Universal Steredenn (by Pixelnest Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, May 11, 2017.

1. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    #81 LordShad0wz, May 15, 2017
    Last edited: May 15, 2017
    Here's the 5 star review I left on the AppStore-

Wow! This game is an AMAZING arcade shooter! Hands down it's one of my favorite game of 2017!! I'm not even using a controller just on screen controls which are customizable. The artwork, sounds, and music are FANTASTIC!! It really gets you pumped while playing. The replay ability of this game is incredible. There are awesome bosses at the end of each level and you get repairs and rewards to choose from after defeating them. There are so many weapon choices with their own unique style as well as perks. The levels are also randomized to an extent. The game is difficult but that's a good thing in an arcade shooter. I haven't experienced ANY technical issues on my IPhone 6s+ running iOS 10.3.1 and the game looks and plays amazingly on this screen. This game is also a full PREMIUM experience and is well worth its price!! Thank you devs for a GREAT GAME and a great arcade shooter experience. You've made a fan out of me!!!

It should show up by tonight or tomorrow morning. I just left it. I wanted to give the game a few hours of play time. I really cannot say enough good things about this game. It's really that damn good. I posted a score to twitter as well. I got my ass handed to me in level 3 hehe.

Billy

2. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    love your impressions Billy! this game looks amazing just bought and can't wait to get off work and play it

3. Draven2222

Draven2222 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2013
    MFI Support

This MFi Controller working on iPhone but not on iPad.. is nothing to do with different MFi Controller brands.
    The bug is when you build for iPad or iPhone it is specifically related to the software you use to create the game.
    For example,., the game "The Bug Butcher" has exactly the same bug.. and I am betting it was built using the same software.

4. Jetjet

Jetjet Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    Cocorico ! French Touch !

Hope a big success for this indie game !

5. Wicked8146

Wicked8146 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    Can someone help? I can't see any of my scores. When I click scores the GameCenter leaderboard pops up and it is empty. Where am I supposed to see my scores? I don't mean daily run scores, I mean any scores at all.

6. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

I don't know what iOS is in its current state, but maybe you haven't logged in? I'm currently running iOS 9.3.3 and my highscore as well as one of my friends' who also plays the game (his iPhone is on 10.3.1) is showing up properly.

Btw, my internet connection sucks, so I'd discard that possibility in your case. #

Ps: There are some insane highscores.

Attached Files:

7. Jean pierre

Jean pierre Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2017
    Bon, allez, sans déconner, c'est pour quand IOS 9 ?

8. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

Le développeur a dit qu'il verra s'il est possible de le faire. (Google translate).

9. Jean pierre

Jean pierre Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2017
    oh, sorry, I didn't realize I posted in French.

10. Wicked8146

Wicked8146 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    Thanks Sebgo. I am on iOS 10.3.2 and I am logged in to Game Center. Still no scores show up.

11. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    My best score so far is 1.1 mil which was good enough for 25th place a couple nights ago but I'm glad to see I've since been dropped down to 39th! I earned that score pretty much just using the laser so I guess that's my new favourite weapon. Excellent game.

12. Jetjet

Jetjet Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    Ah ah hello camarade !

13. DamStraight19

DamStraight19 Member

Jun 6, 2016
    Hello!

I had a question that may or may not be stupid: how do you switch weapons in the arena mode, or choose which boss to fight? I can't seem to figure it out myself #

Thanks!

14. paulmeyers

paulmeyers Active Member
    Patreon Bronze

Sep 30, 2012
    This game is so much fun! Any thoughts on an AppleTV version?

15. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    I sat down and played the PC version again in between playing on iOS and I quickly realized how similar the difficulty was. Maybe because of practicing on PC first would explain why I'm having a bit of an easier time on mobile. Then it dawned on me, this is one tough and badass game. Only a couple others come to mind for me, Enter The Gungeon & Nuclear Throne. Different genres sure. But sub-genre definitely. The difficulty combined with the rewards of level progression really shined a light for me.

However Steredenn is very much it's own shmup not jumping in the dual-stick game whatsoever. A modern take on the retro 2D scroller shoot-em-up. And I would say more but I can't put the game down. I love playing it wherever whenever I want.

Major kudos to the developers and anyone else involved in putting this masterpiece together.

16. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Heck yes! AppleTv would be amazing!
    Dev, any word yet on the MFI ipad fix?

17. Valryon

Valryon Member

May 12, 2017
    Pixelnest Studio dev
    Hey!
    Yes, MFI iPad fix is ready.
    What is taking some time is the online dailyrun, I'm close to getting it working, maybe tonight or tomorrow.

We'll think about AppleTV after that. :)

About difficulty: bullets are slightly slower on iOS than on PC, on purpose (it's not a performance issue).

Arenas: we simplified the arena on mobile to make it the "I have 3 min to kill" game mode. Launch the game, launch arena, get a random boss and random weapons and beat it!

Damien

18. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014

Attached Files:

19. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    Thanks very much for the clarifications Damien. This is one of those few games that will never leave my devices. If I didnt have to get ready for work now I'd be playing it.

Maybe I can be a few mins late from getting to work early. #

20. leogodoy

leogodoy Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2010
    Journalist
    SP
    It has been a while since a game hasn't caught my attention for such a long time like this has. Here's hoping for a long life to this.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk