Universal Starsceptre (by Richard Morgan)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Jun 18, 2017.

1. 8bitmagicgames

8bitmagicgames Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2017
    @7lilwhitewolf7

Hey my friend be careful as we found a bug in the new version. Sadly it throws up an error if you update and try to continue a previous save. It's totally my fault and something I missed. I'm so sorry.

The work around is don't update yet and I'm releasing an update as soon as it's fixed.

If you carry on playing v1.1.5 you'll be fine.

Otherwise if you do update, either wait for the next update or you could start over and when you get up to the same point it will overwrite the previous game with the missing data

The advantage of starting over is the new game bonus scoring will give you a much higher score than before. Plus you know how to kill the previous levels.

New players who have only ever had this version (1.2) won't have any issues with this at all.

Once again I'm so sorry, I can only apologise as I fix it.

Thanks for all your understanding

2. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    That chick and the sceptre thing is just a cool touch and plays nicely into the story as well. This has a real 80s manga feel that is just so awesome. It takes me back! And I really dig the loop move. Definitely helpful against the first boss (and I'm going to assume many more as well).

3. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York

It'z okay my Friend. Juz happens i have not tapped the play button, I mean the icon yet. Thankz 4 the heads up,4realz Yo!
    I'd rather wait till the next update to get the most play out of it. To help Onalee & Ensign Rook with this update juz goes to show us that you are one of those dedicated Devs that take their creations serious to deliver the most Videogame fun. Keep up the great heArtwork Rich!

#########
    #########
    #########
    ## : ######
    ## : ######
    :
    # #: # # # # #
    :
    #

4. 8bitmagicgames

Jun 23, 2017
    One for the hot chick wielding the sceptre appreciation society:

https://instagram.com/p/BThutXahgLn/

5. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Oh, that's just awesome

6. 8bitmagicgames

Jun 23, 2017
    For anyone not bought it yet I've just set the game at the lowest price tier for 5 days - effectively 50% off. So $0.99 / £0.99 ! Get in there while you can!

Also a question to those who've played it, what you would like to see in the next updates?

Thanks
    Rich
    Solo Gamedev 8bit Magic Games Ltd

7. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Decided to check this out and love the 80s/90s arcade theme and graphical style. But the joystick is way too sensitive for back flips. So many times trying to dodge bullets and end up doing a flip instead.

Tilt controls are better but not always practical on the go.

Is there a possibility of adding a dedicated button for flipping instead of the joystick?

Also, auto fire setting doesn’t seem to work.

Impressive game. Just find touch controls unmanageable with the flipping.

8. 8bitmagicgames

Jun 23, 2017
    Hi, that's really great feedback, it sounds like I'm going to have to go implementing flip button soon to make it easier to play.

Autofire, do you mean autofire isn't working or rather switching it off?

Thanks!
    Rich

9. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    #89 anthony78, Sep 11, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
    Autofire doesn’t seem to come on at all for me. Doubt that it would be the cause but I’m on iOS 11 if that makes a difference.

One other thing. Any plans to add difficulty settings? It’s challenging, but the infinite lives makes takes away the sting a bit too much. I mean I know I could just stop and say I only got so far with 3 lives or something but ...

Also, strangely found when the stick is on the left side it doesn’t seem to be as sensitive to accidental flips. But a button still would be nice.

Thanks for a responsive dev!

10. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Autofire does work Anthony.

By autofire what it means is you don't have to tap the fire button constantly. It's not the type of auto fire where you can let go of the fire button completely. You still have to hold it down. The reason is when you do a loop the penalty for safety is you stop firing, the second is the power up changes when hit with your cannon fire. So you have to stop firing to pick what you want.

I turned it off and on and it is working properly. I hope I'm making sense brother.

Billy

11. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    Guess autofire to me means it just automatically fires regardless of whether you are touching a button. Thanks for the explanation!

12. 8bitmagicgames

Jun 23, 2017
    Thanks Billy for clearing that up, I was beginning to worry that I had a bug to deal with.

No problem Anthony, thanks for the heads up. Billy is right, the autofire mode is old school, in that you don't have to tap, just activated when you hold. Mainly because of the reason Billy stated about the weapons and because of the third level which will make sense when you get to it!

I'm considering switching to a button but I'm already looking at two buttons on the side opposite the joystick - fire and bomb which I know 7lilwhitewolf7 likes the idea of!

Just wondering if three buttons will overload or wether to see if I can make the joystick less sensitive in just the tilt?

Thanks all
    Rich

13. J.R. Jalapeno

J.R. Jalapeno Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2008
    Loving the game and the tilt controls. I just don't try flipping

14. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I like the idea of a button for the bomb as well so I can use it strategically. That would definitely be a plus for the gameplay.

If you let us place the buttons where we want them I'd say a third button would be ok. If not I would make a way to be able to increase the dead zone on the stick so we don't flip by accident.

Billy

15. 8bitmagicgames

Jun 23, 2017
    Sounds good Billy. I'll adjust the deadzone anyway as it needs addressing for a quick fix I need to get out along with fixing the mid-level save bug some people have experienced. It fixes itself if you get past your previous save but I should have defined something I'm checking for. It will be fixed!

Then I'll look at how to implement the buttons for bomb to accompany the fire button plus look into joystick and button placement. Might be a 4th option for controls - will see.

Thanks all, very much appreciated!

Best,
    Rich
    8bit Magic Games ltc

16. J.R. Jalapeno

J.R. Jalapeno Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2008
    Wait. You have bombs? #

17. 8bitmagicgames

Jun 23, 2017
    Yup but you have to time them well. They are the fire icon when you collect it. Time it right and they decimate the screen! They come after the energy bar icon when you shoot the power ups to change them.

The guys are thinking it would be nice to collect them and detonate them when you need them. I think I like that idea and so we're gonna build a bomb button next to the shoot button.

Takes great timing and skill in the current gameplay but once you know what you're looking for it's awesome!

18. 8bitmagicgames

Jun 23, 2017
    Billy/7lilwhiteshadow7

I've adjusted the deadzone of the joystick in my gamedev engine and you really have to pull down now past the bottom of the stick outer circle which works quite well. I might even make it a bit more dead zone to be sure! That way I can start to look at the buttons the other side. I think the bomb button is a way to go, always been a fan of Tatsujin/Truxton

Cheers
    Rich

19. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015

Sounds good. Thanks for looking at it!

20. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    Dope Yo!

Hahaaa!
    Billy and Dez
    Infinite lives =
    ⬆️⬆️⬇️⬇️⬅️➡️⬅️➡️#️#️ select start

Talk about Teamwork Y'All!
    Thankz m'Lordz

I remember i passed up a 2 dollars sale Tatsujin/Truxton on Genesis in Funcoland many moons ago. I'm about to go watch a review of it.

How about Replay Kit for #?