iPad STEINS;GATE EN (by 5pb.Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Dimaya

Dimaya Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2012
    I hate that the icon has an HD over one of the corners on the icon lol. I'm at Chapter 1, as I just completed the prologue. This will be my first time experiencing Steins;Gate outside the pilot episode of the anime. I love the art and I love the voice acting, the music and the features in here.

But am I supposed to not be controlling the phone myself yet? Or will the possibility to make choices on saiid phone happen later?

2. Robbie1350

Robbie1350 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2014
    USA
    Hi everyone I wanna get the game but idk which version to get I have a iPhone 6s and a iPad mini with Retina display and I checked on the App Store on my phone the graphics look a whole lot better on there than on TouchArcade

3. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Can confirm it works on ios10
    So that's good :)
    I am pretty sure 10 won't have the issues 9 had as they will try not to repeat that mistake but anyways can say it's fine

4. DenzilofDojima

Sep 20, 2013
    United Kingdom
    #44 DenzilofDojima, Sep 8, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
    Ah, Steins Gate, easily one of the finest visual novels of all time. It's a slow burn for sure and many people give up before the first chapter is done. It's hard to talk about too much without spoiling anything so I'll just say this;

If you enjoy anime, manga or just a really good tale you should give this a try. If you enjoyed games like Hotel Dusk or Ace Attorney you will probably enjoy this (though it's even less interactive than those 2 games). If you enjoy visual novels this is a no brainer.

I have it for the Vita but if I didn't I wouldn't hesitate to drop £18.99 on this (or around $24 I guess). If you do buy it, please, stick with it. The rewards are great!

For those wondering about the gameplay be aware, this 95% non interactive reading. Yeah, you can play with your phone a bit and this is also involved in the key moments you can make decisions to branch the story but these moments are rare and pretty obvious (apart from the "true ending" which is rather complex to achieve).

"el psy kongroo"

5. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Thanks for Sharing and without spoiling!

6. Moshfosh

Moshfosh Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2013
    What is this gypsy magic? I swear I've played this game on my phone before

7. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Played a bit. Can confirm. Is amazing.

10/10 recommended to everyone. Recommended to anyone who loves reading good stories. Loves Japanese animation. Or just loves interactive novels. Please buy this game and show the app store that we want more!

8. spader623

spader623 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2014
    I'd highly recommend going through all the endings. While not are impactful, they all.. Focus on specific charactersz

9. tekchic

tekchic Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Female
    Software Developer
    Phoenix, AZ
    What platform do you guys think would be more enjoyable? I have a Vita but have never played this one or seen the anime. Been wanting to get into this one for awhile.

iPhone, iPad, or Vita?

10. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I say go with iPhone. Sure, reading in general is more comfortable on iPad, but considering the battery consumption of the app is rather incredible and your phone is surely with you at all times, it's perfect to pull out at any time, spend a few minutes with, save and move along.

Also, in case anyone was wondering, the game has iCloud support. Whether or not it works with the iPad version or vice versa, I have no idea though.

11. tekchic

tekchic Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Female
    Software Developer
    Phoenix, AZ
    Thanks! I was wondering about iCloud support too, I am still tinkering with the idea of jumping to the 7+. This is the first preorder night I've decided to "wait and see" on in years. :)

12. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    Do we get several really different stories and experiences with this or really just a number of different conclusions?

13. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    So far really good. Very very little battery drain, sharp graphics with the iPhone, all Japanese VA, all the basic options are accessible. Nothing to complain about at all really (maybe the music resetting when you go to the mini menu).

14. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    Played on pc but never got past the first act
    Downloading the iphone version now

15. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos

16. CrayonWarrior

CrayonWarrior Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 9, 2014
    Great southern land
    I would get this, but 39 Dollars in Australia??

17. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    What's with wanting Japanese voice with English subs? Is the experience really better this way? Just interested in why.

18. Exuare

Exuare Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016
    For me it feels more in tune with the visuals. I do the same thing with watching the Attack on Titan
    series

19. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    #59 metalcasket, Sep 9, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
    I feel like English dubs take away from the authenticity of the experience. Not to mention most of the time (even with great talent), they feel forced and unnatural. With movies I can understand why someone wouldn't want to read subtitles for a couple of hours (though I wouldn't be caught dead watching a foreign movie/anime dubbed), but with this in particular, it's a visual novel...reading is kind of, y'know...expected?

20. Exuare

Exuare Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016
    #60 Exuare, Sep 9, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2016
    Exactly this.

I'm from The Netherlands so everything is subbed here, I'm used to it