Universal Steredenn (by Pixelnest Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, May 11, 2017.

1. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Damn, you're right. That's one hell of a list of positives for one game. I think you just helped me make a decision :D.

2. shfrost

shfrost Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    My Exhaustive Review

#Awesome!#

3. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I was able to get this and it does not have mfi support

4. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    This game is really great.
    But to be honest it makes me miss Infinite Cosmos

5. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

Well, it seems someone's Nimbus was working on a previous message. So, either your controller doesn't work or you're just assuming it doesn't support MFi because you didn't find anything related to it under game settings.

Still even if it doesn't have MFi support it's still a pretty solid shmup according to a friend who's already playing it on his iPh6S via touch input.

6. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Seeing your question after my earlier post implies that you don't have experienced relative touch controls before?
    If so, check out any of Cave Co. Ltd.'s free games or Bullet Hell Monday to get a taste.

7. geoelectric

geoelectric Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    When you hit play it shows you controls with a note that a gamepad would be best. I just tried my Nimbus and it worked fine. I'll try my CTRLi later when I run across it.

8. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Really? Could you also control the shooting? It seems like some things work but not shooting and other things. I'm using the stratus xl

9. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Excellent game! 5 stars!

10. shfrost

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    Shooting does not work with my SteelSeries Nimbus. The "A" button works once from the splash screen, but after that, only the joystick works to scroll through Menu selections. Can't select anything with buttons though. I sincerely hope this will be fixed. Touch controls are excellent but... you know...

11. Danigarcia75

Danigarcia75 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Same happens here with my Nimbus, only left stick works. I suppose it will be fixed but for the moment I'm disappointed because I bought the game based on comments here that it works fine.

12. shfrost

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    Dev? Dev? Help, please?

13. 9x16

9x16 Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2015
    EST/EDT
    It was actually about the button mapping. For others who primarily stick to the forums like I do, Carter Dotson answered my question with: "Steredenn has a control system that manages to adapt what seemingly requires three buttons on a controller well to a touchscreen. Double-tapping to pick up weapons, and swiping to change weapons works rather well."

14. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

#34 sebgo, May 12, 2017
    Last edited: May 12, 2017
    Works perfect (so far) on iOS 9.3.3 (Force-Installed it). I will check on MFi when I get home because I'm currently at work.

Left zone of the screen is for moving your ship around. Movement via relative touch is spot-on, I dare to say it's par to DoDonPachi or Bug Princess games. Double tap on the right side of the screen when your ship is close to weapon modules to grab them (up to 2 different weapons at a time). Hold/Tap the right side of the screen to shoot your current weapon. Slide up on the right side of the screen to switch weapons.

Controls are great so far, I don't even think MFi is a must for this game (Pretty much like Cave Co.'s games).

I couldn't check music or sfx because I gave it a try at work...

But my impressions so far are totally positive.

I-M L-O-V-I-N-G I-T!!!

15. sobriquet

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    I can confirm full steelseries Nimbus controller support, including menus, on iPhone 6+, iOS 10.3.1.

Button mapping: left stick- move, A and right trigger- shoot, Y- pick up new weapons, X and B- switch weapons.

The game is really cool. I love that I'm fighting space pirates :cool:. I did already have one game crash right after the first boss, during the upgrade selection. I'm hoping it's an isolated event, I haven't read anything about crashes.

Does anyone know how to tell what a bosses health is? I haven't noticed any indicator.

16. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    As far as I can tell it's the classic "the faster it's flashing the closer it is to death"

17. sobriquet

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Thanks. I'll pay attention to that when I play again later.

18. shfrost

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    UPDATE on my issue: iPhone 6+ works ok with Nimbus but iPad Pro 12.9 does not, only left joystick, no buttons. Bummer. IOS updated to current 10.3.1

19. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    So game of the week right? The music is amazing....

20. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Spoiler alert.