Universal Stellar Horizon (by S.MARSAULT)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Peripatetic

Peripatetic Active Member

May 1, 2013
    When will solar systems become realistic? Is the following in the pipeline: solar systems with multiple orbiting planets and orbiting moons. ???

2. marsaults

marsaults Well-Known Member

May 4, 2011
    Shortly: when i have courage and time... Such an evolution is not simple and time consuming. I don't know when it will be done. But i'm unpredictable!

3. marsaults

May 4, 2011
    Release 1.0.96 in progress.
    New panels will be added to your cockpit, in order to have a quick look at your stats. Docks will include a screen to show you a real time snapshot of the planet surface before you land.

Attached Files:

4. tintin888

tintin888 Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2016
    oh my gosh that looks amazing! Im so hyped. Is that a person standing on the planet.........

5. tintin888

tintin888 Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2016
    On a side note, is anyone else's comment number stuck at 1175? Or is that just me#

6. marsaults

May 4, 2011
    Yes it is. But It is just an artwork.

7. drh1961

drh1961 Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2013
    #1267 drh1961, Mar 23, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
    Mapping

So I mapped 217 systems so far, three of them are wormholes. The second plot is the systems relation with the center of the galaxy(gray dot off all alone in the upper left of the plot)

Attached Files:

8. marsaults

May 4, 2011
    Impressive!! No level 29 systems found?

9. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    After 1319 planets discovered, and therefore 1319 space stations visited, I have to say I've never seen a level 29 system. The maximum system level I've found is 28...

10. drh1961

Feb 28, 2013
    #1270 drh1961, Mar 24, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2017

Not since I've started tracking. Not ever as far as I recall. 2018 systems discovered and I purchased 92 stations so far. Since I've started tracking and charting systems I've purchased about 25 stations. About 10 of these were from revisiting previous systems in this chart where stations were not for sale. So yeah, they definitely become available at different times.

It seems I may be in the right area where chances are pretty good. System level changes seem to be gradual. I'll definitely let you know if I find any 29s or higher...

11. drh1961

Feb 28, 2013
    Program crashes and Missile bug

Ok, I have a bit more information on the missile bug.

I get crashes every once in a while when taking off from planets, maybe since the last couple of updates.

I have the biggest ship, all 401 cargo spaces full and 30 of the best missiles.

One crash while taking off happened instantly when I took off and hit the skip button. Upon reload I only had one missile left.

I bought 29 more missiles, I had another crash taking off from the same planet(Ehferi. 774, -2384, -2912. Level 26)

This time there was a few second delay after hitting the skip button, this gave the game enough time to save. I did not lose any missiles this time.

Hope this helps.

12. marsaults

May 4, 2011
    Thanks Drh, i'll try to understand the bug.

13. eugenemcardle

eugenemcardle Well-Known Member

May 21, 2013
    Retired, Math/Science Teacher, Air Force Electron
    Redcliffe Queensland Australia
    This game just keeps getting better and better. Such dedication is rare and should be applauded. Makes it hard for me to ask if it would be possible to provide an option for a 2D map of the galaxy as I find the 3D map very confusing. My spatial awareness leaves much to be desired. Still my favourite space game out there. No pun intended.

14. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    There's a 2D map prior to getting to the 3D one. In fact I usually check that one to know where I am.

Update is live. The new icon looks very cool, and seeing your info on the side views is a nice addition which makes the app hull look more realistic.

15. drh1961

Feb 28, 2013
    #1275 drh1961, Apr 1, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
    Question on fighting pirates, rebels etc.

Hi marsaults,

So I have a question regarding space battles. Every once in a while I get attacked by various pirates or rebels and if I retaliate it is almost like the pirates decide they are outmatched and go "no way, I'm getting the hell out of here!" So they break off and then I can go about my business.

This can happen in about 1 in 25 or 30 space battles

It's kind of cool to see, but I'm wondering how you handle that or if it is random.

I'm still sticking to the same area of the galaxy, I still have not found any systems above level 28. Has anyone found any 29s or above yet?

16. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Not yet. 28 is my maximum level found. And I'm still missing the last legendary coordinate. Therefore I'm still out of luck...

17. drh1961

Feb 28, 2013
    If you want I can give you the coordinate. Just tell me the two coordinates you have and I can give you the last one through private message.

If you don't want it , I understand. I probably would not want it...

:D

18. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Nah, thanks a lot, but I'd rather find it myself. I want to find that cool place you can go when you have visited all the legendary systems by myself :) I'll let you know when I find it ;)

19. marsaults

May 4, 2011
    Hi Drh,

In fact, i don't remember having implemented such a behaviour! Maybe they have taken another target? In my mind, this may happen only if someone else shoots them. I have to check how it works.

Concerning the possibility of level 29 systems, it's theoretically possible. I will try to simulate milllion systems to have a definitive answer!

20. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Now that you mention it yes, this is what happens: you get attacked, you can't go to the space station because you have to destroy them first, but all of a sudden they get attacked and hit by another spaceship. As soon as they are hit, they forget you and go attack the other ship. Unless you hit them again, which makes them go for you again (and hence can't get to the space station until you destroy them).

Level 29, the new legendary systems yet to be found :D