Universal Starman: Tale of Light (By nada studio, sl)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by BigDich, Nov 4, 2017.

1. sergioab

sergioab Active Member

Oct 21, 2017
    Architect
    Spain
    Well, what can I say. We really appreciate that, and we are really thankful for all your feedback! I hope you truly enjoy it :)

2. jacobinn

jacobinn Member

Nov 5, 2017
    It's Jacobo here, the other developer.
    I didn't have an account, and just registered to thank you all guys for such incredible comments on the game. It really means a lot... this makes all worth it. Really... :)

3. Mooro

Mooro Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Buying the game based oh the review by TheGreatEscaper and this reply from the dev. Seems to be a great experience :) :) :)

4. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    This just gets better and better as you go along, one of my games of the year without a doubt.

5. sergioab

sergioab Active Member

Oct 21, 2017
    Architect
    Spain
    Thank you so much orangecan. Honestly, we feel that marketing is not our strength, and since it's only two of us behind all this, and this is our first game, going unnoticed is our main fear; The fact that you guys are enjoying starman... being many of you truly TA veterans... it's just... amazing. So please don't hesitate to come here to tell us if you are enjoying it; we really appreciate these kind of posts :)

6. lekkers

lekkers Member

Nov 8, 2017
    The Netherlands
    Guys, I'm loving this game. But I'm stuck on
    the beach, I think it's the 8th world. I already have the light cube, but I can't get to the bullseye in time!!!

7. sergioab

sergioab Active Member

Oct 21, 2017
    Architect
    Spain
    Thank you!
    Once you fire an 'energy pulse', you can use that same power cube to keep the trigger (the one that moves the bullseye up) pressed. So the idea is to be able to keep the 'pulse' flying indefinitely somehow, to change the cube of place... :)

8. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Love this game. The imagery is amazing and the gameplay just right. Saw you received a 9/10 review on another site. A very impressive score

9. sergioab

sergioab Active Member

Oct 21, 2017
    Architect
    Spain
    Thank you so much!
    I think I saw you review on the App Store, Thank you so much :):p
    As for the review on that other site... We read it too, and we are really happy and really excited to be honest :)

10. TheGreatEscaper

TheGreatEscaper Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2014
    You got a very nice write up by AppUnwrapper, too! She's been through an incredible number of puzzle games, so when she says that yours is good, you'd better believe it :)

11. sergioab

sergioab Active Member

Oct 21, 2017
    Architect
    Spain
    Absolutely, we were impressed by the review after seeing the vast amount of puzzles she had already played! She even made a whole walkthrough and posted it on YouTube :p! Really nice!

12. lekkers

lekkers Member

Nov 8, 2017
    The Netherlands
    I forgot to reply back, but I already solved it, just after asking you guys!!! I actually already finished the game, and I honestly loved it. Too bad it's already finished for me! 5/5 guys, great job!

13. sergioab

sergioab Active Member

Oct 21, 2017
    Architect
    Spain
    It’s Great to read that :)! I think the most satisfying thing here is to find the solution by yourself, maybe with a small hint, after struggling for a little while! Try not to surrender and enjoy the situation. Honestly, it’s been hard to find the proper ballance between frustration and real challenge, and not sure if we made it (We hope so); at least we tried guys :eek:

14. sergioab

sergioab Active Member

Oct 21, 2017
    Architect
    Spain
    #34 sergioab, Nov 18, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
    Just a quick note about the latest update 1.0.2:

We noticed that many players were using the "wheel" mechanism wrong, doing short swipes or slides instead of drawing closed circles around the wheel itself.

This have been the cause of frustration for many people, so we introduced an update where, the first time you find a wheel and grab it, a subtle animated circle is drawn. We hope it helps clarify how it works:

[​IMG]
    Animated Gif

Was it a problem for you? We'd love to hear your feedback guys

P.S: We are working on an update that will introduce things that will improve the whole experience. (But we'll keep the details for now :))

15. Maslan266

Maslan266 Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2017
    I am definitely buying this game in December 1. I was going to buy something else on that date, but this got a 9/10 score from PocketGamer, and the AppStore reviews has been very good looking. It has a Monument Valley vibe (another puzzle game that is extremely beautiful that I really enjoyed) I will share my thoughts after I finish it. (I’ve heard the character moves slow, perhaps fix it in a update?)

Anyway, congrats to both of you for finally releasing it! I cannot wait to get my hands on the game.

16. sergioab

sergioab Active Member

Oct 21, 2017
    Architect
    Spain
    Thank you so much :)! I really hope you like it, and please let us know what to think once you play!

As for the character’s speed, we don’t want to change the speed; we really want the game to be reflexive, and shouldn’t be annoying as long as you don’t rush, and try to think carefully. However, we are thinking of introducing something on an update that will reduce waiting times when you do something wrong :rolleyes: (so could be seen as a fix, no doubt)

17. jacobinn

jacobinn Member

Nov 5, 2017
    Guys!! We are among the twelve featured games for this December's Sale!
    For a limited time, 50% OFF :)

[​IMG]

https://t.co/GmdG0rEeMk

18. musk

musk Member

Nov 18, 2017
    Laussane
    Good to know; I've been following this game for a while, on the fence of buying it, but for this price I think I'm gonna do it. Just one more day of work before the long-awaited holidays, and then... God, I think I have tens of games waiting to be played haha.

19. sergioab

sergioab Active Member

Oct 21, 2017
    Architect
    Spain
    Thank you, really appreciated! As my brother Jacobo said, it’s only for a limited time, so don’t wait to much ;)

20. stogie53

stogie53 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    Multiple devices

Can progress sync between ipad and iphone?