Universal Stickman Tennis 2015 (by Djinnworks)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Mar 5, 2015.

1. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Where are the female players???

2. kopicha

kopicha Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    I started at easy

3. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Playing on easy as well. I tried auto run, and it does make the game easier since the computer is predicting movement on the court. One thing I'd like to see with auto movement is the ability to move your player on the service line. There's some angle serves I like, but because stickman can't move on the service line, I lose that angle for an advantageous serve. Otherwise, auto run is very accessible for progressing #

4. heikPhone

heikPhone Well-Known Member
    Patreon Top Tier

Sep 5, 2010
    Female players... noted for an update

5. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    How much does this differ from last years Stickman Tennis?

6. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    Said to b a complete departure. I have this, never played the first. I can say tht this is the funniest most realistic iOS tennis I've played albeit a stickman game. Lol. Great game indeed. I give it 5 and I'm no fan of stickman games in general.

7. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    Didn't try auto run. Seem to be doing fine without the assist. Atm.

8. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    I mean honestly, Maria sharapova is the reason I watch tennis, seriously.

9. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Loved the first one! Hmm, don't see much differce though.

10. heikPhone

Patreon Top Tier

Sep 5, 2010
    Hi, thank you for the nice feedback. Sorry Maria isn't onboard, but we'll think about how to add female players!

11. heikPhone

Patreon Top Tier

Sep 5, 2010
    In Stickman Tennis 2015 you can play your own character, name it, customize it and upgrade it by playing tournaments. Besides that all graphics have been redesigned, new tournaments and seasons have been added and lots of details have been improved.

Do you want a code to try it?

12. robertsze

robertsze Well-Known Member
    Patreon Top Tier

Oct 20, 2009
    We have a new update ready which covers most of such issues. One thing which would still interest me... When do you actually press to shot buttons? Pressing it as soon as possible is the way to go, release the button when you want to make your shoot. Maybe you try to press the button at the exact moment you want to hit the ball? This may then be too late already. The way its implemented internally is that you will definitely hit the ball if you press the shot button early enough (e.g. while still running to the ball).

13. Jim Shorts

Jim Shorts Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2014
    Virginia
    #33 Jim Shorts, Mar 14, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2015
    Thanks again fellas for the code. I'm leaving a review at the app store.

My impressions so far is that this really sticks to the mechanics of some of thebest tennis video games I've played. It starts off sort of hard but gives experience to upgrade your stickman for every session played. So you'll start off playing sort of poorly, it will feel like the controls are stiff, but you've got to take in a few losses before your player gets better.

In some previous tennis titles that I've played on other systems, you level up your character by playing mini-games... some really fun to just okay... this has you sticking to the gameplay and points are doled out by winning points against the ai.

The various courts play pretty true, and the differences are noticeable, as in you can tell your playing on a clay court or a grass court.

Use your circular movement control wisely, not just to move your character, but to position the direction of where you want to hit the ball on release.

hould have multiplayer. It's a shame it doesn't.

To sum it all up, it's just good fun, and really well done. Great job Djinnworks... I may have to try out stickman basketball next.

14. kopicha

kopicha Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2015
    IT

I have a complete similar thought as you in your review. Everything you said are what exact I felt about the game. +1 to you on that. Ironically I also had the same thinking as you about next up to try the basketball lol :D

15. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Since there has been a bit of feedback, I ca only attest to them. A great game, just as the first, with better animation and challenge to boot. What I like about it the most, is how the game plays just like the old NES classic, Tennis. Brings back old, fond memories of long hours of fun.

The career mode is a wonderful addition and a welcome added longevity to a great game, great job devs!

16. heikPhone

Patreon Top Tier

Sep 5, 2010
    Thank you very much for the nice words! Multiplayer... we have it on our todo-list!

17. heikPhone

Patreon Top Tier

Sep 5, 2010
    Thank you, really good to hear that!

18. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Good game, more of a simulation than an arcade game as it's easy to make a foul if you don't pay attention, the game is really hard tho, I can't beat my opponent in the quick match to unlock the game modes, and I am not a novice when it comes to sports games.

19. bluewomble88

bluewomble88 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    This looks fun. I'm still waiting for a game that scratches the "Super Tennis" itch from the SNES days. I wonder if this is it!?

20. bluewomble88

bluewomble88 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    This game is very impressive so far. Very impressive.
    It just needs one addition though - players diving for the ball. If this is added properly then I will leave a 5 star review on iTunes immediately.