Universal Stellar Horizon (by S.MARSAULT)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Feb 19, 2016.

1. drh1961

drh1961 Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2013

Yes, I like this! Especially the fact that there are level 30 systems!

2. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I was thinking where this game begun and where it is now and it's incredible. Aside from trading in space in a 4 billion systems galaxy, now we have planet exploration with light and time effects, bunker exploration, base building, legendary systems, buying space stations... It's amazing!

3. senkoujin

senkoujin Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2013
    The Great Stellar Horizon

You're absolutely right! Stellar Horizon has come a VERY long way from the beginning! marsaults, you are a very admirable developer who takes care of his product AND customers! I know its been a while since I posted here, but I still do very much appreciate EVERYTHING you've done for this game!

However, last month, something horrible has happened to my iPad Air 2....while using the device while charging, it abruptly turned off, and never turned back on again. According to an analysis by an electronics repair shop, the CPU blew out. All my data is lost, and I'm now stuck with a bricked (fully non-functional) iPad Air 2. It is out of Apple's hands, and I am not willing to pay $300 USD to fix it nor do I want to buy the current "New iPad", which is actually a downgrade from my iPad Air 2 in some aspects. I have decided to wait until the true next generation 9.7 inch iPad (2018?) comes out...that way, I'll be up-to-date with the most powerful iPad, which I'll spend the money on. Until then, unfortunately, I won't be able to continue to enjoy Stellar Horizon.

4. marsaults

marsaults Well-Known Member

May 4, 2011
    Thanks for the kind words Senkoujin!
    By the time you get a new ipad, i hope Stellar Horizon will have evolved a lot and you will enjoy re-discovering the game!

5. marsaults

May 4, 2011
    It will be soon possible to find level 30 system coordinates while exploring bunkers!
    Some stats:
    in a 2048 Light Years wide cube containing 21 millions system (centered on the origin of the galaxy), 5799 systems are level 30. They represent 0.03% of the systems. They are not uniformly distributed: some sectors are full of them. They are roughly located in 12 main areas.

6. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I think that getting coordinates for those level 30 systems while exploring bunkers is amazing. It's the legacy left by the long lost superior race who created the monoliths and the bunkers and left this universe long ago in search for alternate realities :D

7. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Update is live. I love the new light effects on planets. I've explored one bunker and found one strange item. I think it was a power generator or something like that. Will I be able to build an uber-cool ship with those parts? :D also, any chance this game gets ported to Android? I've got an Android as a secondary device and I surely miss Stellar Horizon in it.

8. Ahyko

Ahyko New Member

May 2, 2017
    wow, the new light effect looks AMAZING!

btw. what exactly are the advantages of higher level/wealthier systems? I figured they are more dangerous and you can get better stations. Other than that something else?

9. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #1329 VirtualBoyFreak, Jun 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
    If you buy better stations, the income is much, much higher. I guess the income of level 30 stations must be awesome... And their price too! :D

Btw, Sylvain, I just bought a Logitech Powershell which was on sale and tried it with Stellar Horizon, but unfortunately it didn't work. Any chance your game gets mfi controller support in future updates? It would be cool, although I don't know how difficult it is to implement, but I guess it mustn't be easy, since many games don't work with it or have it badly implemented.

10. marsaults

May 4, 2011
    For the moment, items have no function. But it may change. Concerning Android, i'm afraid that Stellar Horizon will never be released on it !
    Too much to learn, to much work ... I barely find time to update the game so it seems impossible !

11. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Ah well, forget about mfi implementation then. I understand you... Two young boys here and a full time job. I understand you.

12. marsaults

May 4, 2011
    Thanks! As said by VirtualBoyFreak, incomes are higher. Prices are more interesting too, and the probability to find good ships to buy is higher.

13. drh1961

Feb 28, 2013
    #1333 drh1961, Jun 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2017

I can't wait to find these systems and buy a few stations. Level 28 stations are already quite expensive so I can't wait to see the price of level 29 and 30 stations.

Does system level go above 30 or is that the limit?

One other question. Would it be possible to increase the max income restrictions of $2.000,000,000 or is this something that was built deep in the original code, variable definitions, space/memory allocation or something like that?

Im still in the sector where system levels are at about 25 - 28, buying up all the stations I can. I have maybe 250 planets mapped now. Once I find an area with level 30 systems I will start mapping that...

14. marsaults

May 4, 2011
    Yes, level 30 is a limit.
    The $2.000.000.000 limit is due to the usage of a 32 bits variable to store the cash (i used an integer type, which allows a 2^31 maximum value. A 64 bits variable may be used to reach higher values. I should check if i can do it easily.

15. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #1335 VirtualBoyFreak, Jun 4, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
    Bug: I've entered a size 7 bunker, but it was so big that the map stopped drawing itself after I had discovered a lot of corridors. I was a lot of time in the bunker and had to quit because I couldn't find the exit... :(

16. marsaults

May 4, 2011
    Ouch. Sorry for the bug. Strange, because a size 7 bunker is supposed to be very small (7x7 i believe). I will check that.

17. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    This is a screenshot I took. As you can see, it's far more than 7x7 squares. I haven't seen a relationship between the size mentioned when entered and the real size ever. I thought there was no relationship.

Attached Files:

18. marsaults

May 4, 2011
    Bug fixed. Thanks!

19. drh1961

Feb 28, 2013
    I haven't played in a week or so.

Holy crap, the changes to base navigation and the mini map are great!

20. drh1961

Feb 28, 2013
    Well I just found what I think is a bug. I was exploring a base size=25. I had a lot of it explored and was trying to find an exit.

Throughout this time the mini map was working fine, my path showed up as blue with the entrance showing as a green dot. You could see the exact path you followed and could always find a way back to the entrance. Once I had most of the base explored, the green dot disappeared and it seems part of the path in the mini map disappeared also. The map no longer showed the whole path traveled. According to the map I was in a section of the base that looped back on itself. I could no longer find a path back to the rest of the base. It looks like when the entrance dot disappeared one or two other dots also disappeared disconnecting the part of the map I was in from the rest. As a result I had to reload.