Universal Stellar Horizon (by S.MARSAULT)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Feb 19, 2016.

1. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    May be somewhat interrupted? LOL, it WILL be interrupted for sure, believe me, I have a 5- and a 2-year old kids :) Congrats!

2. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Awesome! Congrats. Hoping all goes well.

3. marsaults

marsaults Well-Known Member

May 4, 2011
    Virtualboy and Curtis, thanks a lot!

4. TangyRedSmurf

TangyRedSmurf Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Congrats Marsaults. Kids are a blessing (and a time suck) good luck your going to need it ;-)

5. Spartyfan6262

Spartyfan6262 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2015
    Just stumbled on this thread. Is the game worth a purchase? Looks like Elite Dangerous or No Man's sky to me.

6. senkoujin

senkoujin Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2013
    Stellar Baby!!!

Wow, congratulations marsaults! Not only a developer, but also a full-time parent! :)

Hehe, thank you Valentia, I really hope that you can enjoy this game and continue to support this developer! ^_^

Hahaha, I sold my ship once to buy a better ship, but I never had the guts to try to leave a station without a ship, lol. I guess you were in "free fall", haha!

I'm really happy to see more people interested in this game! :)

NEW BUG REPORT:
    While exploring a planet, if you continuously press the SCAN button nonstop (even when it disappears [tap SCAN button area]), you will start extracting 1T EXPLOSIVES....to infinity? Ran out somehow? Well, just move to another area on the planet and start tapping the SCAN button nonstop again. Bug fix required, heh!

7. marsaults

May 4, 2011
    #147 marsaults, Apr 1, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
    I was about to submit the new Stellar Horizon update, but i read Senkoujin bug ... and i decided to fix it first.
    Now it is done. Stellar Horizon 1.0.8 is submitted and will be available in a few days!

Attached Files:

8. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Yes! You're amazing! How's paternity going? :D

9. pauldavidmerritt

pauldavidmerritt Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Male
    Ultrasound reporting systems
    East Rutherford NJ
    woohoo!!

10. marsaults

May 4, 2011
    The baby comes back home this afternoon. I'm ready!

Attached Files:

11. senkoujin

senkoujin Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2013
    Stellar baby arriving home soon

I'm sure you can handle it; I don't have any kids, but from all the stories I read, the first 5 or 6 months will require a lot of energy to take care of the baby.

By the way, that screenshot!!! Is it my imagination, or is that some kind of mysterious structure on that planet?!? Wow this is so exciting!!! :D

12. marsaults

May 4, 2011
    Exactly. A mysterious structure... Maybe in the next update!

13. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Congrats!

I hope you've been banking up sleep...

14. marsaults

May 4, 2011
    Thanks drelbs!
    I've just enough time to announce that update 1.0.8 is available! I go to sleep.

15. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #155 VirtualBoyFreak, Apr 4, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
    I came here just to say it. I love that exclamation sign in the "a bug concerning the possibility of launch from a station without a ship (!) has been fixed". Am I the only one who tried that? It was honestly an enormous temptation to try it when I saw I could move around the menus without being forced to buy a ship. Maybe I found a can of Red Bull in the space station... Red Bull gives you wings! LOL'd! :D

EDIT: bug report: tried to land on Aevotbi and the landing process didn't show the "skip" button and it didn't land, showing the atmosphere animation ad eternum. I've quit and will try again. Let's hope I'm luckier this time around. EDIT 2: It worked now. I guess it had to do with me landing in the space station, launching and landing in the space station again. EDIT 3: same bug where the "skip" button doesn't appear and it lands endlessly. I guess another update is needed to fix this... When your child lets you a few spare minutes ;)

Attached Files:

16. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Regarding the "no skip button on landing" bug, I found when it happens: when you're going to launch from the space station, sometimes, instead of launching, the engine changes to "S" (it's as if the arrow up to change engine speeds was hiding behind the launch button, but somehow can be pressed). When this happens, I click on "arrow down" to return it to it's original speed position (launch doesn't work otherwise) and then I click on launch. When this happens, if you land on the planet the "skip" button doesn't appear and it keeps landing forever until you quit the app. I hope it can be easily fixed, because I've had it happen 80% of the times I've tried to land and it's a pain...

17. Modjular

Modjular Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2014
    Do you people recommend jumping into this game? Or do you need to ha e experience with similar titles?

18. Truncana

Truncana Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2013
    Dear Marsaults, I am very happy for your new life adventure! Children are one of the most important thing of the human life!
    I have just one request for this great game:
    could you please add some sort of indication on shpis 3D models of the presence of a cockpit? I mean a simple blue or yellow polygon just to indicate that in that place is the pilot piloting that ship.
    Sorry for the strange request. Let me know what you think! Thanks for your attention and congrats again!!!

19. marsaults

May 4, 2011
    Thanks Truncana!
    let me know if i understand well (as english is not my native language): you would like to see in your radar the ship model of all near flying ships?

20. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I think what he would like to see is the cabin of the ship in the ship model (for example when you buy a ship, where you see how the ship is).