Universal Stellar Wanderer (by Crescent Moon Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by JoshCM, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Malcius

Malcius New Member

May 11, 2019
    Male
    When I try saving to cloud I get the error message "Cloud: an error occurred while saving your game. Please try again."
    Auto save to cloud just doesn't seem to happen.

Using a Galaxy a5 2017 and an Alcatel Pixi 4.

2. Malcius

Malcius New Member

May 11, 2019
    Male
    Don't know if its connected to this problem but if I switch to another app, then switch back it asks me to confirm my Google account.

3. c0mas

c0mas Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2016
    #403 c0mas, May 15, 2019
    Last edited: May 15, 2019
    Hi Malcius, it is likely that those issues are connected, it is a "kind of" old issue that we're trying to address. We're sorry for the trouble (for some reason it basically fails to connect to the Google account).

4. Malcius

Malcius New Member

May 11, 2019
    Male
    Hi c0mas. I was trying to make myself a spreadsheet of which minerals could be found in which asteroid fields but have noticed that it changes for some (all?) of them. Is there a regular pattern to the timing of the change and is it completely random as to what will appear or will each asteroid have a selection of minerals that it could contain? I've noticed that the asteroid field in Green Fields (Nav 1) has just changed from gold, silver and platinum to hydrogen, uranium and astatine. Is it likely to toggle back soon or just switch to some other resources? Is my spreadsheet likely to be at all useful?

5. c0mas

c0mas Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2016
    Usually the asteroid composition does not change, but those from Memphis are a special case since first time there is the tutorial phase and it spawns the “gold” asteroids. After the first “gold” mission the composition should not change :)

6. c0mas

c0mas Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2016
    It's strange that the asteroids at Green Field changed their composition :) ... I'll have to check that out because ... as design :) at least all asteroids should keep their composition ... but it never knows what obscure bug ... or feature made it change :D

7. c0mas

c0mas Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2016
    diggix likes this.
  8. c0mas

c0mas Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2016
    One question for people who asked for playable capital ships: Capital ships don't fit in hangars to see and equip them when landed as you can do now for fighters, how would you see the menu page for fitting a capital ship?

9. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    @c0mas: Very nice to see you are still supporting the game.

I'd show capital ships outside the space station. And add a "toggle view" button in the Hangar, first choice would be at the bottom between the "Back" and "Change Ship" buttons. Second option is top-right corner, above the "primary & side slots" column.

You don't happen to have an ETA for capital ships yet, I assume?

10. c0mas

c0mas Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2016
    No ETA yet :) ... but for now I'm investigating what changes would be required for allowing to fly some bigger stuff :) ... and there are some road blocks to overcome, but it seems doable :)

So ... you would see an empty hangar with a button to switch the view to the outside parked capital ship ... or just switch the camera always to outside instead of entering the hangar when pressing "hangar" button :) ?

11. diggix

diggix Member

May 13, 2018
    @c0mas: hm ...capital ships? yes, that would be interesting!!!

regarding your question I guess you could just show a virtual/holographic representation of the capital when in the hangar

or... have a different button altogether ("Capital ships") that opens a new page where you see the capital and stats outside of the station

12. c0mas

c0mas Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2016
    @diggix @Nullzone How about a shuttle to show in hangar with landing/departing animation? and then to switch to the outside view for equipping it?

13. diggix

diggix Member

May 13, 2018
    Hm, I assume the animation to outside view would be played after you "select/buy" the capital, right? I guess I`d like to see it before I do that.

As a crazy alternative you could also dock to a capital like you do to a station, but I think it also depends on what type of gameplay you have in mind for the control of the capital.

14. c0mas

c0mas Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2016
    Indeed after you purchase the ship. The list of ships to purchase should work with any ship size since is “blueprint like” does not show the ship in hangar.

Well ... docking to your ship ... :) still would require a shuttle or one of your ships to move from the station to your capital ship :) ... but I agree this idea is a bit wild :)

15. diggix

diggix Member

May 13, 2018
    Yes, I was thinking you could dock with your fighter to your capital. And that you could leave the capital anywhere, you`d just have to remember where you parked it when you need it :))

About the representation, I suppose the shuttle could work too as long as it`s clear that you`re not buyin/using the shuttle but the capital.

16. c0mas

c0mas Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2016
    I must admit, it sounds interesting ...

So you could have a capital ship ... like a mobile base of your own ...

How about having multiple capital ships? :) ... or allow just one? :D

17. diggix

diggix Member

May 13, 2018

Hm... it could be either way I guess.... Again, I think it depends on how you will be able to use those capitals, and that`s what I would be curious to know. For example, will you be able to pilot it? Will it work like a "big fighter" or will it have different controls, maybe like in Star Trek games? Or perhaps it will be like a "big wingman" that follows you and will help you with in battle or provide powerups?​

18. c0mas

c0mas Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2016
    Well ... I think you definitely should be able to fly it, but perhaps a combination of "point&click" and direct control (I think moving toward a target should be done with point&click but allow it to roll to position turrets and also allow to change direction with normal controls).

A big wingman might be cool, but it might be harder to fit in the universe as it is designed now ... all capital ships in the game usually travel kind of slower than fighters and would make no sense to wait for it or to make it pop up right after you jump to a new area.

I like the idea of having a capital ship like a personal movable base where you can store your ships (without costs) and your equipment (without the risk of being purchased by NPC as it is now if you leave something at a random station). And of course would open new grounds for development, since you should be able to purchase different capital ships of different sizes and capabilities ... and equip them with special items.

BTW, what do you think about having one capital ship (and be forced to switch it if you want another) vs allowing to have multiple ?

19. diggix

diggix Member

May 13, 2018
    More is better, right? :))
    Well, I guess you can implement that progressively. Just have a single capital for start. After everything is sorted out with that decide if you can have more, and how to switch between them.
    Also, with the capital you would be also able to jump between zones, right?

20. c0mas

c0mas Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2016
    Having more adds some significant questions design wise :)
    Indeed you would be able to jump the capital ship, but to keep it consistent with the rest of the game, you should fly it in the jumpgate's activity area (so it can use the jumpgate's pre-computed jump coordinates, since computing new ones would require impressive computing power and is not feasible to be mounted on regular ships :) )

How about wingmans? Which one do you think it should be first, wingmans or capital ships?