Universal Stealth Inc (By Curve Digital Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    It is not a problem for me. The whole game is there, the community levels aren't obligatory, they are only for people who loved the game and want to keep playing after the end. If you don't want to pay for the community levels you will still have the whole game.

2. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Bought! Most expensive week in my iOS life! 15€ (Oceanhorn, Tilt to Live 2, Stealth Inc, Dont Shoot Yourself!) (yeah, its cheap compared to others)

3. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Yeah don't starve is confirmed to be coming to ios

4. nicodemus82

nicodemus82 Well-Known Member

Why is iPhone 4 not a supported device? Doesn't seem to be a graphically heavy game, so I'm a little disappointed :(

5. Damjancd

Damjancd Member

Nov 14, 2013
    There are a lot of dynamic lights in the game, that might take it's part as to why it's not iPhone 4

6. Pipipitchu

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    #46 Pipipitchu, Nov 14, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
    I'll buy Stealth Inc and I'm seriouly thinking about buying TtL2, but Oceanhorn just didn't impressed me, even with that huge hype going on.

It's not only about graphics

7. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yup... I've bought Stealth Inc, Dont Shoot Yourself, Tilt To Live 2, EPOCH.2, Oceanhorn, Lone Wolf and Deemo so far.

8. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Oceanhorn looks beautiful but graphics isnt what is attracting me to it the most, is the Zelda experience on iOS. If you liked Zelda, pick Oceanhorn up.

Stealth Inc so far is really good too. Controls well enough to play it nicely (I believe its some sort of swipe to move) and so far levels are brilliant. Cant say much because the controls will be tested in later levels and havent reach that far to do so. But it feel fantastic. Tilt to Live 2 is already a classic. If you like it, buy it, wont regret it. Its an expensive week, but all of them are really worth it.

I need to check on Epoch. 2, looks so good. Drooling material. And have to check the other two also...

9. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Any chance for fixed controls as an option? I feel like i need longer thumb arrows sliding away

10. You might as well get Neon Shadow too. Those all will keep you busy for a pretty long time.

11. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Don't starve is coming to iOS? You just made my evening!

12. ataloss

ataloss Well-Known Member

... All I can say is that the controls are good, comparable to the Steam version. Always have a chuckle at the morbid humour through those messages.

All good, so what's the wait folks?

13. Pipipitchu

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    To be available on US App Store.

14. Nobunaga

Nobunaga Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
  15. saiyukialex

saiyukialex Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Shanghai, China
    Community levels require iap?

16. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    After seeing all the great releases tonight, this is the only one I've bought. I hope it's as good as it looks :)

17. ataloss

ataloss Well-Known Member

...eventually... maybe... all I'm getting at the mo is "cannot connect to iTunes Store"...

18. onebitbeyond

onebitbeyond Active Member

Nov 13, 2013
    Yep, as I mentioned in my earlier post, the Community Levels IAP hasn't gone live yet due to an error on my part. It'll only go live when 1.0.1 is approved by Apple.

To answer an earlier question, the Community Levels are an IAP because of the direct server cost of serving (now) 1900 levels to each device. If we made it free, it would actually cost us money per install, meaning we'd probably have to increase the price to cover that cost. Since not everyone uses the Community Levels, we thought it fairest to have it as a optional paid feature.

19. onebitbeyond

Nov 13, 2013
    The game is made in GameMaker, which runs interpreted code (i.e. not as fast). Because of the more advanced shadow effects, lower spec devices just don't run it at a good framerate. The game will run on a 4, but not at playable speeds. It's not through lack of trying. :)

20. onebitbeyond

Nov 13, 2013
    You can treat the controls much like fixed controls. You really don't have to move your thumb very much. I place my thumb down and just rock it from side to side.