Universal Steam: Rails to Riches (by Acram Digital)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by klink, Nov 3, 2015.

1. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Your rating (4/5) is very generous considering the issues you've indicated. A game where you end your turn because of a map bug or otherwise nothing more apparent to do, seems hardly worthwhile.

2. The Son of Anarchy

The Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Agreed, initially I was very keen for this but they'll have to do some mighty updates before I consider plonking down my hard earned. The problems it included on release are huge turn offs unfortunately.

3. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    Agreed, I was ready to buy but not at the moment. While the launch / download fiasco was unfortunate, I can see past that. However having watched the tutorial on YouTube - it is quite simply awful - discussing phases and tasks with no context or explanation. Almost the worst tutorial I have seen for explaining mechanics! That usually indicates danger....

4. dedyp79

dedyp79 Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2013
    After reading about the negative user review and some positive user review...so curious about this game and bought this game...tried on my ipad 3 ios 9.1 with no problem at downloading maps, passing the tutorial asking and back to help to check the tutorial and play two games and closed the game...hey its great game btw...like the gameplay and start reading the pdf manual for better understanding with the game...start the game again ( it didn't take long time at all to load the game ) and bought the iap german maps...if you like strategy game try this game guys...the dev also promises update soon to add base game ( for short game and fit with newbie who never tried euro boardgame ) and maybe the dev will also add free map...btw switch apps make the game restart again but you still can continue the game...this version still fun to play on my ipad.

5. Dragan

Dragan Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Belgium
    I will wait to buy until the major problems are addressed. Thanks for the impressions all of you who shelled the cash.

6. EZ Ice

EZ Ice Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2011
    Apps
    Tropical Island Pirate Hangout
    Steam is trade marked?

7. Pedroapan

Pedroapan Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2010
    So does this work now? Love the cardboard version.

Pedroapan

8. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    They're up to Version 2 now with updates, and apparently the game in its current state is very polished. Currently on sale at the moment also.

9. Unstablefan

Unstablefan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    I redownloaded this and it plays great, tons better than I remember. As a veteran Steam player who hadn't played in close to 10 years, I plunged into a game and everything came right back. Interface is clear and intuitive.

Any suggestions on which maps are worth buying? There are a ton more than I remember!