Universal Stellar Horizon (by S.MARSAULT)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Feb 19, 2016.

1. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Since you're working on this, I'd say size less or equal to 10 makes bunker exploration enjoyable, but when they are bigger, for me it gets tedious, specially if I end up exploring the full bunker to find the exit.

As for the inside of the bunker itself, now there are only corridors. Maybe you could add some rooms with special decoration: fountains (with water effect?), sacrifice tables, piles of gold ingots... Decorative elements that make exploring the bunkers have the "let's see what I find here" feeling. When I explore them now, my only objective is find a rare object to increase my rare inventory, and to find the second exit to get a +1 explored bunker.

Also, on a side note, would adding animation to dinosaurs be very difficult? I don't mean walking, just moving their heads around so that they aren't inanimated any more. The same goes for trees, like leaves moving. Maybe creating 5-6 positions for each object would do the trick, or even less in the case of trees... Dunno, just dreaming from the ignorant side of development.

2. drh1961

drh1961 Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2013
    A little more information on the game crashing

Hello,

So the game crashed twice in a row when leaving the same planet

It happened right at or right after the game autosaves after leaving a planet.

Planet was Maawovev. -415, 316, 675. Level 30

On the settings page my settings were

Off. High
    On. Off
    Off. Low
    Normal. High
    On. Ultra
    On. On

Original iPad Air. All apps were completely closed and exited before starting the game. This whole thing probably started about 20 minutes after I started playing.

I was using the iPad in landscape mode with the home button on the right. After each crash it opened up on the main screen but in portrait mode. The bottom of the screen after the crash was to the right.

As i said twice in a row, after the first time I immediately restarted the game. I did not completely close the app. After the second time, I fully closed the app and everything worked again.

3. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I went to those coordinates because I was just 25LY away and curiously enough, the planet there was Enxuegda. I didn't play a lot, just went there to see what happened. No crashes on my side. It seems like a memory leak somewhere...

4. drh1961

Feb 28, 2013

I screwed up. Last coordinate is 671

5. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Went there too and nothing happened either. I guess when memory is not completely clean (i.e.: something stayed running in the background even though you closed it) a memory leak happens and it crashes. I've had this happen sometimes in the past too. Luckily the game saves quite often so you can reload more or less where you were.

6. marsaults

marsaults Well-Known Member

May 4, 2011
    I will try to improve bunkers content with some new objects. Concerning dinosaurs animation, it will be difficult. For trees, i think it will be possible. For the moment, i'm trying to implement dinosaurs with slightly moving orientation with time (don't know if i'm clear). It is still very static, but it seems to give them more life. I will see if i can do more.
    Furthermore, I'm implementing a mechanism to trigger in some bunkers, which will give you the direction towards the position of something (maybe a lot of money, i dont know yet) to find on the planet.

7. marsaults

May 4, 2011
    Good. I was afraid of another bug (which would have been pretty serious).
    Btw i don't have crash for the moment, maybe i should play more to observe it.

8. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #1388 VirtualBoyFreak, Oct 12, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    These crashes happened to me after long play times, or when the phone had been without being reset for a long time. Usually a reboot/ power off-on did the trick. They're not too often in my side though. EDIT: I think I already sent you a savegame with one of these issues long ago and you couldn't find anything savegame wise.

Sounds perfect to me. Just keep bunkers on the small side (<=10 in size of I can choose :D)

9. drh1961

Feb 28, 2013

Yeah, an upper limit of about 12 on bunkers would be perfect.

Today I played another 30 minutes or so, no crashes.

10. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Agreed: upper limit of 12, so that there's also big bunkers for those who want to spend lots of time exploring them.

11. ecstaticax

ecstaticax Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Hi, I have a question to the developer: do you think you will update the app to support iPhone X?
    Regards

12. Peripatetic

Peripatetic Active Member

May 1, 2013
    Update on realism?

Yes, when will the iPhone X be supported, and much more importantly when will there be:

- multi planet star systems
    - planets that revolve around the sun(s)
    - planets that rotate on their axis
    - planets of different sizes and colors
    - binary systems
    - moons that revolve around planets
    - comets
    - smooth travel across terrestrial surfaces

13. marsaults

May 4, 2011
    Hi ecstaticax !
    Yes, i'll try to support iPhone X (it's in first place in my todo list). I can't give you a date, as i'm currently updating my development environnement and i don't know the potential issues yet. But maybe it will be straightforward, who knows ? :)

14. ecstaticax

ecstaticax Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Thank you for your reply. I am a developer too (no games), and I understand how much it can be difficult. Take your time. You did a great job. You should port your game on PSVR.
    Regards.

15. marsaults

May 4, 2011
    New release including iphone X compatibility submitted ! I’m not sure when it will be reviewed, as the submission/review process of new apps will be frozen between Dec. 23 and Dec. 27...

16. JasonLL

JasonLL Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    Thank you for adding the iPhone X support and the continual support of Stellar Horizon. You have really turned this game into something special, especially for those of us who have followed the development, it’s still my go to space exploration game and easily one of my favorite sci-fi games on the App Store.

17. tintin888

tintin888 Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2016
    Hello again. It’s been a while

18. Maryo_Nicle7

Maryo_Nicle7 New Member

Jan 16, 2018
    Senior High School Student
    Indonesia
    Any plan on Android version? Please... I'll pay for this, it looks great :'(

19. marsaults

May 4, 2011
    Hello tintin !

tintin888 likes this.
  20. marsaults

May 4, 2011
    #1400 marsaults, Jan 27, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
    Hello Maryo_Nicle7 and thanks !

unfortunately i develop Stellar Horizon on my spare time, and i don't own an Android. I guess it would take a sooo long time to make an Android version...