Universal SteamWorld Heist (By Image & Form)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Alex Wolf

Alex Wolf Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    Forget it , with this one, definitely not!!!

2. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    And even if it did, I wouldn't regret having paid full price for it.

3. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Thank you for a future of free to play games.

4. N2L

N2L Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2015
    I doubt that is going to happen for this one. The game is well-established in other platforms and the dev's previous games have been high quality thus far making it unlikely that they would need to resort to price drop/freemium shenanigans.

5. N2L

N2L Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2015
    Haha that would be the worst of all potential future dystopias.

6. Press2Play

Press2Play Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Bussinessman
    Philippines
    Username checks out!!!

7. Warriv

Warriv Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 21, 2015
    Portugal
    Hey man, far from me to tell what to do, but as someone who owns an MFi controller, this game definitely doesn't need one. It'd be akin to playing X-Com with a controller, it works, but touch screen just feels much better. Especially with the manual aiming.

Not only that, but unless you played this game before, you're missing out on an excellent game, production values are through the roof here. The game oozes charm all over, while giving you a compelling and replayable campaign. And you get to shoot hats off of people's (well, robot's) head!

8. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    ^ it's the truth, and nothing but the truth. This ain't no gunslinging side scrolling shmup. Every shot is placed with tactics and touch screen is where it's at

9. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Since this has been out for a good while already, does anyone know how the battery drain is while using the app? Some people mentioned it earlier but not recently.

I would think it shouldn't drain much battery from the screenshots but maybe there's so much going on in the background that it might be the case.

10. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    I'm playing on an iPad Air 2 and have not noticed any particular battery drain issues.
    HTH

11. Gambler

Gambler Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    Ipad Air and the game drains my battery pretty darn fast. It's usually pretty rare I notice something like this because I mostly play at home with the tablet plugged in but here it really caught my eye how quickly I lose battery life while playing on the go.

But if I had known beforehand I'd still have bought the game. I love TA for bringing these great Steam ports to my attention I'd otherwise never have come across. This already is in my Top 3 of iOS favorites.

And the price is a steal. At first I thought this could be a shorter affair (didn't realize there were multiple areas to explore) but now I'm already 27 hours in (died a few times on highest difficulty - mostly after silly mistakes - and played some levels multiple times with different teams but not excessively) and only just started with world 3.

Can't recommend this gem enough! (I'm still hoping there'll be an update for decreasing the battery drain though)

12. Prhaber

Prhaber Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    I haven't actually noticed by obvious battery drain at all - and I'm playing on a four year old first gen iPad mini. I was amazed that the game plays on my device at all, but in fact it runs like clockwork, very smooth and polished. What with that and the fact that it doesn't seem to take up too much space on my iPad (227mb) and, of course, the fact it's an amazingly fun game, I can see this game being on my device for a long time.

13. senkoujin

senkoujin Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2013
    It's not wasting money!

It is certainly not a waste of money no matter when you make a purchase. If this has a price drop or goes free anytime soon, I would have no choice but to punch the dev in the face; not because I already paid full price for the game, but because this game DESERVES to be paid for in full.

14. Remote_

Remote_ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 26, 2011
    UK
    An outstanding game in every way.

Gameplay, visuals, audio - so many great touches.

And it's just plain fun, and I'm not a massive turn-based fan really.

Superb.

15. gearkin

gearkin Active Member

Aug 8, 2014
    It might just be me. But besides icloud. I feel like this game needs a wheel of some sort to aim. I get caught in situations where I have to look in the directions I want to aim but where I want to aim isn't near the enemy because of the wall bounce and it becomes very tricky to see. It's hard to explain but it becomes very frustrating when trying to make a trick shot. Or maybe just an up and down button to aim.
    Otherwise this game is just amazing

16. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Same here - Air 2 and nothing that I've noticed.

17. Shkrbby

Shkrbby Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2015
    Quit being cheapskates. Purchase this game immediately and support the devs.

18. Exuare

Exuare Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016
    I'd like to second this! What a GREAT game! Love it

19. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    #119 Lickzy, Nov 13, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
    I hate cheap people and those needing MFI to purchase a game.

20. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    It doesn't make sense playing this game with MFi. It was built for touch or a mouse. Using a joypad is simply ridiculous here.