Universal SteamWorld Heist (By Image & Form)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    #21 Misguided, Nov 10, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2016
    Liking it so far. Looks good. Sucks battery. Tutorial could be a bit more elaborate. Everything seems to work great, though.

2. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    #22 currymutton, Nov 10, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2016
    But I think the tutorial gives you all you want to know about the action phase, not quite so for others like the character advancement. Too bad the tutorial is un-skippable

3. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Total battery drain but so worth it! Best impulse buy ever... so glad I got the iOS version over the 3ds version since the touch controls work very well.

It has taken a little while to fully understand the mechanics. Not sure if the game automatically saves or if you need to complete missions for it to save etc...

4. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    How bad of a battery drain are we talking about? Kinda bad, pretty bad, or XCOM bad? :)

5. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    Already got the 3ds version
    Not gonna double dip if its a battery drainer

6. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Just reiterating this since there have been some complaints. SteamWorld Heist is too good to have its thread sullied with talk of politics :)

7. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    All, this is easily one of the best games of the year and could be my personal favorite! (The other candidates for me would be: Clash Royale, Invisible Inc and Crashlands)

It's super smooth on iOS and I didn't experience any sort of battery drain. It's just a fantastic game, no IAP, the real deal. Get it!

8. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Eh, not the worst, but can eat through a big chunk in a couple of missions.

9. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    Little bit of trivia. These guys/gals put out an awesome game a few years ago, Anthill. Still one of my fave games to this day, glad to see the developers are still around.

10. BlueTrin

BlueTrin Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Hey can someone tell the dev that the game cannot be found in he U.K. App Store when searching for 'Steamworld' ?

11. Alex Wolf

Alex Wolf Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    Yeeeees finallly :)))))

Been looking their fb eeeevry single day since 2 months for updates ## and now its out .. dont need coffee anymore

Hip hip

12. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Man, what a day.
    Been playing this for the last hour and it's fantastic. I can't put it down.
    Reminds me of both Crashlands and Bastion, especially for the soundtrack.
    Is that Leonard Cohen singing in Gats bar??
    I also didn't realise you can engage in hand to hand combat if you land right next to a baddy. I smacked a scrapper for 4 damage.....he didn't get up.
    Anyway, I'm off to find more water for my bots.
    If still in any doubt, GET THIS GAME.

13. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    #33 Pitta, Nov 10, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
    I just want to add that SteamWorld Heist is an absolute must now that it's finally out.

If you don't trust people who were lucky enough to test it (like I did) last month, just look at Steam reviews.

Great game, tons of fun, triple A polish, made to be on a touch screen and perfect for both bite size playing or 4 hours straight game sessions.
    Probably my GOTY this year.

Chapter 3 is amazing, with many surprises (something not that common, generally games shoot their best bullets at the start, not at the end).

Highly recommended, go buy it...you won't be disappointed.

EDIT: graphics...you immediately see it's a gorgeous game but I want to give special mention to the awesome and so varied musics with vocals and all in the bar stations.
    GLORIOUS.

14. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    I have the Steam version but from the moment I bought it I felt that the game would be fantastic on the mobile platform.
    Before I buy the iOS version could someone please confirm that the touch controls are good.
    With so many good games released today my gaming dollar is getting a bit thin.
    Thanks#

15. Shkrbby

Shkrbby Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2015
    Fantastical. 5 star game and a double dip for me as I have this on PS4. Are the devs also bringing the other Steamworld game to mobile?

16. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Agreed! Yes, it's that good. As mentioned, just read reviews on both stream and IGN, Gamespot, etc and you'll see why.

The port is fantastic and the touch controls are perfect. It's like it was made for touch controls from the start.

17. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Controls are perfect.
    If I didn't know it was a port, I would have never guessed.

18. Gambler

Gambler Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    Wow, this game is absolutely amazing. Oozing charm, lovely characters, interesting world and gaming mechanics plus some RPG elements on top of that (loot, upgrades, different gear)! My favorite iOS game/port since Ember.

One question though - I'm not so far in (5th level or so, when the first weapon shop opens) and on the top right it says x out of 45 stars. Most levels so far gave three stars but I already saw one (with a red skull) which obviously only gives one. So how many levels are there? 18? And do they get longer? Or asking the other way around, ~ how many hours until played through?

I'm aware there are different difficulties and maybe other incentives for a replay but I just love this game and hoping for the first playthrough experience to last as long as possible. Collected the first 12 stars pretty quickly though and just hoping it isn't over too fast :)

19. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Thanks, that was all I needed. That's another sale. #

20. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer