Universal Starsceptre (by Richard Morgan)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Jun 18, 2017.

1. 8bitmagicgames

8bitmagicgames Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2017
    Hi Chq - autofire is in the new version already out and I'm working to get the next version with 'normal' controls - an onscreen virtual stick. You'll be able to choose at any time which you want to play with. Thanks

2. 8bitmagicgames

Jun 23, 2017
    You'll be pleased to hear the last version is set to iOS 8.0 and above! Thanks!

3. 8bitmagicgames

Jun 23, 2017
    I totally understand and that's why the new version that will be due out in a week or two will have onscreen joystick controls! I'm just about to start testing those controls with Billy on this forum so we can see how it's working and fine tune it!

4. 8bitmagicgames

Jun 23, 2017
    Many thanks Jean Pierre - yeah I decided to go ios 8.0 and up! I'm so sorry the initial version was iOS 10.3 - it was my mistake as it didn't need to be. Thanks again!

5. 8bitmagicgames

Jun 23, 2017
    That will be fixed in the very next update! It was totally the right feedback to have and I think the touch joystick works really well. You'll see very soon! Thanks again!

6. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I have the test flight.

The joystick is effing PERFECT! It gets the Billy's thumbs up approval!!!

I've been playing and playing! I love it!!!

The joystick is extremely responsive! The gameplay is great! By the power of the sceptre release it as an update!!!!!!

Billy

7. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    This juz really makes my day. I love it when you R excited 4 something Awesome as this m'LordShad0wz. I juz knew we would have nothing to worry about when i seen that you were on task of control improvment. Thank You two TouchArcadians on your heArtwork on Onalee & Ensign Rooks journey. You have taken great chances & strides for your Tilt'n'Shmup, keep up the great heArtwork Richard. Back to blasting these Draxes into oblivion

8. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

Hahaha I already knew that! It worked alright on iOS 9.3.3 before getting the iOS8 support update

Thanks for replying! Go to Discord. We have cookies!

Thanks for letting us know. Will re-download once it's out and give it another go with said controls..

9. 7lilwhitewolf7

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    It finaly Tweeted m'Lord Richard + i updated your ⭐️✨☀️##

10. 8bitmagicgames

Jun 23, 2017
    Hi all, sorry for the late replies, but working hard with Billy to get the controls working spot on. We've tweaked the controls Billy played and I think it's now smooth as glass.

Billy (Lordshad0wz) and 7lilwhitewolf7 have been amazing offering advice and testing parts for me. It's been a real bonus having them input into the game and I hope you'll see that real soon. I'll be uploading to the App Store tonight and it'll take about a week for approval.

There's a couple more additions going into the game as well as the on screen joystick.

There's now a bonus system that kicks in at the end of each level for if you have perfect health, didn't use time rewind and also didn't collect any power ups - all to reward your skills with minimal weapons.

Also the laser and wave weapons have been beefed up and are a tactical choice now for when you would want to collect them. They can now remove alien bullets but as both weapons have a time lag between each fire you have to shoot wisely.

Anyway thanks for all the comments ! Back soon
    Rich

11. 8bitmagicgames

Jun 23, 2017
    Just submitted the new version to Apple for approval, fingers crossed it goes through without a hitch. Will let you know when it's updated! Thanks

12. 7lilwhitewolf7

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    That iz great news Yo!
    I wuz trying not to reveal this Boss, juz to show off the #ness of your heArtwork. I still think this weapon needs to be a bomb botton or double tap or lift finger to press option.

Awwwwwww!!!
    Wuz one piece away!!!

Attached Files:

13. 8bitmagicgames

Jun 23, 2017
    So close!!!!! I love this bomb art too ! Am still waiting for Apple to approve the new version. We're into Day 10 now...

14. 8bitmagicgames

Jun 23, 2017
    Hey all, the new version is out with the new optional on-screen joystick! Bonus scoring mechanic and improved weapons are there too!

I hope you all enjoy it:
    Starsceptre by Richard Morgan
    https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/starsceptre/id1180940430?mt=8

15. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #75 LordShad0wz, Sep 6, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
    I bought Star Sceptre today.

I love the on screen joystick. I think the developer did an amazing job. It's such a fun game. It's got Billy's seal of approval!

By the power of the sceptre, get this game! It's definitely worth the $2. You really need to support good devs like this.

I just left a nice 5 star review on the AppStore. It should show up by tomorrow morning.

Billy

16. 8bitmagicgames

Jun 23, 2017
    Thank you so much Billy! Your original suggestion of the on-screen stick really inspired me to try to find the best one to match the original gameplay. It was totally brilliant to have you test the beta and make suggestions.

And I think the new controls are even better than tilt.

Thank you so much for your review - it means the world to me.

Best
    Rich

17. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I LOVE that massive blast attack. I call it my NUKE helper lol. It turns everything into a crispy critter lol.

I really love using the joystick to do loops as well. I keep the joystick forward and when I'm about to be whacked I pull off a sweet loop using my sceptre hehe.

How you been Whitewolf we haven't talked in a long time??

Billy

18. 7lilwhitewolf7

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Hey Mane#

I've bn doing ok & life has been going alot better for me l8tly. It'z great to see you are having alot of fun. Thank You for your heArtwork on the controls & suggestions for Richard's epic futuristic creation. I'm juz now updating so i know i'm about to have some major fun. I still am going to finish this on the OriGinal Tilt'n'Shmup before i reward myself with yallz update. It should be soon bcuz this Boss has a nack of changing up attacks on Onalee & Ensign Rook. If that NUKE helper attack button gets implemented we gonna be crispy critter'n it till the mutant cows come home lol

I really hope you are healing greater and getting better sooner my Friend.
    So how'z it going on in your part of the sandbox?

19. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Whoohoo! Been waiting on virtual controls. Downloading now!!

20. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    You'll love it Chief, just keep the stick forward and when you need to do the loop pull back quick on the stick.

I would like to see in another update the ability to put the stick and button where we'd like on the screen and to set a dead zone on the stick and/or add a button for the loop.

I like the idea of doing the loop stops your firing and is a penalty. It's a risk/reward thing.

Does anyone else kill themselves a few times extra to see the hot chick wield that sceptre?? Hehe

Billy