Universal Stencilsmith (by Nicholas Sepi Jr.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Mj1ggy

Mj1ggy Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2012
    Will do. My secret shame is that my friend who plays has a score of 96 but he wasn't signed into Gamecenter at the time so it doesn't show.

2. Stencilsmith_Dev

Stencilsmith_Dev Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 6, 2016
    Developer
    LOL, I know for a fact a lot of others haven't signed into Game Center either. I wish they would, I think the achievements make it that much better =).

3. cbos0503

cbos0503 Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    Some people can't because of the Game Center bug.

4. Stencilsmith_Dev

Patreon Bronze

Apr 6, 2016
    Developer
    You're right cbos0503, I completely forgot that was still happening!

5. bobish

bobish Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2013
    Damn!! Took me awhile, but I'm really getting into this game! This one's been a slow burn for me. Being such a Threes! junkie, the learning curve took me longer than I expected. Once I figured out the matches, the different strategies and nuances of the game keep pulling me back. Doesn't seem like Game Center's working, but my high is only 27. I'm sure I'd just be humiliated. #

6. Stencilsmith_Dev

Patreon Bronze

Apr 6, 2016
    Developer
    Hi bobish, thanks for sticking with it! If you updated to 1.1.0 you can tap the Recipes button (the one with the +=) and see all possible combinations in the game in case you needed a reminder of what you can make. Thank you for pointing out that Stencilsmith isn't as superficial as it looks, I've had a lot of people such as yourself say that there's more to it than meets the eye and that's exactly what I was going for.

Yeah Game Center has been acting really wonky lately, especially tonight. Mine tells me I don't own ANY games which is hilariously untrue. Trust me, you don't need to feel humiliated. Some days I can't break 15 and others I'm up in the 40's. It really depends on how well you plan or how much time you want to spend playing.

Feel free to reach out if you have any other comments or questions about the game!

7. Samulaan

Samulaan Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2011
    Bali
    This game so beast, me play so much. Been playing this one a lot, high score of 49, Samulaan on GC, add me if you like. If you are into this kinda game, it's an easy recommendation.

8. Stencilsmith_Dev

Patreon Bronze

Apr 6, 2016
    Developer
    Hey Samulaan, congrats on reaching 49, so close to the level 50 achievement! Thanks for the recommendation, I definitely appreciate hearing when people are enjoying the game. Cheers!

9. yorrick

yorrick Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Sydney, Australia
    I am looking at the game in Australia and it is AUD$4.49 (USD$2.99).
    Not $0.99. What gives?

10. Stencilsmith_Dev

Patreon Bronze

Apr 6, 2016
    Developer
    Thanks for your question and interest in Stencilsmith, yorrick! $2.99 USD is the normal price for Stencilsmith. It was discounted to $0.99 USD but recently returned to normal. I don't have plans to discount it in the near future given the length of the last price cut. But I will definitely post the next price cut on the "Price Drops, Must Haves Freebies, and Deals" TA forum.

11. yorrick

yorrick Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Sydney, Australia
    No worries. I must have checked it just as it was reverting back to USD$2.99.

12. Stencilsmith_Dev

Patreon Bronze

Apr 6, 2016
    Developer
    Vote for new game modes!

Hey Everyone,

I'm working on the next update and would like to add a new game mode. I have a few ideas but not sure which to focus on right now. Any thoughts on which one you would like to see would be appreciated.

1. Survival Mode: Game starts with 3 player sword stencils with no chance of any additional to be added to the board. Survive as long as you can against only Dragon enemies which will drop chests that contain gems to continually re-enchant your swords to help keep them around.

2. Kings Guard: Similar to the classic endless mode, this game will start with a King stencil. Your quest is to keep the King alive and don't allow any enemy stencils to combine with him. If you do, it's game over!

3. Timed Mode: Play a classic endless game except you need to get to the highest level you can before time runs out. (I'm teetering on the idea of allowing certain moves or level thresholds add time to the clock but it's up for debate)

Look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Cheers,

Nick

13. CrayonWarrior

CrayonWarrior Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 9, 2014
    Great southern land

All 3 sound good, but timed mode with level thresholds adding time to the clock would be good.

14. Stencilsmith_Dev

Patreon Bronze

Apr 6, 2016
    Developer
    Thanks for the input! I wasn't too sure about the timed mode initially but I like it the more I think about how it may change a player's strategy when under the gun time-wise.

15. bobish

bobish Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2013
    Still loving this game. Don't play long sessions, but I play it at least a couple of times a day. Can't say that about too many games on my iPhone. Don't know why this hasn't gotten more love. Great, fresh spin on the tired Threes! clones.

Question. The red number tells you how many moves until an attack is coming. At least that's what I've always thought. Has anyone noticed that attacks sometimes come earlier than the number running down to 1?

16. Stencilsmith_Dev

Patreon Bronze

Apr 6, 2016
    Developer
    Hello Bobish, I appreciate hearing your thoughts. It's certainly been challenging to get the word out about Stencilsmith so hearing comments like yours is awesome!

You are correct about the number that counts down in the red box. The reason the number jumps is enemy dragons are added to the top of the queue as soon as you reach any level that's a multiple of 3 (level 3, 9, 12, etc). They get priority regardless of what you were supposed to receive next.

Hope that helps clear things up. Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions and thanks for playing!

17. Stencilsmith_Dev

Patreon Bronze

Apr 6, 2016
    Developer
    I'm giving out Stencilsmith promo codes for those TA forum members who support me on social media, take a look and thanks as always for playing!

18. Stencilsmith_Dev

Patreon Bronze

Apr 6, 2016
    Developer
    Update: still have a couple of promo codes to give out to TA forum members!

19. retr0spective

retr0spective Well-Known Member

May 24, 2011
    Riverside, CA
    I retweeted, please see PM. Thank you! This looks terrific.

20. retr0spective

retr0spective Well-Known Member

May 24, 2011
    Riverside, CA
    :) I have attached my Facebook like!

Attached Files: