Universal Stellar Horizon (by S.MARSAULT)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Feb 19, 2016.

1. drh1961

drh1961 Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2013

Station was not on sale for me yet. I will revisit it once I have all level 30 planets mapped.

13 planets visited so far and only two stations available for sale.

2. marsaults

marsaults Well-Known Member

May 4, 2011
    I definitely have to solve this reset stats bug. Does Drh encounters the same problem?

3. JasonLL

JasonLL Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    #1363 JasonLL, Jul 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
    One thing I would like to see is the ability to exit a bunker at any time. Bunkers are way too labyrinthine at times and backtracking can be painful especially since the interior loads at the same speed as the planetary surface. Not the biggest fan of those huge labyrinths especially when it starts feeling like 3D pac-man and less like a large building.

Maybe I just missed it but I looked for a exit button and couldn't find one while exploring the bunker.

4. drh1961

Feb 28, 2013

Yes, it happened yesterday. I cannot be absolutely sure but I am 99% sure the missile stat reset back to 1/30 at the same time as the bunkers went to zero.

Special items are now gone too.

5. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Yes, it happened to me too: the missile stat reset back to 1/30 at the same time I lost the bunkers progress and the special items. Hopefully this will help find the bug...

6. marsaults

May 4, 2011
    I submitted an update yesterday to hopefully solve this bug. But i'm not sure it will be ok, as i can't reproduce the bug.

7. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Fingers crossed hoping it works this time around :)

8. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #1368 VirtualBoyFreak, Jul 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
    Is the update available now the one you're talking about? It only mentions a button to return to the bunker exit. EDIT: I just saw the "skip" text when exiting a planet disappeared, but the button works just fine as always.

9. marsaults

May 4, 2011
    Yes it is. I didn't mention the bug fix, as i'm not sure it works. You will tell me.

10. drh1961

Feb 28, 2013
    I'll keep an eye on it too.

The return to entrance button is a great addition, especially when you get messed up!

11. drh1961

Feb 28, 2013
    New map of level 30 systems

First 25 systems mapped.

Attached Files:

12. JasonLL

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    Recently picked up a new iPad Pro 10.5 and this game looks amazing being able to play with the settings turned all the way up with only a bit of delay exploring the surface of the planets. Also want to write thanks you including a back to exit option for bunker exploration. After all this time Stellar Horizon is still one of my favorite sci-if games on my iPad.

The reason for writing this post is to report a crash issue on my former iPad Air (1st gen) with the most recent builds. The game had a tendency to crash to the home screen after jumping to a couple of systems.

13. marsaults

May 4, 2011
    Hi Jason,

thanks for your feedback! Does the crash happen since the last update of Stellar Horizon, or did it exist before ? And does it happen on your new iPad ?

14. JasonLL

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    #1374 JasonLL, Aug 11, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
    I believe I have had crashing issues with the last couple builds on the Air. Usually it crashes back to the home screen after a couple of system jumps (2-3). The crashes were quite a recent phenomenon since it has been pretty stable throughout most of the updates.

I have been jumping to systems like crazy trying to replicate the issue on the latest device and so far it has not crashed on me. I have yet to encounter a bunker on the Pro since I'm not taking much time to explore the planets, although I am landing on them traveling around for a bit, and Iv'e been kinda unlucky so far. Not sure if that's related to the issue or not. I will certainly update this post when I explore a bit more.

Latest Update:
    Started a new game and found bunkers on the second and third planet, in which I partially explored both, and everything was stable. Jumped to a few more planets and then found a wormhole and no crashes so far on the newer device.

I can't test on the iPad Air anymore since my older tablet no longer works unfortunately. It bit the dust a couple of weeks ago.

15. drh1961

Feb 28, 2013
    I can confirm crashes happen once in a while on the original iPad air(128 GB, Approx 5 GB free). It usually happens when I leave a planet when I skip the takeoff animation, sometimes before. Maybe every 5 or so play sessions, it is not very consistent.

16. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    New update available. I haven't been able to play yet, but it says there's new space stations and there are new more numerous bunkers which are smaller. Sounds good. Checking ASAP.

17. drh1961

Feb 28, 2013

Yeah, bunkers are definitely more numerous. I have landed on 10 planets since the update and found 3, none were larger than 12,

I’ve also seen several new space stations.

18. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I've also played a bit after the update and found bunker exploration very enjoyable if the bunker was small. I encountered a size 13 bunker which was a pain though, mainly because it didn't have a second exit. I went everywhere several times, following the right wall until I ended up at the entry point, but I didn't find the exit... I'm still also missing that last legendary coordinate digit, which is proving a real pain to find. I guess I'll have to keep on searching. 1427 planets visited and I haven't found the damn coordinate... The other 32 were much, much easier to find.

19. drh1961

Feb 28, 2013

Yeah, that last coordinate took forever.

Right now I’m buying up all of the level 30 stations I can. I have 8 so far, out of a total of 124 purchased. I’m trying to get to the $64,000,000 daily income point. Almost there!

2131 planets visited. 314 mapped out in 3D space(x, y, z coordinates), 70 of those are tech level 30.

I have yet to really focus on missions of any type.

20. marsaults

May 4, 2011
    Currently working on bunkers design.

Attached Files:

giletvert likes this.