Universal Steelbound Sky - SHMUP x Wind Control Mechanics | OUT NOW!

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by witherwood, Feb 29, 2016.

1. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Alright after reading this thread I'm in. It's downloading now. I just have to try this one.

If nothing else I have to beat Qwertz's scores.

Hehehe

Billy

2. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Oh, and on the other 4th or 5th stage...
    The electrical maze was changing constantly. I managed to direct the one or another bullet through it and to the boss (whew, what a task) until the maze stopped changing. Maybe only one last projectile needed to beat him if my guess is right?
    Or is it a bug?

Attached Files:

3. Qwertz555

May 22, 2010
    Lol, good luck on your mission, soldier!

You know there is no GC, and unfortunately there is also no score stats for each level or parts until you beat the game. I just found out. At least i don't have a shown score in my in-game leaderboards.

4. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    My Gamecenter is broken anyways lol

This game is fantastic. It really is. I'm playing level 3 right now. It's intense. The gameplay mechanic is just great!

Billy

5. David1886

David1886 Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2015
    Pretty unique game with interesting mechanics.
    Solid 4/5 from me.

6. witherwood

witherwood Well-Known Member

Feb 29, 2016
    I will send you a PM. Aha...you may be the first customer to ever beat the game. I am currently trying to implement leaderboards and achievements via Game Center though I can't promise that it's definite.

7. witherwood

Feb 29, 2016
    Yes you were very close to winning. I am proud of you! :D

8. witherwood

Feb 29, 2016
  9. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I'm not. I'm working at playing catch up. No way is he gonna beat it first.

Hehe

Someone trip his ass up please. I'm gonna have to cheat.

Billy

10. witherwood

Feb 29, 2016
    I just replayed the last level today... You better have saved a lot of your lives... the last level is still intense for me, and I know every trick in the book! ;)

11. witherwood

Feb 29, 2016
    I can say it looks like leaderboards via game center will be coming to the next update. I've got the basics down and it's in the game at the moment. So things are looking good.

12. witherwood

Feb 29, 2016
    If you want to see how I play the game with dev commentary, here is playthrough of level 6. I guess if you don't want spoilers of the enemies and the patterns don't watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGGwp-hPT-c

13. witherwood

Feb 29, 2016
  14. witherwood

Feb 29, 2016
    As I am working on the next update, I am also including some balance changes to make the game a bit more friendly. Are there any requests or balances people want?

15. Gamer1st

Gamer1st Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2013
    None. But I dream about being able to work again.
    USA
    Posted in the wrong spot the first time...
    How long have you been working on this and are you making what you consider decent money for your effort?
    The money part I ask because I hate to see so many people work so hard on a game and yet never seem to make a decent amount back for their effort.

16. witherwood

Feb 29, 2016
    "Posted in the wrong spot the first time...
    How long have you been working on this and are you making what you consider decent money for your effort?
    The money part I ask because I hate to see so many people work so hard on a game and yet never seem to make a decent amount back for their effort."

Hello,

I've been working on this full time for about a year. However the project started quite a long time ago. There is some good detail about the dev process here:

https://patrickelumba.wordpress.com/portfolio/steelbound-sky/

Atm the game is selling very poorly. I think its a combination of things, but one of the main reasons may be it's aimed for gamers who want a challenge, and not people who want to be food fed everything. Another reason is simply that of exposure but I'm trying to do what I can for marketing.

With the some handful of players I have I will be trying to address their concerns the best I can with another update.

17. witherwood

Feb 29, 2016
  18. witherwood

Feb 29, 2016
    Some information about the next version that I have already worked into the game:

Version 2.0 Notes

Features

-Added Achivements
    -Added Leaderboards for each Level for both standard and normal mode
    -Added Local Highscores for Each Level for both standard and normal mode
    -Added tally for Level score for each level
    -Level names and Parts will show at the beginning of each level
    -Added ability for player's to "end game" and then submit highscores after a continue countdown
    -Added mode to allow players to replay levels they have already defeated

Balance

-Increased Wind Length
    -Increased time wind stream survives
    -Increased curvature of wind stream so players can now draw wide curves by default.
    -Increased player Health generally for upgraded health and non upgraded health by about 33%
    -Doubled amount of health repaired by a Health Drop
    -Slowed down heavy projectiles by 500 Unreal Units (for Juggeranught and HeavyGunner)
    -Slowed down heavy projectile by 1000 Unreal untis for Steelbug
    -Increased Lightning strike distasnce for hitting the steelbug by 100
    -Increased Length upgrade by 500 Unreal units

Bugs

-Fixed lives Bug when entering endless or boss rush mode
    -Fixed issue where city level incorrectly being displayed
    -Fixed issue with Patterns in Endless mode
    -Fixed issue so that Level Bonuses are split between Level Parts
    -Spelt Guardian Mode Properly
    -Fixed issue where ability buttons were not being shown in endless and bossrush mode
    -Fixed Highscore displayed when using a resolution using black bars in hard mode
    -Moved the time counter in bossrush a bit more to the left in order to fit longer times

19. Qwertz555

May 22, 2010
    WOW ^^^ what a list above.

I'll give it another go as soon as the update hits, because i admit that i quit after some effortless attempts. Simply couldn't beat that dizzy boss. Not once.

From the game selling point probably a wrong wish/advice, but take your precious time to do it right and with calm. Looking very forward. A fan.

20. witherwood

Feb 29, 2016
    aha. Well I'm thinking about giving more clues to the player to defeat that boss.

If I had a choice I would spend the next few months making the game a lot better. I'll do what I can. The good part about having a very small fanbase is that I can respond to most issues people have with updates. Eg Leaderboards was requested by multiple people so I decided to add that in.

Im also looking into adding an auxiliary level between the first level and Level 2/3. People are finding that the game increases in difficulty a bit too quickly...adding a new level might address that issue. It will take a while but it is very much possible.

Anyways thanks for your comments. You are probably the game's biggest fan! I hope you will be the first person to beat the game! :D