Universal SteamWorld Heist (By Image & Form)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Nope. With 5 difficulty levels, the game can be found challenging (or easy) for all skill levels.

2. BlueTrin

BlueTrin Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    You can change the difficulty levels at any point for any mission. The hard ones are pretty severe.

3. pepsodont

pepsodont Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2014
    I too began on phone and love to play on iPad :/

4. BC1377

BC1377 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2016
    Bought the game and loving it already xD but still waiting for the DLC update xD

5. brjann

brjann Member

Feb 23, 2011
    1. Hopefully! :)
    2. You can actually shoot their hats off, but the hit box is extremely small. I *think* getting a trajectory that goes from below, letting the bullet catch the front of the hat, does the trick. But it's hard! :)

6. brjann

brjann Member

Feb 23, 2011
    Well, let's just say we're really motivated to do that now! But remember that SteamWorld Dig relies quite heavily on platforming. If you guys could help me come up with examples of platformers that work *really* well with touch input, I'd be most grateful and *will* check them out. Remember that there are quite a few other things that must work: steam jumping, digging, etc.

7. twalkabout

twalkabout Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 12, 2008
    New Game+ Question?

Just finished the game, Experienced difficulty, took 23h for me. Amazing game!

Question about New Game+
    Does it reset all your characters to level 1 and you just redo the game keeping the hats, or do you keep your levels/abilities/equipment/characters and go on to next difficulty level? I'd like to explore the other characters, but it'd be a lot easier to level them up now by just bringing a low level character along and replay a mission. I could also just redo the missions at a higher difficulty. Basically what is the advantage to replaying as a New Game+ vs just replaying the missions on my own?

Some people were asking about final loadouts.
    Spoiler alert regarding some equipment etc:
    I basically just used the first 4/5 characters I found. I didn't really find the sniper guns where you couldn't shoot after moving very useful so didn't really try out Valentine yet.

My final loadout with weapons were:

Sally Bot: Blaster MkII
    Gabriel "Seabrass" Stubb: Disruptor Shotgun MkII
    Bogdan "The Great" Ivanski: Vectron Beam
    Capt. Piper Faraday: Scoped Spectral Cannon

I had the same equipment for everyone once I could afford it: Vectron Skin and Radioactive Bullets, except for Bogdan who I don't think the radioactive bullets would add a bonus since it was a beam weapon so I used the Jump Pack. Vectron Beam was awesome because it would go through the energy shields so you could take out the shield generators. Best ability I've found so far is Sally's Kill Shot (I think it basically makes her the most powerful character) followed by Piper's Area Repair.

8. brjann

brjann Member

Feb 23, 2011
    Hope I'm not doing this wrong or offending anyone by answering one question after another this way! :) Like I just answered another fellow, bringing Dig to iOS suddenly became very interesting! SteamWorld Dig relies quite heavily on platforming; if you could help me find iOS platformers that work *really* well with touch input, I'd be very grateful and *will* check them out.

9. brjann

brjann Member

Feb 23, 2011
    Hi! In NG+ you have *all characters* from the start (and hats! yes!), which means that you can assemble your teams in radically different ways from the outset. Personally I get to spend much more time with Billy, whose magnificent melee skills are even more useful among Scrappers and Royalists. :)

10. brjann

brjann Member

Feb 23, 2011
    It'll be $9.99 and equivalent.

11. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    brjann, awesome work on the game - instaclassic.

you know what? we need the DLC NOW!

12. brjann

brjann Member

Feb 23, 2011
    Hahaha! :D Yep, we'll need to look into that. Cheers!

13. N2L

N2L Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2015
    Seconded.

14. Alex Wolf

Alex Wolf Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    Thirded

15. Shkrbby

Shkrbby Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2015
    Fourthed

16. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Thanks for visiting the thread!

Is there any chance you could work on reducing the game's battery consumption? Or getting some kind of "low power consumption" mode in? Since I enjoy playing on the go, battery drain sometimes becomes a big issue and I can't play this one as much. Thanks a lot!

17. Warriv

Warriv Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 21, 2015
    Portugal
    Hey brjann, welcome, and thanks for stopping by. First of all, congrats on a really great game, loving it so far, though I'm taking it slowly. Playing on Veteran for my first play through, and it's a fair challenge without being frustrating. Also love your company's name, smart and rememberable.

I watched a few videos of your other game, "Steamworld Dig", and it does seem like a cool concept, though I'm more of a fan of the "Heist" kind of gameplay. I'd probably play it anyway, since I'm digging :)p) the universe you created and would like to know more about it.

Anyway, since you asked about platformers on iOS, my particular favorites would be "Goblin Sword", by Gelato Games, which was built for iOS, and "Dust: An Elysian Tail", by genius developer Dean Dodrill, which is a port of an X-Box game. There are more, but these two will always have a special place in my heart (especially the latter), and play really well with touch controls, even if both support mfi controllers.

Hope you guys have a lot of success, the love you put in your game really comes through, and we definitely appreciate this kind of experience on iOS :)

18. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Goblin Sword and Dust are absolutely outstanding iOS platformer examples. I would also add Swordigo.

19. Gambler

Gambler Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    Ok, so I'm not the only one then. Imo queen was by way the hardest fight in the whole game (only one I toned down the difficulty for after two deaths).

I played the final boss with the group I played most of the time (all maxed out to level 10):
    - Piper with Scoped Spectral Cannon MkIII (normal sharpshooter weapon where you still can move after shooting, 11 dmg, 2 crit), utilities: Speedboots Mk III & Exoskeleton
    - Payroll with Corona Repeater, Vectron Skin & Vectron sidearm
    - Ivanski with Vectron Beam (the Rare Heavy piercing weapon), Speedboots MkIII and radioactive bullets
    - Valentin with Death Ray (rare sharpshooter weapon with dmg 12 & 6 crit where you couldn't shoot after moving), Vectron Skin and Spareparts Tier 9 (free action 5 heal)

This was basically the party I mostly used. Some of the utilities are interchangeable. I found Payroll to be superior to the other short range fighters (because of his better moving range), Ivanski was my lifesaver in some levels with his "tank" ability (every opponent shooting at him w/o him taking damage). Sharpshooters were my favorite class anyway and Valentin with his Focus ability (more damage when you didn't move) was predestined for the "not allowed to shoot after moving" sniper weapons - By far my best dmg dealer (provided you find a good cover spot so he doesn't have to move all to often) - With 75 % crit chance, Focus and Pipers Inspire ability being able to deal 20+ damage.

I sometimes liked to mix it up with Billy (the blub whale) but he just had the disadvantage that you basically h a d to give him melee plus utilities (while I could choose more freely for the others), so he had a pretty weak moving range and I still ended up having to use his pistol mostly. Also a lot of opponents were flying in the last world (so impossible to melee them).

Which party did you use?

20. ZorakZoran

ZorakZoran Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2010
    France
    I'm sorry to insist, but is iCloud considered?