Universal Stellar Horizon (by S.MARSAULT)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Feb 19, 2016.

1. tintin888

tintin888 Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2016
    Sylvain, anything you are working on currently or taking a break? If you are taking a break, know it is well deserved#

2. marsaults

marsaults Well-Known Member

May 4, 2011
    Hi Tintin!

i'm currently trying to implement some underground mazes you will be able to explore! Their entry will probably be present under ruins you sometimes discover.

3. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Sounds cool! I was missing an update for this one ;)

4. marsaults

May 4, 2011
    In progress.

Attached Files:

5. tintin888

Apr 18, 2016
    Sick!

6. marsaults

May 4, 2011
    Still in progress...:cool:

Attached Files:

7. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Textures look much better now. Is there any kind of loot or special finding in those mazes?

8. marsaults

May 4, 2011
    Not yet. Suggestions are welcome!

9. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Maybe coordinates to special sectors with level 35 space stations? :D

10. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    A whole bunch of clues that add up to some nifty back story, more clues, locations, a puzzle or two, even more clues and some sort of nifty hidden thing ala Echolon?

11. Modjular

Modjular Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2014
    Wow, just got back into this game and the updates are quite hefty.

I really like the idea buying stations, are there any tips for finding stations on sale or is it just random?

12. Mooro

Mooro Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Probably a stupid question but is there any story in this game? Or is it just endless missions? I am intrigued by it but I like a sense of progression in games.

13. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    It's random. The higher the level, the more expensive they are.

Story as such there is not too much. You have to find monoliths to learn alien words to understand aliens, and you have to find 11 legendary systems + a surprise when you find all, but there's no "get to the mysterious center of the galaxy" nor anything similar.

14. Mooro

Mooro Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Thanks for that :)

15. Ahyko

Ahyko New Member

May 2, 2017
    Hello there,

this game is brilliant. I've probably sunk 50 hours into this already and I think it's the definite freeform space sim experience for IOS.

There is just one thing about this game that annoys me ever since release and that is the map in closest zoom and the info it has. The import export lists constantly overlap, adding to this are all the lines leading to stars and when you are docked there is even the landing bay lights on the map. Plus the XYC axxis and the red lines. It's just a mess. One zoom out looks good, but is pretty much useless because it has only info on the level. Given that the map is such an important and central theme of a space sim, it's really a shame for an otherwise awesome game.

Maybe you just add which type of industry a planet is on the middle zoom map, like (a) for agriculturing (tf) for terraforming etc. This way I can see which goods are generally needed and when I need more info I can zoom in. But the middle zoom map should be the default map when opening nav in my opinion. It's just cleaner. But it needs a litte bit more info. For a trader, as it is now, it's just a bit frustrating.

Anyway, other than that you have created a wonderful game and it should get way more recognition than it does.

16. marsaults

May 4, 2011
    Hi Ahyko,

i'm glad that Stellar Horizon gave you hours of entertainment. Indeed, the map is far from being perfect. It's something i will try to change. For the moment i have a lot of work with the upcoming update!

17. tintin888

Apr 18, 2016
    Update is live! Awesome work Sylvain!

18. marsaults

May 4, 2011
    Thanks! Bunker exploration probably needs more gameplay elements, so feedbacks will be welcome!

19. drh1961

drh1961 Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2013
    Bunker

The bunker exploration is pretty cool. There goes another column for my mapping spreadsheet! Right now I can't find the way out of my first one. It's pretty huge.

Couple of things that might be easy to do.

Sidestep and/or a 180 degree turn around button.would make navigation easier.
    Can you track money earned from bunkers?

Other ideas

Maybe bunkers could contain rare/expensive stuff. Perhaps top tier weapons or missiles, maybe something entirely new.
    Access to some areas of bunker only given if you know a specific alien word...
    Or maybe only give additional access if you collected a certain amount of money in the bunker.
    Maybe there could be some missions where you get a specific thing from a bunker somewhere in a certain sector.
    Legendary bunkers with legendary stuff in them only found in the legendary systems.

Just some ideas. Now to find the way out....

20. drh1961

drh1961 Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2013
    So I explored quite a bit of my first bunker before finding my way back out. You really need to map them out on graph paper to find your way around.

It would be nice if you could see your entire path in the bunker, not just the dots limited to the radar screen. I'm thinking a toggle so you can see your entire dot trail when you would like. Also, maybe the exit dot should be a different color?

Also, it did not register as explored when I was finished. Do you need to explore the whole bunker before it registers?

Anyway, I like it so far...