Universal SteamWorld Heist (By Image & Form)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Nov 10, 2016.

1. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    What point in the game are you in?

2. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    #242 ColeDaddy, Nov 25, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
    JCho, I have all the stars from each level. I finished the game. but, there are still the areas I noted and others that are locking me out.

3. coxy

coxy Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2011
    England
    Hi guys

I'm sure this has been answered already so I apologise - but what happens when your characters are 'killed' in a mission?

So far I've been lucky but come close a couple of times.

4. afyzendo

afyzendo Member

Mar 18, 2009
    If a character dies, he/she will get no experience and it costs some gallons to put him or her back together again. If your whole team dies, you lose half of your water. And you fail the mission. Obviously. #

5. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    I don't think you can. At least if the response from one of the devs in this reddit thread about the 3DS version is anything to go by.

6. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Thanks Mr. Bez

7. coxy

coxy Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2011
    England
    Hi guys. I'm struggling to understand how Sally's special power works. The one where she gets 'unlimited kill shots during this turn' (Mad Dog).

I activate it - and then shoot. But she only gets 1 kill shot like usual?

Appreciate any help :)

8. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Things that might make a difference:

* Each shot has to kill an enemy. If the enemy doesn't die, it doesn't count as a kill shot.
    * The shot itself has to kill the enemy. If you shoot a barrel and the barrel explosion kills the enemy, it's not a kill shot.
    * Make sure you're definitely tapping Use on the ability. I've thought I activated it so many times when I actually tapped the ability twice instead of tapping it once then tapping Use.

9. coxy

coxy Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2011
    England
    Thankyou! I didn't realise each kills hot had to kill an enemy to keep the run going - that makes sense thanks :)

I'm using a gun that fires 2 rounds and then of course the kill shot if possible. I didn't realise this power meant unlimited kill shots ONLY if the kill shot kills someone. Thanks mate

10. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I found a pretty big big that makes the graphics low quality instead of sharp. Not sure what triggers it and haven't been able to figure out how to change it back. It basically shows everything with jagged edges (looks like low res jpegs).

11. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Still thoroughly enjoying this game - working my way through the Core at the moment, and dawdling a bit to grind up some experience. I also appreciate the sense of humour, with surströmming (rotten herring in a can) being deemed as a treasure in the steampunk future. Nice Scandinavian touch.

12. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Expansion

Beat the game already and falling behind on posts. Can anyone bring me up to speed on wether the expansion will become available as a DLC and any timing on it?

13. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    I beat the game the other day and started a Game+. So far I can't really tell if anything is different.

Is there anything different the second time around other than having all the characters unlocked?

14. OrangutanKungfu

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Saw a few pages back that the expansion is not a priority for the devs at the moment - they're working on another game, and apparently bringing the DLC to the game on iOS is complicated by App Store rules. Can't pretend to know why, but Brjann said it would require significant rewriting of the code to allow it to accept DLC. It's not been ruled out, but I wouldn't hold your breath for it to happen any time soon. Hopefully, the game has done well enough for it to be worthwhile for Image & Form.

15. coxy

coxy Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2011
    England
    anyone got any tips for the first mission with 4 characters? blimey what a step up in difficulty...

First mission I've failed :(

It's the one with 'chop sue'. She has a shit load of health and can bring in a shield (which can only be destroyed from her back) and she keeps bringing in extra enemies constantly :(

16. OrangutanKungfu

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Hmmm, level up your characters a bit (levels 4-5 should be enough), spread them out a bit behind cover - so there is always someone behind her to shoot out the shield generator - and make sure you kill the minions fast so she is the only one who can attack. The bounty hunter is great, as she can kill a minion and still take a pot shot at Chop Sue afterwards. Grenades and area-of-effect explosive weapons rule, too. The extra power of an inspired, motionless sentry is also worth exploring.

17. Saucepolicy

Saucepolicy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2009
    Crispy ex-game developer
    That's actually a more costly solution for developers. They would have to run their own backup servers and create an entire identity system, rather than leveraging platform-provided cloud solutions. Given they've already said that they're short on resources, I feel your idea is a non-starter

18. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Appreciate the update bro and saving me the reading. Hopefully it makes its way eventually, and I will happily play whatever they're creating in the interim.

19. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    What do hats do???

20. OrangutanKungfu

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Make you look real purty... Nothing more, nothing less.