Universal SteamWorld Heist (By Image & Form)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Nov 10, 2016.

1. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    Thanks. Which crew members are people using??

2. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Ha. I was thinking of asking the same question.

If it's a trio, I'll go for:
    Piper, because of her inspiration and healing more than anything else
    Bea, for her focus and double shot. Combine it with inspiration and it's lethal, especially against bosses.
    Payroll. With plenty of speed, sidearms and double shot in the back. Again brilliant against bosses.
    And if I have to take one more, I might go for Sally, as she'll can pick off all the turrets and some weaker guys in a single turn.

Who does anyone else like?

3. Prhaber

Prhaber Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    #263 Prhaber, Dec 4, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
    17 hours in and I'm still loving this game - and I can't believe how amazingly it runs on my 1st gen iPad mini. I'm on the boss battle against the queen at the moment but struggling a bit so enjoying going back over and over previous levels to level up (and because they're just so much damn fun!). And I've only been using a core crew of the same four characters and haven't even begun trying out the other characters I've unlocked.

My crew selection of choice so far has been : Piper, Bea, Ivanski & Seabrass. Not sure if this is the best combo but I'm having too much fun to swap characters at the moment!

4. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    #264 Son of Anarchy, Dec 4, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
    Had about six unsuccessful tries at beating the Red Queen, nearly gave up, then success finally... Used the same crew as OrangutanKungfu. I think a few lucky shots helped and there were three survivors after losing Payroll.

Just wanted to let the developers know that the satisfaction was immense especially with the song that plays after taking her down. The music and songs in the game are a major highlight. Thanks for taking the extra time to include them all. Fantastic game.

Edit: Finished whole game now and half way through second run. If the expansion ever came I'd buy it in a heartbeat, whatever the cost.

5. OrangutanKungfu

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Just downed the last boss. With level 10 characters and good weapons, it was just great fun. A superb 20 hours of playtime for me. Not sure I'll do a new game+, but don't want to delete it without iCloud saving, just in case the DLC ever comes...

Final word for Sally, though - she is just a beast with her mad dog skill!

6. Tyra

Tyra Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2011
    Illustration & Graphic Designs
    Germany
    Love it!

Where can I get the score (instrumental soundtrack)??? "Just" found the songs...
    ^___^

7. brjann

brjann Member

Feb 23, 2011
    Hi there, Brjann at Image & Form here, the peeps that made SteamWorld Heist! Check out steampoweredgiraffe.com, they made the awesome soundtrack for the game. They sell the soundtrack through various channels, such as iTunes and Bandcamp. If you're on the fence about the soundtrack, I'll happily disclose that they're the most lovely people on the planet and deserve some love.

8. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    #268 L.Lawliet, Dec 12, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
    Who is everyones' favorite character? Character design / gameplay wise

I really really love Billy. His design is adorable and cool at the same time. His personality is hilarious with the BLUB BLUB (and somehow people understand him). When I read that he's a deep space diver it reminds me of some kind of special forces unit like ODSTs from Halo or Navy Seals. Also the way he holds his handgun is totally commando like (closer to the chest). Love everything about him.

Gameplay wise he also happens to be my favorite. His hit and run abilities make him a great choice for defeating enemies and being able to get out of harms way. High melee damage with vampire effects is also a very powerful combo. I equipped him with the melee attack up + 50% chance stun and he's a beast against the most powerful enemies. And if he does get hurt, melee more people to heal up. I usually always take the main character on all my missions (for her all around skills and sniper usage), however I've noticed that I can actually sub her out if I play well with Billy.

Sally is my second favorite Gameplay wise but I'm not too fond of her design, though it is funny. Her gameplay is similar to Billy just with a double attack which I think is the most lethal combo in the game. However it's the most dangerous since you end up taking more risks to kill enemies and putting you in unfavorable spots. Billy shines because he can defeat an enemy then run away to safety, making him very survivable.

My second favorite design-wise is Beatrix. She's the most powerful with her usage of explosive weaponry and being able to reduce damage to one at friendly fire. However she's very difficult to use because you have to avoid hitting your teammates. I prefer using the straight shooting explosives with her just because they're less likely to bounce off and hit a friendly. However she's always extremely useful because when you're facing hordes of enemies sometimes you need to be able to hit more than 1 at a time.

Suffice to say my main team that has rarely ever failed me is the main character (all rounder/healer), Billy (melee), Beatrix (heavy), and Sally (vanguard).

9. Kainamor

Kainamor Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2015
    I NEED the DLC "The Outsiders"!! It looks so cool. Although I did see on their blog they are not ruling anything out but they also don't have anything planed as of now. TA we need to make some noise

10. OrangutanKungfu

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Almost the same team, but swap Billy for Payroll. His ability to sprint and then dish out a double shot in the back is worth about 36 points of damage. Plus you can load him up with sidearms and send him out to destroy force fields. He's probably my favourite.

But the most powerful character is Sally. Sending her out into the middle of a room surrounded by enemies and turrets and using her mad dog ability is one of the most satisfying moments in the game!

11. Professionalbum

Professionalbum Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    Professional bum
    The Prison Planet
    I see that both the iOS version & PS4 are the same price; has the developer stated that the DLC is ever coming to iOS? I attempted to via twitter to get a response and failed so far. Any and all input would be appreciated.

12. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    They have said it's possible but there are some technical limitations and they're also very busy with other stuff. From earlier in the thread:

I really hope it does come someday, I'd pay for it!

13. Professionalbum

Professionalbum Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    Professional bum
    The Prison Planet
    Thanks Jared for the input; I think I'll do the console for now.

14. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    What?! #
    Are you saying that if a game developer releases a DLC that requires the customer to restart their current game, that Apple wont allow it?!

Bloody hell, More and more I regret spending so much money on the iOS platform.

I should have just kept the money and bought a new Microsoft pc. ☹️

15. brerlappin

brerlappin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Is that what multiple save slots are for?

16. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    #276 stubbieoz, Dec 18, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
    Cant see how that matters.
    It is Apple that apparently does not allow a developer to release DLC for a game if the game has to be restarted. That has nothing to do with how many save files you have.

17. brerlappin

brerlappin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    I was suggesting that maybe you could keep your current non-DLC game in one slot and start a game with DLC in another slot.

Guess it would depend on whether the DLC could be turned on/off like FTL.

18. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    #278 stubbieoz, Dec 18, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
    I understand your point but the original post by the developer has me to believe that it is impossible for a developer to release a DLC for their game if it requires the customer to restart their game to play it. This is because of some sort of Apple restriction. I am only going by what the developer originally said.
    As I don't own FTL I am unaware how it works in that game.

But either I have a real misunderstanding of what the developer said, or the developer is using Apple as an excuse for not releasing their DLC.

I imagine it is me that is some what mistaken.

19. cowtruck123

cowtruck123 Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    I don't see why the DLC can't just be another mode...

20. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    Assuming the DLC doesn't ever come out. Would you still buy this on iOS or would you choose Steam? I'm trying to decide which version to purchase.