Universal Stellar Wanderer (by Crescent Moon Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by JoshCM, Feb 18, 2016.

1. c0mas

c0mas Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2016
    To be fair I see no reason why this cannot be lifted a bit :) (I think there are relatively few people who got that high :) ) I'll make sure it is higher in the next update :)

space jumper likes this.
  2. space jumper

space jumper Member

Sep 12, 2020
    Male
    Wow that's good news...can't wait for it:)

c0mas likes this.
  3. c0mas

c0mas Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2016
    Well ... there are some plans to add phoba weapons (phoba uses some, but we wanted to have some ray weapons, like phasers in Star Trek).

(to be fair I have not thought about those in some while ... I kind of forgot about them :)) ) But it we can make them look cool and play nice it might a really nice addition :)

space jumper likes this.
  4. space jumper

space jumper Member

Sep 12, 2020
    Male
    Sounds great:)

So I noticed rare equipment items disappeared from the game as soon as they are stored at a place they "don't belong".
    No matter if game is saved or not items are just gone and don't come back at its original place.
    I also made a reinstallation and continued from cloud saving but this problem still exists.
    These equipment items are mostly core and high guard equipment like scanner, laser, rockets, torpedoes or battery but it is also tellur armor.
    Also scaryx and phoba artefacts disappear once you sold it.
    For some reason game "eats" this stuff.

After reinstallation I still have the freezing problem when I attack friended ships.
    I don't think it is hardware problem like lagging memory or weak processor because game never freezes in missions which is more or less the same situation with a lot of ships in combat.
    Freezing is repeatable on the one hand on the other hand sometimes I can attack friended ships without any problems.
    It happens not only when I attack cargo ships, it also happens when I attack the guard no matter in which area it is.
    It is really hard to say what is the reason for it.
    First I thought it is special type of ship but it isn't...sounds like hard work to fix it.

And a last thing I would like to be changed is mining astroids.
    In some areas mining is more or less impossible because there are too much pirate attacks which never ends...game generates a new attack as soon last pirate is killed.
    It seems as soon as you are close to astroids a pirate attack is generated so I would suggest to make a solution for it to make it possible to mine.
    This could be a special shield or something that allows you to mine without being attacked the whole time.

Of course it shouldn't be too easy to mine rare minerals but as long as you only get these from mining and not from attacking other ships it should be possible to get it somehow.
    I mean there are only a few seconds between attacks which is not enough time to mine it, that's too short to for mining.

5. space jumper

space jumper Member

Sep 12, 2020
    Male
    Screenshot_20200919-135926.png

This is a screenshot from the moment the game freezes.
    At the moment I attacked cargo ships a few bounty hunters spawn to defend the cargo ships but I think this didn't make freeze the game because it didn't freeze always in a situation like that.
    As I made the screenshot I just jumped through the gate so I restarted the game and attack again and game also freezes again...so all I could do is to don't attack the cargo ships to prevent game from freezing.

6. space jumper

space jumper Member

Sep 12, 2020
    Male
    And one more suggestion for using credits in late game.
    As you can earn endless credits but there is nothing you can buy for it I would suggest to add consumables or equipment which you can buy for credits.
    This could be armory or shield or weapons or additional slot or something like that or maybe skins for the ship.
    Or maybe there could be an option to offer an amount of credits at base market and you can get an equipment item for it...something like that what makes player keeping the motivation to play the game after finishing main mission.

7. Andile

Andile Member

Sep 19, 2020
    Male
    Hi cOmas, Great game, probably as close to the X series games as you can get on phones. thank you for all your effort. The only issues I've encountered is that my attempts at stockpiling missiles has backfired with no new missiles being produced on stations. In fact with no place to stockpile anything whatsoever. So ship changes become problematic. The other is scanners. They don't seem to function, or am I missing a trick.

8. Andile

Andile Member

Sep 19, 2020
    Male
    I figured out the scanners. 2 things that i still have trouble with is matching speed and stopping.

9. space jumper

space jumper Member

Sep 12, 2020
    Male
    For mining best is to use time multiplier and and play with backward speed....a bit clumsy sometimes to push fire button and backward speed but it works pretty good.
    Would be more comfortable to have a 0 speed button and to stop in front of an astroid but it is ok how it is.

10. space jumper

space jumper Member

Sep 12, 2020
    Male
    #570 space jumper, Sep 20, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
    Screenshot_20200919-235323.png Screenshot_20200919-235130.png Screenshot_20200919-224913.png I discovered a new bug:)
    I would call it "frozen pirates"...it at happend at Sirius and Kappa....guys are sleeping.
    Please watch speed in the screenshots.

11. space jumper

space jumper Member

Sep 12, 2020
    Male
    #571 space jumper, Sep 20, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
    In the last picture in previous post at Kappa each red arrow (pirate) is frozen...they
    wake up as soon as I attack but only the one I attack is getting active. Yesterday was the first time I saw it...today it happens again.

This is from today
    Screenshot_20200919-230903.png

12. space jumper

space jumper Member

Sep 12, 2020
    Male
    Maybe there is a conflict in language data which causes trouble.
    I found security translated "sicherheit" and also in in english.
    Screenshot_20200919-153138~2.png Screenshot_20200918-230643~3.png

13. space jumper

space jumper Member

Sep 12, 2020
    Male
    Beautiful moment...big fish:)
    Screenshot_20200920-140243.png

c0mas and Truncana like this.
  14. c0mas

c0mas Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2016
    Hi Andile, glad to hear you like the game :).

Indeed, stockpiling is not really an option so far, but we'll try to adjust the items production so it will restock faster and also it will avoid missing rare items after the first batch is purchased.

Yes, ... it will "eat" in time all items that are not produced in one location. So now each base will produce/generate some items and it has a target stock for each item (with some margin) so if it gets too high, it will stop producing and items will disappear slowly then will start to produce again when the stock is too low (it has a production time for each item). The problem sometimes is the margin for rare items (it seems it does not get to restart the production again when everything is bought up).

So ... if you move a lot of items to a location those will start to decay in time even if those items are produced there, but it will drop to 0 in time if not.

15. c0mas

c0mas Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2016
    You should be able to match speed with a target by tapping on the speed indicator. Also full stop should work by double tapping on break (it needs a bit more work since I'm not happy with how this double tapping work, but it should be there :) )

16. c0mas

c0mas Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2016
    Indeed :) that's one way I also do it, but if there are no enemies around ... full stop might also do the trick :)

17. c0mas

c0mas Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2016
  18. c0mas

c0mas Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2016
    Now this is one of the weirdest issues ... :) Since while in English there is no alternate translation database loaded :) ... I'm still thinking how this can happed :) ... well :) one mystery to solve :)

19. Truncana

Truncana Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2013
    Hi c0mas! I am on iOS (iPhone 8) and I can match speed, but I can’t do the full stop. Is there a way to fix?

20. Truncana

Truncana Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2013
    The bug of the shattered ship strikes again. Here on Parammis...

Attached Files: