Universal Stellar Horizon (by S.MARSAULT)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Feb 19, 2016.

1. senkoujin

senkoujin Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2013
    Planet Exploration now possible!!

Hello again marsaults,

Thank you very much for this update! Planet Exploration is now possible!!!

The exploration aspect makes planets MUCH more interesting, and it works just fine! I was able to find different resources on the same planet at different locations, which is a step in the right direction!

The station and ship lights make the game look a bit more alive, thanks for that, and the new speed meter is a great addition to the game, giving more detail on specific data like speed. :)

Thank you very much for your hard work! (Merci Beaucoup, Monsieur!)

We're definitely looking forward to more future updates in Stellar Horizon! :)

Bloodangel and Gurney Halleck, with this new update, the game has reached a new and very important level in development. This game is inexpensive and has the potential to be mobile's first FULL-ON space exploration game; I highly recommend that you just buy and try it for yourself! No need to be stuck on the fence if you are a TRUE space fan who can appreciate such gallant potential coming from this developer! This would be a grand wager tipped in your favor. ;)

2. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    So I came here thinking "let's see how this game is doing" and I see it works on iOS7 now! Wow! What are the minimum device specs? I have an iPad 3 and an iPhone 4S. Will it work on those? If it does, I'll buy it :)

3. Valentia

Valentia Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jan 20, 2009
    Female
    Retired!
    California
    #123 Valentia, Mar 27, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
    senkoujin, your posts are absolutely awesome! I'm buying the game right now. :)

4. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #124 VirtualBoyFreak, Mar 27, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
    Nevermind, I took the risk and it works on my 4S. It's a bit slower than in the videos I've seen, but it works. I'll install it on my iPad 3 to play in a different galaxy :D

@Marsaults: bug report: I'm on the planet seen in the image. When I click on "launch" it does nothing, I can't exit the planet. I previously accepted a mission to go to a planet 22ly away from where I was. Since it was too far (I only have 7ly worth of fuel), I went to a planet 11ly away. I ran out of fuel, but I was able to reach the planet of the image attached. EDIT: I rebooted the phone and it hasn't happened again. Maybe it has to do with low RAM available?

@Marsaults: screen size/UI: it seems as if the size of the screen was meant for an iPhone 5+, and on the 4S it shows like a bit cut out on the right side. Can this be fixed? It's not a big problem by any means, but it would be better if it fit 100% correct in screen.

I have played very little: got to a planet, explored it, found the resources, took off, sold resources, accepted mission and left to a second planet. I like a lot what I've seen so far, and since the dev is actively participating in this thread, I'm sure the bugs will be fixed and the game polished as it has been through all the previous updates :)

Attached Files:

5. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    The more I play, the more I like the game. Look at all these beautiful sceneries! Sure there is space for improvement, but the game is great as it is now. 5 stars well deserved :) if you like classic space trading games, you'll love this one.

Attached Files:

6. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Okay, so I complete the contract. How do I get paid for it now? I only have the "abort" button.

Also, something which should be fixed for the next version is that you shouldn't be allowed to take off without a spaceship. I sold my ship, launched and went out to space without a ship :D obviously, no ship means no radar, no nothing, so I got lost. I was able to change my speed though, so I pointed at the star which I was nearest to, clicked on hyperspeed and went through the star! LOL'd.

As many of you have already said, the game has lots of potential, but it needs some polish here and there.

Attached Files:

7. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I've gotten stuck in space stations and on planets, unable to launch. Had to close the app completely and open it up again. But of course I had to travel back to where I got stuck. iPhone 6 iOS 8.4.1.

8. freedomthai

freedomthai Member

Mar 24, 2015
    omg Planet Exploration,i gotta get this game when i have money. i lack $0.23 in itune account lol.

9. marsaults

marsaults Well-Known Member

May 4, 2011
    Thanks Senkoujin! I'm happy to see that you continue to enjoy Stellar Horizon. So i keep on working in the same direction! Next update is in progress. It will hopefully fix some bugs that have been reported in this thread.

10. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #130 VirtualBoyFreak, Mar 28, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
    Thanks a lot Marsaults. I'm exploring the universe on my iPad mainly because the gfx look beautiful in the big screen :) I'm on 02:31 of total game time and it's gone in a flash! Well worth the price paid. Since the memory used is less than 50MB, I have it installed on my 4S too to play on the go :D

11. marsaults

May 4, 2011
    Good night explorers!

Attached Files:

12. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Beautiful scenery. Btw, is there a way to set a marker in -34.11.13 to know how to get there. I see the coordinates in the map, but I don't know how X, Y and Z axis go in the middle of space... What's the reference?

13. marsaults

May 4, 2011
    For the moment, no way to set a marker. But it seems to be an idea for an update. XYZ axis in the 3D map should be featured too.

14. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Great! Waiting for all the updates then! :D this game is coming out excellently. Btw, please keep iOS7 support in updates, because I didn't buy it on release because it was iOS8+ only. When you made it compatible with iOS7, you opened a whole new universe to me ;)

15. freedomthai

freedomthai Member

Mar 24, 2015
    i can't land on a planet,don't know how.ship just stop moving when i try. :s

16. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    The process I follow is: get to space station, do everything trade-related, launch from space station, find the square to access the planet (I think it's called "Window 0" or "Zone 0" or something like that) and land. You can't land directly without passing through the space station. In the videos in the thread you can see the process, but you won't see planet exploration because it wasn't implemented yet when they recorded those videos.

17. TangyRedSmurf

TangyRedSmurf Member

Jan 14, 2016
    #137 TangyRedSmurf, Mar 28, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
    Thank you Marsaults for your continued efforts on this game. I think the game is already one of the best space trading/ exploration games on IOS but good games become great games if you keep on developing them. Something most developers forget, They just move on to the next project. I understand you cant keep development going for free, so maybe consider making larger updates/expansions an IAP. I would love to see this game reach its full potential.

18. pauldavidmerritt

pauldavidmerritt Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Male
    Ultrasound reporting systems
    East Rutherford NJ
    Me too. So glad I purchased it. Keep growing its development, Marsaults. Thank you!

19. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    The planets are incredible, and sometimes beautiful! Look at this one...

Attached Files:

20. marsaults

May 4, 2011
    Hi guys, just a word to say that work is still in progress, but may be somewhat interrupted as a baby is coming very soon.