Universal Stealth Inc (By Curve Digital Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Nov 13, 2013.

1. onebitbeyond

onebitbeyond Active Member

Nov 13, 2013
    I covered the status of the Android version in full in this previous post. :)

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpost.php?p=3031808&postcount=81

2. onebitbeyond

Nov 13, 2013
    Bingo. You can walk slowly by using the analogue virtual sticks, but the game is designed to never expect you to do so. A better way to move slowly is to use the crouch button. The game is designed around this behaviour (it had to work on keys in the desktop version, which are obviously not analogue). :)

3. Dazzlemi

Dazzlemi Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2010
    Are the massive 1400+ levels from the pc version playable in the ios version?

4. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Oh, I know that. :) I just mean that the Bundle version isn't available anymore (unless I'm mistaken)...there's no chance you'll offer the game in its current state again?

5. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Not currently, but they will be available via IAP after the next update.

6. onebitbeyond

Nov 13, 2013
    I'm afraid not. We won't sell the game for Android until I can improve the performance at least for the devices that it should be able to perform well on.

7. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    That's fair enough. Thanks for the reply.

8. Nobunaga

Nobunaga Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    So, obviously, this was a great week for iOS game releases.
    All too often, even in slow release weeks, great games get lost in the shuffle. I'm getting the impression that might be happening here.
    To me, this is the game of the week. Not to take anything away from the others, they are either derivative of other games or sequels. Again, there's nothing wrong with that. There are some stellar releases. This game stands out as being a much more original effort though.
    That's not my reason for thinking of Stealth inc. as the best release. It's really just a great game. The atmosphere, the controls, everything about it is just very well done.

9. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Thanks, very appreciated :)

10. kaibosh

kaibosh Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Wow. Found 'Stealth Bastard' for Android, on my Note 2 it is stunning. Very, very cool art style to this game, the whole interface and theme of the game is fresh. This engine could be used to make the most epic of adventure/RPG games...

11. kaibosh

kaibosh Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Um, it wasn't a pirate site that I found the game for download on, am I to assume that it *is* a pirated copy? If so I will delete it, but as an accidental beta tester I can tell you the game runs perfectly for me. ;)

12. biokid

biokid Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Wop Wops
    Buy the IOS version! :) That will solve your problem.

13. PSquared

PSquared Active Member

Nov 4, 2013
    #113 PSquared, Nov 17, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
    Really enjoying the game but steadily burning through the available content. How is the work going on getting that restore button ironed out? I know you need to squash the bugs, submit the update, and wait for approval before it goes live... But... With a couple of days since you so kindly explained this to us do you have any general/vague idea on when the update 'might' hit so that we can get access to those community levels?

Thanks again for all the hard work you've put into this. Definitely not trying to rush you, I just really enjoy your game and I'm eager to get access to the IAP community levels while I'm still freshly addicted to this outstanding game.

P.S. I'm on an iPhone 5. The controls seem very strong to me and work well almost always. The two situations where I am having difficulty with the controls are...

#1 coming from a full run to a quick stop to hit a switch and then running back in the direction I came. I often feel the controls don't let me stop fast enough and I have trouble overshooting my landing point and sliding into a hazard. This seems to be an issue a lot when I trying to squeeze out extra half seconds to move up on the global leader boards, and may be due to my fat fingers... Or iPhone screen size.

#2. Again, while playing quickly to get the fastest score... I often find myself coming to a quick stop to hit a switch or hack a device and instead of hitting the 'hack' button I hit the jump button instead and thus jump straight up into something that will kill me, or, the jumping takes half a second more then I have causing me to have to run off and try again.

I know there is a little inertia in the game, I am on an iPhone not a tablet, and as a fully grown adult male my fingers are a bit large. In all but these two situations is rate the controls 9/10 but these two issues do cause annoyances. I'm not sure there is any way to address making the landings sharper or it's just something I need to 'feel out' more but I would definitely consider it an improvement if the there was an option to move the hack button another third of an inch further from the jump button for people like me playing on iPhone with larger digits.

Overall though the controls are MUCH better then anticipated and loving the game. Hope the feedback helps.

14. Nobunaga

Jun 2, 2012
    Just a quick question, is the equipment (from stealth bastard deluxe) unlockable in this version?
    I've beaten the sentinel in multiple levels and replayed earlier stages without getting any, so I assume not. Figured I'd see if anyone else had tried though.

15. What's the difference between Stealth inc and Stealth bastard deluxe?

16. Nobunaga

Jun 2, 2012
    #116 Nobunaga, Nov 17, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
    They published as stealth bastard originally, on PC. To publish with Sony and Apple they had to drop the "bastard". I'm guessing it was deemed offensive.
    Deluxe had an extra set of teleporter levels and unlockable gear for previously beaten levels. Not sure of any other changes. Or exactly which version the iOS stealth corresponds to.

Edit: unlock all equipment is a GC achievement. I'm just going to collect all the helix and S rank the first set of stages and see where that gets me. I'm about halfway through with that now.
    On a side note (to anyone that doesn't own this game) it is great. The bastard child of MGS(metal gear solid) and SMB(super meat boy). Kinda stole that from the developers web page. A very apt description though.

Second Edit: is there a way of doing Gamecenter leaderboards with this as well? Or browsing the leaderboards? I can only see a range of times around mine. To the Gamecenter junkies, it does have Gamecenter achievements, just no score board.

17. devensega

devensega Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2011
    All this talk of community levels had made me revisit the game on Android. They are brilliant and many are easily as good as levels in the main game, indeed a fair few seem to have been put up by the developer.

IMHO any iap is easily worth it, you are effectively paying for extra content.

18. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Does the iOS version have the different suits available on the PC version?

19. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

Speaking of gamepads...

Any chance of icade/iOS 7 controller support? Pretty please with cream, onions, later cakes and ponies on top?

20. Nobunaga

Jun 2, 2012
    I was asking that earlier and decided to answer myself.
    No, not at the moment anyway.
    I have S ranked and collected all the helix' (levels 1-1 to 1-8) and gone back to replay them with no option of changing gear or earning it.
    I have however gained an even deeper appreciation for how amazing this game is. I'd love to have the gear in a later update. As it stands this is both the best stealth and speed running/platforming game on the AppStore. It does have some competition as a speed running / micro platformer, namely, LoE series, WormRun, Vector. As a stealth game it's pretty much this. VR missions and Level 22 are both good. Stealth Inc. is on another level though. In my opinion.