Stay Mum Off-Topic Discussion

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Dema9o9ue, Oct 29, 2015.

1. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Trust is a hard thing to get back once you've lost it.

2. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    I feel for you. Really.

I hope your learn from the lessons and make quality game onthe future without shenanigans. Everybody deserves a second chance.

3. hoodwinkedfool

hoodwinkedfool Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2011
    Just admit to the lying thing.

4. Geet_Gamer

Geet_Gamer Active Member

Sep 15, 2014
    Trying to come up with total immersive experience
    India
    All stay mum had to do was to stay mum

Okay,

Wow what a blowout. But can someone tell me how this game reached to such a great hype and got featured under best games on IOS appstore??

The game is obviously stupid, which baffles me even more.

5. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    How do you plan to rectify pretending to be a beta, and pretending to be someone else to dismiss appunwrapoers views? This is the behaviour that makes me not trust you, and while you may be sorry, I do wonder if you have only apologised because you got caught out lying. It's not the buggy game that's the problem here, I always forgive that, it's the lying and pretending to be someone else, which you haven't actually apologised for.

If you don't make it in game dev, you need to remember it's your own actions that caused it and take responsibility, it's not a case of "you win.

6. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Well said Cloudy. Pretty much what I was thinking in my head.

7. Puke Aces

Puke Aces Well-Known Member

Feel the wrath of the touch arcade community! Totally behind you on this appunwraper!

8. Spudboy

Spudboy Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Appunwrapoers do have a web site or something? Interested in your other reviews.

9. Yep. :) http://AppUnwrapper.com

10. Alexythimia23

Alexythimia23 Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2012
    Wow.......what could have been a fantastic game destroyed by underhanded tactics, all that and for what? What a shame....removed from wishlist.

11. Spudboy

Spudboy Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Does Marco Arment run Lucid Labs?

12. ypai1217

ypai1217 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2013
    Ha !!! This game kept on featuring on the hot new games list, despite having a 1.5 star overall rating by toucharcade users. So I finally decided to check out what all the fuss was about and uncovered the whole drama behind the game.

Maybe Toucharcade should write an article about Game developers and ethics; something to highlight the shady tactics some game developers employ. Also, would it be possible to drop the game from the hot games list ?

13. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    This happens so often it's not even funny. Every day in fact we're deleting shill accounts for someone trying to bump up their game in the forums. It's sad really.

About the hot games list, that's generated automatically based off of multiple metrics, one of which is forum discussion. So ironically all the people who popped into the thread to post their disgust over what was happening were also inadvertently contributing to keeping the game on the hot list. It's not a perfect system but it's all we've got.

I've moved all the off topic posts to this new thread, as I'm sure you see already, which should hopefully mean the game will die off the hot list in a few days.

14. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Good call Boardumb.
    Wonder if this game's news will make it further across the web?

15. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    make a really great one and show the world that lesson learned. im sure everyone will forget about today if its worth it. just some really great quote from the late SJ: if you make a great products, you dont even need to advertise it, people will come and buy it.

16. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    #56 sinagog, Nov 10, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
    Funny about the embargo as 'stay mum' in cockney parlance means to stay quiet/keep information to yourself.

17. Yeah, the irony did not escape me. ;)