Staying Together - Multi-Character Puzzle Platformer (by Naquatic)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Naquatic, Feb 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mjholtzem

mjholtzem Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Hey!

Hey guys, Matthew Holtzem here. I collaborated with Naquatic on this game. Just wanted to drop in and say thanks for all the great feedback and general interest! You guys rock!!!:)

2. Naquatic

Naquatic Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    ^ The man I referenced in the OP. Without Matthew, there is no Staying Together :)

3. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    #43 metalcasket, Feb 3, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
    Yep, another "This is great" comment to add to the previous ones. :D It's the music...that bloody music! I don't know how it works...it's like when you're together, the music is all "D'AWWWWWWWWWW", but once either he or she (I guess that's how I'd refer to them :p) dies, it's like the most frickin' "tugging at my heart chains" music. Love it. The gameplay itself? Hah...normally you'd find me saying something like "It's so simple"...but man, I've been playing for the last 30 minutes and I still haven't been able to grasp the gameplay mechanic. It's mind-boggling in the best way possible!

EDIT: Oh, and haha...I wasn't aware caskets have genders, but I double-checked and this one's a male. :p

4. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    I'm really enjoying this game! I've tried games like this before but this one seems to have kept my interest longer and I'm impressed more with its clever designs after each level.

It's really a brilliant game and the love concept is a really nice twist I must also admit that the music really seals the deal here ...awesome!

5. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    Thanks metalcasket!...I like your music analysis...so true, haha

I really appreciate it :)

6. mjholtzem

mjholtzem Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Glad you are digging the music! Credit for the tracks goes to Kevin MacLeod at http://incompetech.com/

If you want to find the full tracks, the titles are 'Crossing the Divide', 'Pepper's Theme', and 'Reawakening'

7. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    This is so great! The controls are really accurate but boy the first few levels was I sure killing myself! It's such a unique dynamic. Really loving it. Will get some more playtime in and post real impressions.

8. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    Very cool! I think you'll find that the gameplay becomes second nature at a certain point. The wonders of perceptual adaptation ;)

9. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    GOOD GAME.

Got a code earlier and the game doesn't disappoint. It's clever and simple to pick up. It gets addictive very quick.

Naquatic naturally hasn't disappointed me yet with their releases. I think they've got "quick pick up games - that quickly turn addictive" down pretty well ;)

10. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    That means a lot coming from a veteran such as yourself :)

11. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    Would like to try too if there's any left code.

12. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    Sent!

13. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    They nailed it again with this game, beautiful puzzle platform game packed with mind resting soundtrack. i died a lot in this game but trust me, their puzzle is challenging yet unique, crafted each levels differently and i also love the artwork so much. as always it comes from one of my favourite developer:

The Gameplay:

14. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Thank you Naquatic for sucking what's left of my free time, lol. Man, this game gives you that "one more time" feeling not found in many games (IMHO) today. The more I play, the more I'm addicted. Awesome job and oh yeah, when you do die, you will, you never feel cheated. Keep up the great work!

15. TheGreatEscaper

TheGreatEscaper Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Ooh, I'm late to the party it seems but I'd love a code (if there are any left) for this gorgeous looking puzzle platformer.
    I will of course leave feedback here in the thread! :)

16. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    I'm excited for this one to release. I think a lot of people are going to like it. I've been playing it for a little while now and it's a blasty blast. Definitly a great change from the dev team. I absolutly love the art style. I highly reccomend this when its released. These are great guys and need to be supported.

17. Platyrrhine

Platyrrhine Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    I've been playing this for about five days thanks to an early promo code from Naquatic and I can't recommend it enough. Beautiful art, beautiful music, challenging yet enjoyable gameplay... Just an awesome game overall. I can't recommend it enough. It's a very different game from what you're used to from Naquatic, but that is definitely not a bad thing. The sports games are fun, don't get me wrong, but this game is definitely a step up.

18. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    I would also love to try this fantastic game! I sent a pm.
    Thanks!

19. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Fantastik game after playing for a few bunch of levels! Challenging yet rewarding. It's like a brain teaser in perception and coordination

20. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Naquatic,

Very impressed with game so far. Reminds of similar mechanics to McLeft LeRight which I found to be too stringent and cumbersome in its timed mechanics.

Can you explain the differences between the different gameplay modes? How is the Hardcore mode different? What additional rewards or achievements do you get by playing the game in Hardcore mode only?

Also, what player info are you collecting? Is the game tracking any player stats? What info is being shared with your server?