon Top Tier

Sep 5, 2010
    #56 heikPhone, Apr 3, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
    Added couple of promo codes in the appropriate forum...

17. heikPhone

Patreon Top Tier

Sep 5, 2010
    Incorrect calls

Definitely, thought the referee should also have the power to overrule a decision.

18. kipbuis

kipbuis Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2013
    It's very hard to win even in easy level

19. heikPhone

Patreon Top Tier

Sep 5, 2010
    Timing

Dear Orton,
    have you tried following: When the opponent hits the ball, just run to that direction where the ball is heading, then shortly after you have started running, press the shoot button (top spin or slice) and then when the ball is in short distance in front of your player release the shoot button.

20. heikPhone

Patreon Top Tier

Sep 5, 2010
    New promo codes

I have added some more promo codes in the appropriate thread!