Universal SteamWorld Quest (by Image & Form International AB)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Brightsiderus, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    totally agree with you, this guys did an excellent work on both SteamWorld games.

maybe i just can report a small flaw: maps should be accessible from the main screen, ‘cause as it is now, it’s annoying to go to the options every time you need to check them.

2. I really enjoyed the game. Nth seems to bother me except the dialogues. I couldn’t help skipping most of them. Other than that, for me there’s nothing to complain about.

3. Rocksaint

Rocksaint Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Ah. I didn’t know we could even see the map. Haha. Didn’t bother me though. Still, thanks for the info. :)

Gwarmaxx likes this.
  4. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Dialogue is what I constantly grapple with on whether to even start or just continue “RPGs” in general. On the one hand I really like the notion of a fictional world setting, but on the other hand too many RPGs go on and on with pointless inter-character banter that for me adds nothing but frustration when trying to just see the plot actually move.

5. For me, the game mechanics is 8.5/10. But for story, it’s 3 or lower cos I barely read any. My justification for that is it wasn’t working for me. Take WitchSpring2 for an example. Although the story and dialogues didn’t feel special at all, they managed to keep me entertained and immersed from start to finish. Lots of fun.

6. ThirdMoon

ThirdMoon Well-Known Member

May 21, 2014
    Currently on sale (£9.99 -> £6.99)

ste86uk likes this.
  7. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I haven’t had time for this yet but I’ll grab it now while the sale is on. I was coming here to post the same thing.

8. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Really liking this so far, I’m guessing it saves every time you go to a new screen and not just when your at a statue? I completed the first chapter and only got 67% of the treasure so I’m replaying it again now to see what I could have possibly missed, one was hidden by a bush but it seems like not much gives you a visual clue? Any tips for finding all the treasure on any chapter if there’s a common theme of things to watch out for?

Only waited for a sale because I have so much to play already but it’s definitely worth it’s price. As others said I loved Hiest and it does make me concerned as I like to know a dev will update a game or even possibly add new content so I’m going to try and just be happy and consider it a single experience that will never likely be added to even if they do on other systems.

9. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    A very sensible (though unfortunate) way to approach any game released on mobile these days. I must follow suit.

ste86uk likes this.
  10. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
  11. elcrazy

elcrazy Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2017
    Another game I’m not sure how I missed. So I have steamworld heist and I did like it. But stopped playing pretty early in. Wanted to Play more but never did.
    Now I love slay the spire and Night of the full moon. That being said I’m not much into stories. I usually just click through as fast as possible. Will this game still be enjoyable if I end up doing that ? Is there a ton of story ? I may try it but even if good I can’t take too much story in games these days lol. I read a ton and watch enough I’m good for stories lol. This looks like I may love it though. Thoughts ? So many in here I know I can trust 100% lol.

12. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Wanted to bump for the sale and love

For anyone who’s been on the fence about this amazing game…here’s your sale! $3 for this is an absolute steal! Easily a 20hr campaign with a New Game+ feature and an end game Arena you can fight in for super goodies if you want a challenging ride. They have rounds with certain things blocked out so you can’t use them like healing and the such for added ass whooping.
    Overall excellent game and for $3 an amazing $vs time value. Beat it on Switch in just under 25 hours and got it now on iPhone cause why not support what you enjoy playing

13. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Indeed a very good price!! I had wishlisted too in Switch but I played it in iPad :) .
    The only thing that I disliked was in the end of the game with buffs and debuffs etc. Apart from this, it is a great game.

14. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I think this is the cheapest it’s ever been at 0.99 for this, which is a steal by anyone’s standards.

So if you never got around to adding this to your backlog now is most certainly the time.