Stealers Steal Contest - Checkpoint 1 - $100 - 3 winners

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by younesouhbi, Dec 6, 2014.

1. younesouhbi

younesouhbi Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    [​IMG]

Hi everyone,

To celebrate the release of our latest version (which integrate a much requested on-screen joystick), we are launching this contest and hopefully, it's going to be fun and rewarding!

In Stealers Steal, you play as a thief who is trying to retire with as much gold as possible which means that the winners are the ones who do just that, retire with more gold than anyone else.

HOW WILL THE CONTEST WORK?
    The contest will be divided into several checkpoints. At each checkpoint, the leaderboard is consulted to retrieve the top 3 players who have retired with the most gold. These players will be rewarded with the announced prizes and the results will be posted in the corresponding thread in the forum.

The first checkpoint is due December 21th at 20h GMT with the prizes $50, $35 and $15 for the top 3 players.

More checkpoints will be announced in the future if there is enough interest. Ideally, we want to make this a monthly occurrence until the gold cap is achieved.

WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
    Anyone with a copy of Stealers Steal. Get yours here if you haven't already.
    However, those who are willing to participate need to:

1- Reply to this thread with their Game Center nick names so I can link their forum user name with their Game Center name as prize details will be communicated through the forum private messaging

2- Review the game on the App Store or in case of a promo code, review the game here on TA in this thread.

Important: please note that these are requirements to enter. If for example someone is the top on the leaderboard at the checkpoint date and time but hasn't done any of the 2 prerequisites above, he or she is not considered as taking part into the contest.

HOW WILL THE PRIZES BE DELIVERED?
    Paypal, Skrill or iTunes Gift cards. Winner's choice.

WILL THE PRIZES BE DELIVERED?
    Yes they absolutely will. Outshine is a very small indie studio that is trying to build a reputation for itself with great games. The last thing we want is leaving a bad impression and wasting everyone's time.

ANYTHING ELSE?
    This is our first contest for our first game. Please spread the word about our game if you like it, review it and share it with others. If you don't like it then give it bad reviews so people won't waste their money on it and so we know we have to make better games in the future.

ANY TIPS?
    Yes, here are some tips to help you win:

1- Watch the walkthrough for the first 4 levels here. It shows how to get BOSS on the first level and has valuable tips. There's BO$$ too ;)

2- When you retire, all the items you had get converted to less than their value in gold since they have been "used". This means that you will need to retire as few times as possible, ideally once to avoid losing gold.

3- It is better to buy an item for example invisibility, than to get caught 5 times. It is of course even better to not buy any item and never get caught. That is what the game is all about, what you think you can do vs what you really can do.

4- It would be wise to retire 3 or 4 hours before the checkpoint due date so other players won't have enough time to try and improve your score, unless you are confident in your abilities or you want to mislead others which is fine! All is fair!

5- Being social can give you up to 10000 in gold, don't miss that because others won't probably!

6- Check other tips at: http://stealersstealgame.com (needs an update but still useful)

Good luck everyone and may the best players win!
    Younes

NB: you can add me as a friend in Game Center if you want, my nickname is younesouhbi

2. younesouhbi

Nov 19, 2014
    #2 younesouhbi, Dec 6, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2014
    Additional information

I can't edit the post above without getting an error so I'm just going to post as a reply.

1- I missed to mention that the winners will be announced and rewarded on December 21st at 21h GMT.

2- A fair point raised by dreadnok. Those who purchased the game and reviewed it on the App Store obviously made more investment into the contest and so will have 5000 gold coins added to their final Game Center score.

3- If 2 players end up with the same score, the one who posted to the leaderboard first wins.

Good luck everyone and let's have a nice contest! Thank You
    Younes

3. batreky

batreky Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2014
    NewYork
    #3 batreky, Dec 6, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
    Thanks. Lot younesouhbi. For letting us Enjoying with your amazing game.

This game is deserve it's price. The gameplay really much fun and addictive. I impressed about the whole game as it content a lot of Powers options it helping on the next features levels. Also it has more Marks levels according to your finishing the level in the best time, collecting the most gold if not all, still replaying the level until u get the Boss Mark! Amazing for not letting out any level for just one time but u have to beat your score on every finished levels. It co e with a lot of secrets inside so i should play wisely and read all papers in levels and also hidden items that may content a passcode for accessing some points to move u to newer area to collect it gold. All of that and u should care about the time limit! Seems interesting and enjoyable playing for hours so i'll not stop playing it until finishing it. It's hard but needs a brain and fast controller. The graphics interface, game designs, is perfect. Game sound tracks is good as a thief . This game come with 2 options as controllers TILT and Stick that newly added in the newer update. Mostly like the game and there is no issues or suggestions to me. Highly recommended to all friends, users who really liked the addicting games.

My Game Center ID : LoVeR.BT

4. PsYcHoNoVa

PsYcHoNoVa Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2013
    
    Thank You for the Promo Code & Contest.

My Game Center ID: PsYcHoNoVa

I left my game impressions here on TouchArcade.

5. sputnik125

sputnik125 New Member

Dec 11, 2014
    #5 sputnik125, Dec 11, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2014
    I'm for it

I would love to take part in the contest. Here is my gc: sputnik_125_sputnik

EDIT: sorry just read about the PM, it should be there. Also I left my impressions on the main thread

6. younesouhbi

Nov 19, 2014
    Please update to the latest version

Hi,

Please anyone participating or willing to participate in the contest, update your Stealers Steal to the latest version (1.3.2 at the time of posting). There is a small bug that in some cases might keep you from posting your retirement gold to the leaderboard.

Thank you
    Younes

7. KoolCat

KoolCat Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2012
    My Game Center ID is LanGodess.

I left a review of the game on the main thread.

Not sure how well I will do in the game, but I will give it a go.

8. #8 m13, Dec 21, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
    Great game. Good luck to everyone!

9. younesouhbi

Nov 19, 2014
    Results

Hi everyone,

Thanks to everyone who participated in this contest. There was only 3 contestants with only 2 who were really competing, so it was kind of a disaster. Anyways, below is a screen capture from iTunes Connect that shows the leaderboard with each corresponding score:

[​IMG]

The winners are:

1st prize - $50 - PsYcHoNoVa
    2nd prize - $35 - LoVeR.BT
    3rd prize - $15 - Langodess

Number 3 didn't participate (and also cheated), number 4 (it's just me), number 5 didn't participate and number 6 didn't participate.

The 3 winners above, please PM me how you would like to be paid as soon as possible: Paypal, Skrill or iTunes Gift Cards and please confirm you received your payments here on this thread.

Thank You
    Younes

10. batreky

batreky Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2014
    NewYork
    Thanks Younes,

I got my Prize :)

11. PsYcHoNoVa

PsYcHoNoVa Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2013
    
    I Can't Say Enough Good Things About Outshine & This Game.

I have received my prize.

This game, the Dev Team, and everything about them both, is outstanding. This game needs to be on the App Stores Top Charts. I will do whatever I can to make it happen.

If you decide to have Checkpoint #2, I hope more people take part in it. They don't know the challenging and rewarding experience they are missing out on. It's pathetic that people find the need to cheat (in any aspect of life). To the gallows they should be taken.

Thanks again for the excellent contest, and being so generous. It's greatly appreciated. I will definitely be giving you back some of my prize. One way or the other.

12. KoolCat

KoolCat Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2012
    Received prize.

Thank you so much!