Universal Stealth Inc (By Curve Digital Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Nov 13, 2013.

1. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    +1

That is an amazing game.

2. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    I would trade every game coming out tonight just to have Mark of the Ninja on iOS

3. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Well with the upcoming gamepads....who knows? Could happen. I'd like any Klei game on IOS. Shank, Don't Starve, MotN

I think Don't Starve would work pretty well on iPad. Dual stick controls, two finger rotate to rotate camera, item tabs along the side, etc.

4. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    How did you miss it on Vita? Why would anyone with a Vita not subscribe to PS Plus?

5. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    On the contrary, a few people I know who played the Vita and PC versions said the physical controls were better and more precise (and, even as a iOS/Android gamer, I still can admit that there are really few games that aren't).

That said, having played the Android version, I thought the touch controls worked rather well and were precise enough that I haven't once blamed controls for any deaths that occurred.

6. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
  7. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    I liked the gameplay and the controls look good enough. I guess this game will be the only one I'm getting tonight. I've been playing too much strategic slow paced games and things like that.

8. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Wasn't there something about DS coming to iOS? I have yet to play any other Klei games, but Don't Starve is at the top of my list. Shank looks decent, but it would be hard to start playing a complete action game after play MotN. I really hope Klei will bring some games to iOS.

9. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    Hoping for some initial iOS impressions soon.
    I'm probably clicking buy at 11:00 pm anyway.
    (Actually this will probably be the first thing I buy tonight)
    *jumps behind cover*

10. PresidentZer0

PresidentZer0 Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2012
    Does it support Mfi controller?

11. Pretty good game, the controls are working ok for me so far. There's alot of different aspects to this game rather than a regular platformer, so I think you will enjoy it.

12. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    The gameplay itself is fun and gets trickier as it goes on. But the humor in the game is really great. Kind of reminded me of Portal (although with messages on the walls rather than a voiceover. Just adds to the game's fun factor when a lot of stealth games are so serious.

13. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    Do you have to complete each level without being seen, or is stealth just a part of the bigger picture?

14. onebitbeyond

onebitbeyond Active Member

Nov 13, 2013
    Glad to hear you guys are enjoying it. We've put a lot of love into the game, and are really proud of the iOS version.

I spent ages perfecting the controls for touch screens. I don't think you can ever please everyone (on screen buttons just can't be 'felt'), but I'm happy with what I've achieved. My iOS times and 360 controller times are very similar. :)

BTW, mfi controllers should be supported, but we don't have any to test with, so can't say 100%.

Also the Community Levels IAP isn't live yet, and won't be until Apple approve v1.0.1. (I didn't include a Restore button :S )

Happy to answer any questions on here, but I'm off to bed right now! Feel free to pop some Qs on here for when I wake. :)

Take care,
    Bidds
    @onebitbeyond

15. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Any Game Center for this one?

16. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Just out if curiosity are there any planned updates for the Android version? I still don't think it's even on Google Play. I only got it through Humble Bundle. I've been good with the controls, but I know a few people who didn't think they were as precise in that version. So that's why I'm asking, particularly if the controls are actually better on iOS.

17. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    How much will the community levels cost?

18. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Stealth and shadows are act more as puzzle mechanics. For the most part, if you get seen, you die

19. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    #39 Lazer Kat, Nov 14, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
    I subscribe to the theory that devs shouldn't charge for community levels.
    Charge me for the level creator, and then give me access to community levels with it...I'm ok with that, but I won't pay for levels your paying customers create, especially in a $5 game...
    Just my 2 cents.

20. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    This looks like a premium game to me. A 1.99 price point on the additional IAP for custom levels is more then fair. Too bad to many people will complain about the 4.99.