Universal SteamWorld Heist (By Image & Form)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Nov 10, 2016.

1. GUILTIE

GUILTIE Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    #121 GUILTIE, Nov 13, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
    Not only is this game of the quality/fun factor to deserve the cost, it also is sufficient in length. 10+ hours of game play. Honestly, this is the most fun I've had on iOS in a while. Additionally I am an MFi user and have not purchased games in the past because they do not support it, but this really is not a game that needs MFi.

Also, I talked to the dev on Reddit. This is what he/she said about iCloud and the DLC:
    "Hi there! DLC may be added later, we released to fit into Apple's "Pay once and play" category, where DLC isn't "allowed". :) We're also investigating iCloud save to see if we can implement it, if we can find someone to help us - we're ridiculously swamped with stuff right now."

I told him/her to stop by the forums!

2. cadillackills

cadillackills Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2015
    I'm a huge advocate of MFi, but this game was made for touch. Please buy this and enjoy a beautiful experience! Cheers for all of you guys convincing me. Thx devs!

3. Rawk GWJ

Rawk GWJ Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2014
    One thing that might help with long distance trick shots would be pinch zooming.

4. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Totally hope they add iCloud support since it would be the perfect game to implement it on.... well I believe all universal games should have iCloud as sometimes we want to game on the iPhone and other times on the ipad...

Love this game! It's been an amazing year for mobile gaming. This is probably one of my top 3 iOS games ever. I'm only a bit sad that I don't want it to end. Even though it has up to 15 hours of content. I still fear it ending to soon! Haha

5. Rawk GWJ

Rawk GWJ Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2014
    #125 Rawk GWJ, Nov 13, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
    Some games do drop in price rather quickly. But not all games. You shouldn't hold your breath, waiting for this game to price drop. It's not that kind of game.

Edit: Case in point: Crashlands. It launched in January for $4.99. It's still $4.99 and has never been discounted. It's user rating on TA is incredibly positive.
    End edit.

Don't hold your breath for MFI support either. Once again, it's not that kind of game.

What type of game is it? A fully featured, AAA, premium gaming experience for iOS.

6. BlueTrin

BlueTrin Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Finally a game without IAP and not ridden with ads.

If you have some money and like full featured games, buy this.

Just finished it, it was enjoyable.

7. Shkrbby

Shkrbby Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2015
    This game DOESNT need controller support. It's been optimised for touchscreen. For Allahs sake.

8. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Exactly. Some games are designed for a touch screen and would feel clumsy with a controller.

I don't know why some people are so whiny about MFi for mobile gaming. If you want to play games with a controller so bad, go buy a console.

Mobile did just fine before the addition of controllers and still are not a requisite for MOBILE game experiences.

In other news, just finished my play through on Veteran. About 20 hours. The game is totally worth the price of admission and I'd happily have spent more to play it. Off to new game plus now.

Anyone care to share what party they used to beat the game?

9. Gambler

Gambler Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    #129 Gambler, Nov 14, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
    Lol, felt exactly the same. Enjoyed the game so much from the beginning on, didn't want it to end. Also thought, there's only the first world.

I played quite a few levels twice to gain more sweet loot, water galons and for leveling up other members of my party. Just finished yesterday (sad face) and according to the save file my playthrough lasted over 42 hours! That's what I call extrememly low priced fun - I mean seriously where else can you have such a good time for a charge of 16 cents per hour?

We're so lucky to get such low priced games on the mobile platforms and some people are still complaing about 7 dollars like they'd have to put on a mortgage for their house (of course there's a difference when someone just can't afford it). I blame this ridiculous mindset for Plants vs Zombies 2 (amongst lots of others) going Free to Play and being much more expensive and much less fun as a result.

Also, Mfi support would be a horrible idea for this game. With a controller gameplay would be very akward and cumbersome. UI and the touch controls are perfectly translated for mobile.

Out of curiosity: Anybody else who found the final boss fight being quite a bit easier than the one against the queen?

10. brjann

brjann Member

Feb 23, 2011
    Wow, what a response!

Hi, Brjann here from Image & Form - the guys behind SteamWorld Heist. I'm thrilled to see all the positivity posted here - we're not used to all the praise I guess! :) If you've got friends who are still on the fence about the game, getting it now is probably a good thing. The price will go up on Thursday November 17.

If you have any questions about the game or us, please fire away. I'm here to serve you.

11. maxbrickem

maxbrickem Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    I didn't pick this up on steam despite all the positive reviews, and I decided to give it a chance on mobile. WOW! is all I can say. This game is so fun. It plays perfectly and is soooo fun I'm going to have to get this on steam and play it on my PC as well! I've died twice now and lost half of my steam each time...that hurt a lot, but enjoying the challenge.

12. fatkit

fatkit Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Hi Dev, I must say this is a real nice gem, my GOYT for sure. One question, is there any chance that you guys will port SteamWorld Dig over to the IOS? Thanks and I hope you do very good on the release.

13. Gambler

Gambler Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    #133 Gambler, Nov 14, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
    Are you kidding? An iAP free masterpiece like this for mobile - You deserve all the praise you get.

Just searched for Steamworld Dig (your signature made me curios) and obviously the game got great reviews too (so you should be used to some amounts of praise at least by now ;) )

I know it's from 2013 but a(n action-adventure) platformer sounds great too, especially in this cool universe. Any plans to bring that game to iOS too one day or are you waiting how the SW Heist port will play out regarding sales before deciding your next steps on mobile?

14. giling

giling Active Member

Aug 12, 2016
    how much the price will go up on nov 17?

15. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Agreed. This game feels right on a touch screen, MFi doesn't lend itself to this.

I also found the queen waaay harder than the final boss. Not looking forward to our next show down.

Can I ask what your party consisted of for the final boss?

16. ZorakZoran

ZorakZoran Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2010
    France
    Is iCloud support considered? Or any other way to transfer saves between devices? I started on my iPhone, but would really, really like to play on my ipad without starting the game from scratch...

17. HippoHumper

HippoHumper Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2013
    Apologies if this has been asked already but has there been any word on the DLCs coming to the iOS version? I just saw some gameplay of Fen, a DLC exclusive character and I really need him in my crew now!

18. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    I second the iCloud and DLC questions!

19. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    After the first SteamWorld game, do we ever get any closure on the story?

Also, how do you get the hat off the explosive melee guys with the axe?

20. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    I tend to like challenging games, would you say this one is a little too easy ?