Stickman Battlefields - by Djinnworks [BETA TESTERS WANTED]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by robertsze, Feb 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robertsze

robertsze Well-Known Member
    Patreon Top Tier

Oct 20, 2009
    Time for another development blog video, dynamics:

Have fun watching and a nice day!

2. robertsze

Patreon Top Tier

Oct 20, 2009
    Blog Video #11, Dynamics, Lights, Particles, Wind and Weather:

3. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    This looks like great fun. I like how you have managed to incorporate the background into the gameplay by making the trees fall down etc. Does the wind effect bullets?

4. robertsze

Patreon Top Tier

Oct 20, 2009
    Although explosions will affect bullets (e.g. an explosion near a flying grenade will change the trajectory of it), wind will not affect them. I will think about this, but I fear that this might be too confusing for the casual player...

5. robertsze

Patreon Top Tier

Oct 20, 2009
    2nd preview trailer now available, hope you enjoy it!

6. robertsze

Patreon Top Tier

Oct 20, 2009
    Damn! The Stickman Battlefields intelligence was just hacked and secret technical documentation has been leaked!

[​IMG]

7. robertsze

Patreon Top Tier

Oct 20, 2009
    #27 robertsze, Jun 19, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
    We will soon start an preview alpha test using a WebGL build running inside your browser. If you want to participate please sign up to our newsletter to get early information once test build is live. (We have around 5000 registered testers already, but the more the better, especially for the multiplayer mode)

Subscribe for alpha/beta test:
    http://www.stickman-battlefields.com

8. jdawg101

jdawg101 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2015
    I have some questions first of all is the beta testing for the iPad too.second is this game gonna be a premium or freemium.third will the game come out for mobile devices first or Pc/Mac first.those are just some questions about the game

9. robertsze

Patreon Top Tier

Oct 20, 2009
    We have a staged alpha/beta/release schedule for Stickman Battlefields. Right now its already possible to play an early beta as Web/PC Version. Once we are satisfied with the Web/PC version we will roll out the mobile and standalone beta version. (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, MacOS). The mobile version will of course support the iPad too. Regarding the final price, Stickman Battlefields will be a freemium title. Once we release the final version we will release on all platforms at the same time. (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, MacOS and a Web Demo). Multiplayer will work across different platforms as long as they have the same input mechanics (e.g. touch vs. touch devices, keyboard/mouse vs. keyboard/mouse devices only.)

10. jdawg101

Jan 18, 2015
    Another question just popped up into my head what kind of customization options will there be also I think it would be cool for all the beta users to have a beta tester weapon skin/beta tester killsign/beta tester weapon pretty much anything that will tell people we helped test out the game.

11. Cerxop65

Cerxop65 Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
  12. robertsze

Patreon Top Tier

Oct 20, 2009
    #32 robertsze, Jun 22, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
  13. jdawg101

Jan 18, 2015
    I tried out the beta on my laptop and my review is that it's pretty good so far the only flaws I know about currently are the tank makes a horrible noise,we need to be able to pick up enemy weapons,full screen does not work properly(this one is about the beta itself not the game.),and finally I know you said the game is going to be a freemium but the energy bar is something I hate a lot even though it does not affect the beta I know it will affect my gameplay when I play the full game so there are two solutions to this 1,Take off the energy bar completely or 2,make two versions of this game a premium version that cost money and a fremium version that is free you could even put those two in the same game and make the premium option an in app purchase or you could make them separate but make their multiplayer go cross platform between the two apps.I guess it could also be like battefield where you earn weapons be playing and leveling up and how there are battle packs to get skins,upgrades,and so boosts.Another option is to do it like how modern combat 5 did it where the people who paid for the game got some extra stuff like no energy,Xp boosts,skins,and etc .where as the people who got the game for free got a energy bar and started with nothing special.Those are some ways to help improve the game for those people that hate fremium and would rather pay money for a premium experience while at the same time catering to those people who would rather have a freemium experience and not pay money than pay money and have a premium experience.This is the end of my review.

14. robertsze

Patreon Top Tier

Oct 20, 2009
    Thank you very much for the feedback.

The quality of the Tank sound (and indeed a few other sounds) are known issues with the WebGL version because of a few bugs in the audio DSP processing for WebGL. On mobile the sounds work fine already, for WebGL this will get fixed "automatically" once the WebGL backend is fixed.

Regarding the energy bar... We completely understand your concerns and are actively investigating possible monetization options for this title. There will definitely be a version without energy (either a complete unique paid premium version or a in-app to remove it completely). Indeed, its possible to complete disable the energy system already. (The WebGL build has it disabled but we forgot to remove a few icons and references to it). Anyway, thank you for your suggestions, we will think about them. Overall we are still trying to strike the perfect balance between premium and freemium.

On a side note, a new version has just been uploaded with a new test mission (Factory) with new enemies (Enemies carrying AT4, M32, M2010, Grenades, etcÂ…)

15. robertsze

Patreon Top Tier

Oct 20, 2009
    #35 robertsze, Aug 21, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
    Hi guys,

Stickman Battlefields - Early Access version will soon be available for a selected group of people. We will release soon on Android, but just in a few selected countries. We would ask you to let us know in which country you are located in (if you are interested in playing Stickman Battlefields that is) so we can decide on the list for the first countries to make Stickman Battlefields available for! You can reply here, PM or mail us.

The lastest multiplayer trailer and a few updated screen:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. robertsze

Patreon Top Tier

Oct 20, 2009
  17. jdawg101

Jan 18, 2015
    How come there are 2 stickmen battlefield threads?