Universal Stellar Horizon (by S.MARSAULT)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Feb 19, 2016.

1. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    This sounds as the same bug I found and mentioned here, and Sylvain has fixed it. Hopefully it's the same.

2. marsaults

marsaults Well-Known Member

May 4, 2011
    Yes, i think it's the same bug. Fixed and submitted.

3. tintin888

tintin888 Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2016
    Anything you are working on now. I really really want you to begin looking into seamless planet exploration maybe with a joystick and no grid based. I know this is HUGE and is very difficult to accomplish, but I think it would help the game tremendously, since many people's (including me) favorite part is the planet exploration.

4. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Hi Silvain, are you adding in the end level 30 coordinates as a reward for exploring bunkers? If not, could you drop us here a set of coordinates for a level 30 system? It would be amazing to see where one of those"legendary level 30 systems" is.

5. drh1961

drh1961 Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2013

What he said...

I'm gonna buy any level 30 stations I can.

6. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Hello,

I am new (again). I am no idea how to enter the first planet (starting with "Z")

And is there a way to manual landing into a station (may be I am asking a bit too early about this)

Last but not least, I have read the built-in Guide, where else can I find more info?

7. marsaults

May 4, 2011
    I know that this point constitutes one of the exploration weakness, but the structure of my code and my lack of knowledge make it almost impossible to improve now. I think a totally new project would be necessary, with a totally new conception, new graphic engine, new planet modelization...

8. marsaults

May 4, 2011
    Hi Virtual,
    indeed, level 30 coordinates can be found when exploring bunkers. I'm not at home, so i will give some of them as soon as possible. I will PM Drh too.

9. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Wow! Nice that you can find them while exploring bunkers. I'll keep on searching then! (Although I'll wait for your message too :)) Thanks!

10. tintin888

tintin888 Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2016
    Yeah I understand. I still think it's great you make this in your free time.

11. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Hi there, welcome to Stellar Horizon :)

To enter a planet, you have to land on the space station first, and from there to the planet. You can land manually in the space station, but I recommend you auto land first.

Have a look at this thread to find a lot of information on how to obtain the most of this game. I know it's a long thread, but it's worth it :)

12. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #1352 VirtualBoyFreak, Jul 8, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
    Thanks, got it! I'm 5300LY away from it, so I have a long way to go, he he he. EDIT: finally got there, and found 2 level 30 stations on sale. Will keep on this system for a while... :)

Attached Files:

13. drh1961

Feb 28, 2013
    #1353 drh1961, Jul 9, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2017

I'm on my way too, I'm about 3000LY out at the moment. Is it an area with level 29-30'systems? I have found that systems where the stations are not on sale the first time through may eventually offer the station for sale.

Not a bad price either! Daily income around 1% of sale price is a good deal...

I plan on mapping this area once I get there.

14. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Only level 30 space stations as far as I can see. I'm doing the missions to get some money while traveling from one station to the other. I'm also trying to get the last coordinate I'm missing of the 11th legendary system, but at the moment I'm out of luck. I only find alien words, but not coordinates :p

15. drh1961

Feb 28, 2013

It took quite a while for me to get that last coordinate. It will show up eventually in your regular exploring. Just visit every monolith site you find...

Still on my way over.

One question I have for marsaults is regarding the special items you find in the abandoned bases. So far I found a power supply and an imperial manual. So far there is no use for them correct?

16. marsaults

May 4, 2011
    Absolutely correct ! Not very rewarding... I guess you'd like something else.

17. drh1961

Feb 28, 2013

Well not really, just curious.

I have plenty to do at the moment....

18. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    What I've seen is that my "special objects" section is empty, but I'm pretty sure I found alien objects while exploring bunkers weeks ago. I think they just disappeared from my ship, as missiles I guess. Anyway, since they're not used for anything, I guess it's not important.

19. drh1961

Feb 28, 2013

I just got here and started mapping the area. I visited 10 planets and bought two stations.

There is a wormhole at -434, 330, 657.

I did find a small base, size 7 that did not have a separate exit. Aren't all stations supposed to have another exit?

Anyway it's at INECBEHE at. -433, 331, 664.

20. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Yeap, you're right, in theory all bunkers have a 2nd exit. I have found the alien object in the position of the image attached, which is where I guess the exit should be.

My bunker discovered/explored counter got reset as you can see in the other image attached, so I guess there's a bug with that too.

Therefore, we have the following known bugs:

- Bunkers not always have two exits.
    - Bunkers explored counter gets reset.
    - Special objects on ship disappear.
    - Missiles disappear/reset to the 1/30 initial missile.

In any case, thanks for pointing me to that planet. The base was on sale :)

Attached Files: