Universal Stellar Horizon (by S.MARSAULT)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Feb 19, 2016.

1. marsaults

marsaults Well-Known Member

May 4, 2011
    Ok, I will improve the radar screen.
    Are you sure you found the exit? It is not necessary to explore the whole bunker. You only have to find the exit (generally at the center of the bunker). Maybe you went back to the entry?

2. marsaults

May 4, 2011
    Good ideas. Thanks Drh.

3. drh1961

drh1961 Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2013

Yeah, I went and explored a few corridors and then exited and visited several other star systems afterwards.
    Statistics show 1 bunker discovered but 0 bunkers explored.

4. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #1304 VirtualBoyFreak, May 13, 2017
    Last edited: May 13, 2017
    I'm 99% sure you didn't find the "true" exit to get it counted as explored. I have just explored my first bunker and went around all the corridors. Suddenly, in the middle of the screen, after exploring A LOT of corridors and getting more or less to the center of the bunker, I got an "exit" button and after clicking it, I got out and my statistics show 1 bunker discovered and 1 explored. I guess if you exit through the entrance you don't get it counted as explored.

Sylvain, I agree with drh in the sense that there has to be a reward or something for such an exploration. I've been a whole hour moving around corridors until I've found the exit. I need a motivation to do such an exploration, more than just "1 explored" :p Maybe you could find pieces of a map, and when you gather all of them you're given the coordinates of a level 30 system where you can buy a spaceship never seen before with 1000 cargo slots and fuel to travel 500LY without refueling or something like that.

5. drh1961

drh1961 Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2013
    #1305 drh1961, May 13, 2017
    Last edited: May 13, 2017
    You might be on to something here. I exited at the same point I entered the bunker. I did not think there would be another "true" exit further in.

Maybe that's my issue.

I also like your idea of the "super starship". I still am looking for the rumored level 29 and above star systems. I swear way back I did find a level 30 system once...

I'm still sticking around in the area I mapped, perhaps somewhere close by I'll find some 29s or better.

If anyone ever finds any please Give the coordinates, I will do the same.

6. marsaults

May 4, 2011
    Indeed, there are credits to pick up just under the exit, in a yellow little box. The amount is higher than those you find in other parts of the bunker. Did you miss the "pick up" button?
    However, i will introduce more interesting things, thanks for the suggestion.

7. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Pick up button? Gosh I didn't see that one in the whole hour of exploration! I'll pay more attention next time.

8. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I've been exploring 3 bunkers now. Did them quite faster than the first one, and used the "pick" button a lot :p The bunker exploration is a nice addition, but I think there should be a bigger reward than just coins. Maybe plans to build yourself an alien megaship...

9. marsaults

May 4, 2011
    I got it. I will add a lot of special items to collect.

10. Kainamor

Kainamor Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2015
    I am very heavy in space/sci-fi media. I never knew about this game but how could I not buy it spending the last hour reading this thread. The dev seems AMAZING. Can't wait to spend tomorrow diving into this game.

11. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    The dev doesn't seem amazing, he IS amazing. He listens to everyone here and tries to satisfy all our requests. This game is a product of love which goes well under the radar of many people. Going back to see if I can find the last coordinate of the 11th legendary system :p

12. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Hey Sylvain, the bunker counter is broken. It says I've discovered and explored one bunker, but I've already done 4.

13. marsaults

May 4, 2011
    Does it look like the bug concerning the number of missiles (stats are reset) ? Or the stats are not increased correctly?

14. marsaults

May 4, 2011
    Thanks Kainamor! I hope you will enjoy the game, i do my best for that!

15. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    They don't increase. They're both stuck in 1.

16. marsaults

May 4, 2011
    Even immediately after you just discovered a bunker (when the "bunker discovered" message appears) ? When you reload the game (before any new bunker discovery) , the counter values are 1?

17. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I'll try to find another one and let you know what happens.

18. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I discovered another one, and this time the counters worked. I got 2-1 and after I explored it, I got 2-2. I killed the game from the background and reloaded it. All good. Weird...

I also got the missile bug again. I stopped buying missiles because of it, but sometimes I get 1 missile "for free" when I begin a game. It's like if the game gave me the 1 missile that it gives you at the beginning.

Another bug: if you happen to lock onto a wormhole and go to another wormhole (not the locked one, but another in the surroundings) and enter it, when you get to the other side you get all the wormholes in the surroundings shown. It doesn't show you the locked wormhole at 5000LY, but all the ones <100LY from you. The lock square jumps from one wormhole to another. As soon as you unlock the wormhole, it disappears. This bug is good if you want to go on a wormhole jumping berserk, because it shows all. The thing is that you need 2 wormholes near enough to each other to lock one and enter the other, which is kind of difficult.

On a side note, can anyone please PM me the Z coordinate of Usaxes? I'm fed up of looking for it without success. I stopped finding legendary coordinates long ago. I don't know why, but monoliths don't give me this coordinate... :(

19. marsaults

May 4, 2011
    #1319 marsaults, May 15, 2017
    Last edited: May 15, 2017
    The wormholes bug seems very strange to me... I will try to reproduce it. Concerning the missile bug, you are true, it is probably the one missile you are given at the beginning (as if there was no valid value in the savegame file).
    Concerning the last legendary coordinate, i checked the code and saw a minor bug that possibly makes some coordinates very hard to find. If you are patient this will be fixed soon (which means you will have a 3% probability to get the last coordinate, for each monolith site discovery. Which may still seem to be long: you need to discover 20 new monolith sites to have a probability of 46% to get the missing coordinate). Or i PM you the coordinate, if you want!

By the way, and i think it will interest Drh too, i send bots to explore the galaxy and check if level 30 systems really exist. Some of them came back yesterday. The answer is yes! And some sectors have a lot of such systems (but such sectors are few)! I will find a way to allow players to find them.

20. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Fantastic, I'll wait for the fix then. As for level 30 systems, the coordinates for the sectors could be a great reward for exploring bunkers :)