iPad STEINS;GATE EN (by 5pb.Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Good thinking cuz they will refund you! And then you can buy it again on iPad good move

2. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    There will also be an iPad-exclusive Steins;Gate HD EN, which costs the same price. Both editions require iOS 8.0 or higher, and the former an iPhone 4, iPod Touch 5G, iPad 2, iPad Mini, or higher

It's real just not sure why it didn't come out at same time it should have

3. Dimaya

Dimaya Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2012
    Hmm, hopefully it'll come out later today. I can't wait to play it. It's also my first VN to go through.

But please let us know in here when the HD app has been released. :)

4. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I'm really happy to support this because I absolutely LOVE Japanese visual novels. Japan iOS (and Google) app store have gotten a lot of older visual novel ports that will generally never be made into English. Japan even has Fate Stay Night on iOS! I hope more flood over here after Stein's Gate. Can't wait to play this after work :)

5. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    100 percent agree and hope more make it over I want Corpse Party Book of Shadows English
    i have zero complaints! Would buy it again tomorrow, about to take my break from work for an hour and i will be playing this.

6. Poo

Poo Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2013
    This looks super sweet, I don't usually buy these types of games but if they come out with an HD version then I'll pick this up when I have the money

7. Milotorou

Milotorou Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    I would take a life to have Fate/Stay Night in english on my phone.

Im that addicted to Fate...

8. dedyp79

dedyp79 Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2013
    HD Ipad version out now!

9. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    HD version is out now so go buy :)

10. Dimaya

Dimaya Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2012
    Thank you guys for notifying the rest of us. Very kind of you. :)

Already bought and installed lol.

11. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    #31 Dailon80, Sep 8, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
    You got the HD version now?
    the story gets me every time... I love it
    Anime series too

12. spader623

spader623 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2014
    Keep in mind that the game takes some time to get going. Chapter 5 is when it does, at a specific point... That point, which you'll know, is when things start getting REAL good.

13. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    The HD version linked in the article (both to follow and to the App Store are NOT the English versions. The app name is Steins;Gate EN HD and the price is the same as the iPhone version (24.99).

14. diffusion8r

diffusion8r Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    The post was updated a bit ago to show the English versions. Having multiple versions, both of which have English descriptions on the App Store, definitely doesn't help when writing about this game!

15. M0rdresh

M0rdresh New Member

Aug 13, 2016
    Belgium
    Not being universal is a deal-breaker for me

16. Dimaya

Dimaya Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2012
    Yeah I bought it. Just waiting for my refund of the iPhone app now.

17. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Primarily a novel? Choose your own adventure type? What is the gameplay like? I watch some YouTube but it was just reading what was on the screen. This game interests me, just want a better sense of what I'd be getting. I'm not familiar with it at all.

18. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    What kills me about this entire release is I thought 5pb didn't do universal releases, but lo and behold there are various STEINS;GATE releases that are universal. I get that the original version of this may have been in the pipeline first, but damn...

19. hoodwinkedfool

hoodwinkedfool Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2011
    Woah! Steins;Gate is probably one of the best visual novels out there and probably the funniest. I had no idea this was coming out. If I didn't already own it on Vita I would totally pick this up.
    It does take a looooong time to get going. Like, you won't be making any meaningful decisions until about 6-7 hours into the game... but that isn't what the game is about. It's hard to explain.
    It is really really funny and well written.
    One thing I can't tell though, does it have the original Japanese voice options? The main actor in that is AMAZING and really sells the role.

20. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I just got back from work so I'll post my impressions in a few hours after I eat.

And let's not try to spoil the people that haven't read the novel / watched the anime yet, so if anyone is discussing the game story itself lets make sure to use those spoiler tags :)

I saw there were a bunch of spin offs on the app store already translated into Korean. Let's hope those get turned into English sooner than it took this English port to release.

As a side note, I don't really like the choice of the icon - you can see the side stories have way better icons using Huke's gorgeous art. This one looks rather plain..