Universal Stellar Wanderer (by Crescent Moon Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by JoshCM, Feb 18, 2016.

1. diggix

diggix Member

May 13, 2018
    Playing the game and enjoying it a lot. Thx c0mas for the great work!

2. c0mas

c0mas Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2016
    Good to hear diggix! :) and I'd love to hear more :)

3. CyberSA

CyberSA Member

May 28, 2018
    Male
    Cloud Save Question on Android.

How do I save to the cloud so I can transfer my saves between devices? I play on my Phone while I commute and would like to play on a tablet when at home.

Just started playing so don't want to commit to much time or money with IAP until I know this is possible.

4. c0mas

c0mas Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2016
    Hi CyberSA, by default the game is saving in a cloud save slot the most advanced progress (it needs to be connected to the google play services). Also there is an option to manually save the game to another cloud save slot.

You can check if there is a save on the cloud by tapping "Load Game" instead of "Continue" as soon as the game starts and there should be a save slot marked with "Cloud" on it. Can you check it and let me know if it works? (there were some reports that some android devices do not successfully connect to the google play services).

5. CyberSA

CyberSA Member

May 28, 2018
    Male

Attached Files:

6. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Are you talking about cross-platform sync (iOS to Android and back) or single platform sync (Android to Android)? If it's cross-platform, it might not be compatible. For example, Asphalt 8 doesn't allow cross-platform sync, but Real Racing 3 does.

7. c0mas

c0mas Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2016
    It seems there is a "google play services" connection error on your device. With this error the cloud save will most likely not work.

Since it seems this error is happening on a wide range of devices (and is not under our control or is hard to track down the actual cause) we're investigating some alternative ways to save the progress in cloud or on some server, but this will take some time and an update.

Cross-platform is highly unlikely since we don't want to implement a proprietary login mechanism just for this (we're using whatever google/android/ios identification ID is reporting and those IDs are not cross-platform).

8. CyberSA

CyberSA Member

May 28, 2018
    Male
    This is Android to Android . It is not saving anyway so would not make a difference even if it was not saving

9. c0mas

c0mas Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2016
    We'll try a fix in a future update (it might be related to two steps authentication, by any chance can you confirm that you have that enabled on your google play services account? Thanks!)

10. c0mas

c0mas Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2016
    One more thing, the master unlock is not related to cloud or google play services, so if you buy an IAP to get rid of the timer, it should remove the timer on all devices that use the same email to log in to the android market.

11. CyberSA

CyberSA Member

May 28, 2018
    Male
    I do have two step on my account but don't understand why this would be an issue as other games save to Google play services without the two step issue. I will temporary disabled Two step later to see if this will fix it.

As for master unlock, where do I see that and what will the advantage be?

12. c0mas

c0mas Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2016
    I'm not sure yet if two steps authentication is the cause, but is the main lead we're investigating (for sure its not from you, but perhaps some missing resources in the game or a case not handled properly).

As for the master unlock, the game is designed as a premium game but is set as free to allow people try it before they buy something. More, the game does not force a player to buy anything, but it will add a timer "refuel timer" that will departures from bases at some point. So the master unlock is actually the first purchase equivalent with at least 4.99 USD that will remove the timer forever and will grant the purchased CHIPS. (all further purchases will only award the CHIPS since the timer is already removed).

13. CyberSA

CyberSA Member

May 28, 2018
    Male
    Still early days in this game as I was looking for a X or Freelancer style game that I don't have to play multiplayer and complete with players that have more time to play or more money.

This game is ticking most of the boxes and kudos to the work you have done. As soon as I can transfer saves between devices I will pay the master unlock.

(Side note based on the personal support given on my issue, I will unlock the full game as the $5 payment would be the beer I now owe you)

14. c0mas

c0mas Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2016
    :) Thanks, I hope we'll fix it soon.

(a friend of mine was playing on purpose with two accounts of two devices, so he can use different player classes ... but he really wants to try everything).

15. CyberSA

CyberSA Member

May 28, 2018
    Male
    OK - switched off Two Step and it did not work :(

16. c0mas

c0mas Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2016
    Well ... at lest we now know 100% sure is not from that (we're trying to find a device in our test base that reproduces the issue).

17. CyberSA

CyberSA Member

May 28, 2018
    Male
    Hope this helps

Attached Files:

18. c0mas

c0mas Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2016
    Sure it helps, now we know what device to try on :)

19. Decca77

Decca77 New Member

Jan 30, 2018
    #399 Decca77, Jul 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
    Hey guys.
    I am having the same problem...
    I originally installed the game on my new Sky 5 back in January
    My new phone is a LG that I can't sync with my 3 purchases that I made on my Sky 5.
    I bought 3 items which right now work perfectly on the Sky 5

Stellar Wanderer special offer
    Stellar Wanderer 70 chips (x2)

I will edit this post later tonight when I have time with a couple more pics.

Decca

Attached Files:

20. c0mas

c0mas Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2016
    Hi Decca77,

I'll try to help you on this one, first, are you using the same google play account on both devices?