Universal Stellar Horizon (by S.MARSAULT)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Feb 19, 2016.

1. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I went to update my apps today, and realized Stellar Horizon is no longer on the U.S. App Store. Did you have to pull it in order to submit the next release?

2. marsaults

marsaults Well-Known Member

May 4, 2011
    I pulled it temporary, as the bug is blocking for the player (i don’t want new players to buy and delete the game the same day!) The next release should be available tomorrow.

3. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Good thinking! Thanks for being so quick to fix. Looking forward to it.

4. ElBueno

ElBueno Member

May 13, 2010
    Game developer
    Philadelphia
    #1424 ElBueno, Oct 4, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
    So I’m taking another shot at this game, and I need to ask: How exactly does one navigate from star to star? Is it possible to set a target system and get a set of jumps plotted out to it? Or is it just point at stars that look like they’re on the way and turn on the hyperdrive?

I LOVE that you physically fly to the star instead of jumping like in most space games, BTW. :)

5. Blackwater86

Blackwater86 New Member

Oct 6, 2018
    Could we get more information on the beams to secrets on planets? Do both the red and blue line up for the treasure? Do they only point in the general direction? How exact are they?

I have been following a beam and it feels endless.

I have been exploring a planet and the only time they intersect was near a bunker. It was just the normal bunker.

Is there a way to increase the elevation that can be moved? It gets a little tiring always running into the obstacle block with a mountain. If we could buy upgrades they would improve the planet exploration that would be nice. ( I am not far into the game. Maybe this is already a thing. )

6. marsaults

May 4, 2011
    You don’t have to follow the beam. First find another bunker, that will create a second beam. Then you go to the intersection of the 2 beams.
    For the moment the elevation that can be moved can’t be increased during the game. Though I increased it a little in the last release.

7. marsaults

May 4, 2011
    You can enter the coordinates of a known system, or aim at a distant star (which will reveal its name and distance if it is in the moddle of your reticula) and click on the « lock » button. This will allow you to reach it more easily.

8. ElBueno

ElBueno Member

May 13, 2010
    Game developer
    Philadelphia
    What about when I need to navigate to a system in a mission and it’s outside my fuel range?

9. marsaults

May 4, 2011
    When you are in a mission, you can enter the coordinates of the destination system in your navigation page. Did you see it ?

10. ElBueno

ElBueno Member

May 13, 2010
    Game developer
    Philadelphia
    I do see that, but is there an easier way of telling what systems to go to on the way that are in my fuel range? Kind of like in Elite?

11. TintedOrtoy

TintedOrtoy New Member

Dec 6, 2018
    Male
    Thank you Marsaults for such a great game, masses of updates, and plenty hours of pleasure derived from it.

I’ve played Stellar Horizon for a few years now, and it just gets better and better.

While long overdue, I’ve just left you a 5 star rating in the App Store.

giletvert and JasonLL like this.
  12. JasonLL

JasonLL Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    I agree TintedOrtoy. Stellar Horizon is one of the most updated games on my device. What started out as a iOS Elite in the beginning became much more of its own thing as time went on.

Really happy that Mars was willing to put so much time into Stellar.

13. giletvert

giletvert Member

Dec 26, 2018
    Male
    I just bought the game, but find it hard, 3 restarts, difficult to find planets or bases if you miss them, no tutorials!

I have not read the 72 pages of this thread please someone help me?

14. JasonLL

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    #1434 JasonLL, Dec 27, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
    I am more than happy to help. The game can be daunting especially if this is your first time playing. I will try and find some older posts from myself and other forum members in this huge thread to help you out a bit.

giletvert and Son of Anarchy like this.
  15. JasonLL

Feb 21, 2014
    Male

decript, ElBueno and giletvert like this.
  16. JasonLL

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    These replies are from much earlier versions but I thought they offered some really good advice that would apply to the latest iteration of the game.

Just grabbed a few quotes around the midpoint of thread. I am 1000% sure I missed some great advice so apologies to those I missed.

giletvert likes this.
  17. giletvert

giletvert Member

Dec 26, 2018
    Male
    Yes but how to get each and every star’s coordinates? And copy them easily ?

18. giletvert

giletvert Member

Dec 26, 2018
    Male
    Thanks, I’ve been playing the game few hours now and I managed to avoid the few first errors, docking without autodeck (had no more credits), forgetting to refuel, or no more money for fuel, trying fights (and getting killed) etc
    For fights I have not understood how to do to recognize target, how to aim correctly, hope this improves...
    I have explored a dozen planets, found bunkers on most of them, did not understand utility of items found in them. Planet walkabout can be lengthy, once I managed to get stuck in a crater and had to reload.
    One monolith so far... changed one time ship for 27t, but still limited...

19. giletvert

giletvert Member

Dec 26, 2018
    Male
    Ah, and what is the utility of the laser beam of the bunkers...? Poetry...?

20. giletvert

giletvert Member

Dec 26, 2018
    Male
    On Dietba, first planet with 3 bunkers so far, 1st bunker without laser beam... no found monoliths, told by com yet...